Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Are we doing all episode discussions in one thread? That's new... and efficient! (I was confused for a second when I read the first page.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
Actually Vesta, early summer when they were at the JIB convention in Rome, Jared thought it was a good idea to wrestle with Osric (Kevin) Needless to say, Jared landed wrong on his shoulder and dislocated it and did some major damage where he had to have surgery. Then since he wasn't cleared to be out the sling completely when they started taping, the writers wrote his injury into the story line the first 3 or 4 episodes.
He wrestled Osric? As in Kevin the Prophet? And lost? Oh man, I'm equal parts sympathetic but also laughing. You just know Jared initiated the wrestling. I hope he's better know (and hopefully Osric isn't too guilty about the whole thing).

Also, I'm glad we're all in agreement that Sam is badass. He's the tallest and most muscled of the cast but seems to get the most whumpage. Nice to see him confident and hunter fast like we did in the 'Soul Survivor' episode. We got some badass, strategic moments. His reflexes (which could've helped with his hand earlier) were totally on point last episode. He could've killed Dean but showed mercy. Or maybe stalled and bought himself enough time for Castiel to arrive (why didn't he zap himself there sooner? 'Cus he didn't have enough angel power? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikhands1 (View Post)
The Sam/Dean exchange throughout the entire episode was spot on. Dean being uncaring, yet Sam determined to save him, one way or another. The feels were intense between the brothers.
Their exchanges were the best part of the episode for me. Even when Dean was dealing low blows (blaming Sam for their mom's death? Really?) Sam stood firm. He didn't take the bait and I'm proud of Sam for that.

Quote:
“Which one of us is really the monster?” I don’t know, I think Sam & Dean have done worse in the past. Yes, there was intention there. But who knew he would be killed by Dean because he was a d*ck
They've both done horrible things in the past, both without knowing and with intent. They're on equal footing when it comes to guilt and doing morally gray things. I think Dean was just bluffing to unnerve Sam. I wonder if he brought up the Demon blood and rehashed the apocalypse to aggravate Sam too.

Quote:
“We don’t get to quit.” Sam should know. He tried and Dean wouldn’t let him. Now he’s not letting Dean quit. *sigh* And the unhealthy circle continues
Sam going to Dean’s room & finding those pictures. OMG! No words (but did you see that one of the pics is a Jared/Jensen bts pic, not Sam/Dean?)
That is a good point. Are they gonna sweep Sam's suicidal world-weariness under the rug or will it go the way of Dean's alcoholism? I swear these two will be the emotionally-stunted death of me.

And yeah, those photos were totally off-set photos (I asked in the main SPN board who could've taken the photos! ) but it's nice to have some canon grinning boys. Fanfics can fill in the blanks on when those moments took place.

Quote:
The cat & mouse chase around the bunker was intense! I love how Dean kept calling Sam “Sammy”. A hammer? Interesting choice. Didn’t realize it could do so much damage. Jensen reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
YES. 'The Shining'! My favorite Stephen King movie ever (despite it not following the book). The hammer is a great parallel to the croquet mallet the male protagonist in the shining used when he went crazy. Oh man, that slow "chase" scene was my favorite. I was on the edge of my seat and as I said before, I'm so glad, Sam didn't get his head bashed and showed his hunter prowess. You go, Sam!

Quote:
I love Castiel, I really do, but his story line is a bit blah. There’s attraction between Cas & Hannah (who I’m hoping she sticks around & ends up being an asset to Cas), but not sure how that will turn out.
I agree and don't know much more to say about the Castiel issue. Oh, except let's have more Castiel and Sam interactions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Warning (View Post)
I loved how determined Sam was to save Dean, even when he was being chased like a horror film he did not miss a beat, and he has shown the puppy face quite a few times in the last eps but a bit disappointed the demon Dean was not utilized more.
I know right? Sure, my Sam-loving self was enjoying Sam's kickassery but I was surprised at the end when Dean was in fact cured. I totally expected a fakeout. It would've been just like him to pretend to be human and then right before the credits, *boom* black demon eyes! Even Souless Sam lasted longer. But I guess Demon Dean wouldn't work well with Sam. He was more of a boozy, sex-starved, killer. (Oh wait, how is that different from Dean? )

P.S: Hope the brothers take Castiel's advice about relaxing while the monster activity seems to be low. If anyone deserves the rest, it's them. And if anyone deserves to get drunk, it's Sam.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you like its all in one thread Vesta!

Yes the shining parallel was so awesome!

Yes I need more bamf Sam so damn! :love;

I need Sam & Dean to work on thingds & yes more Sam & Cas scenes to please!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

"Paper Moon"

October 28, 2014 at 9pm EST on The CW

WEREWOLF KATE RETURNS —A recent string of werewolf attacks points to a surprising culprit – Kate (guest star Britni Sheridan), the werewolf Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) let live.
Jeannot Szwarc directed the episode written by Adam Glass.

Last edited by magikhands1; 10-26-2014 at 07:46 PM
quin0611 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait for this episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta
Or maybe stalled and bought himself enough time for Castiel to arrive (why didn't he zap himself there sooner? 'Cus he didn't have enough angel power?
Since all the angels feel from Heaven they have no wing, so they can't zap anywhere. That's why they were traveling in Cas' pimp-mobile
Old 10-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg Chris! I hope that bringing Kate back again is better than this time than in season 8.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode alot more than, I expected!

I was happy to see Sam & Dean talking!

Omg I loved that took a break to just relax and clear their heads.

Kate being back was better than expected. She was way more fierce in this episode! She had guts and killed her sister Tasha she knew their was no other way! She was right Tasha turned into a monster it had to be done.

Yay Sam saved Dean from being stabbed. Sam wasn't a total damsel in distress in 10x4!

I liked that Dean rubbed Sam's arm asked if he was ok.

The boys are trying to work things which is a great step in the right direction which will take time!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Passionate Fan

When I heard that Kate was coming back from the one episode which I didn´t finished watching I was not to thrilled at all but I have to say that I really liked this episode and Kate was okay.

What I really like was that this episode focus on Sam and Dean and their relationsship and how they feel at the moment about their past months and their relationsship and everything else. No boring angel storyline - even if I love Castiel I don´t need to hear from him and Hanna in the next couple of episodes. Only if he comes alone and has meaningful scenes with the brothers. And the same goes for Crowley. I just need a break from them to welcome them back with open arms if the storyline is worth it.

Love the scenes in the impala with them talking about things. It really is a step in the right direction. Love that Dean says thanks and love that Sam says there is no need to. Love the worry from Sam about Dean not being ready and love it even more that they talk about it without either one being mad or sad or stomping off. Sure not everything is well in paradise but they both are willing to try and that I missed for soooo long.

And what I didn´t expected I am glad that Kate got to run off again and be still alive. She earned it.
Overall I really like this episode a lot!!!!

@quin: Yes I agree completely with you that I was so happy that Sam was not again a damsel in distress and no one tied him to or at anything. A big YEAH for that!!!!

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.

Last edited by sunny214; 10-29-2014 at 10:51 AM
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
I liked the episode alot more than, I expected!

I was happy to see Sam & Dean talking!
It was great to see that.

Quote:
Kate being back was better than expected. She was way more fierce in this episode! She had guts and killed her sister Tasha she knew their was no other way! She was right Tasha turned into a monster it had to be done.
I agree.

Quote:
Yay Sam saved Dean from being stabbed. Sam wasn't a total damsel in distress in 10x4!
Yes, it was good to see that.

Quote:
The boys are trying to work things which is a great step in the right direction which will take time!
Amen to that. This is what I wanted from Season Ten.

Sam being worried about Dean.

Last edited by albion_princess; 11-12-2014 at 12:29 PM
albion_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Happy Halloween everyone! I posted most of my general thoughts on the main SPN board so I'll keep it brief here. (Well, as brief as I'm known for. ) The last episode was scary because they brought back a character from an episode I disliked so much I blocked it/her from my memory. Nice to know others weren't happy to see Kate.

Everytime her or her sister were on screen, I was like, "bleh..." and whenever Sam or Dean were on screen I was like, "yay!" Also, everytime they tried to compare the werewolf sisters to Sam and Dean, whether directly or indirectly, I was like, "NO WAY. Sam and Dean are a million times better, even at their worst!" Seriously, I'd take Soulless Sam and Demon Dean (woo, alliteration!) any day. Speaking of, Sam and Dean finally relaxed and worked together! They rocked everything they wore (sunglasses and ranger outfits) and they truly are the Major Leagues. I was hoping Dean's mark of Cain would act up but she escaped again. If she ever comes back I'll swear off the rest of season! Again.

BTW, did my eyes deceive me or did Sam stab both vampire guys, saving himself and Dean? And all with an injured hand? If so, nice! I am soooo looking forward to the 200th episode. I didn't even know they were up to it! (I know Dean says no singing in Supernatural but Demon Dean did karaoke so I want to hear Sam sing. I don't care if he sounds like a dying moose, it just makes him more relatable to me since I cannot sing either. )
Old 11-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes exactly the bros worrying about each other & talking to each other!

Happy Halloween Vesta!

Yes we got to see bamf Sam even injured he got to finally be a bad a** hunter again yay!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Oh man, I was working late on Tuesday so I was worried I'd miss the big 200th musical episode. Sooo glad they didn't have a new episode this past week! (And I'm probably the only one... )
Old 11-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad you didn't miss the new episode Vesta! Yay the episode is Tuesday and I hope the ratings are higher for this episode too!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

"Fan Fiction"
November 11, 2014

SUPERNATURAL CELEBRATES ITS 200TH EPISODE — When Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate the disappearance of a teacher, they are stunned to see the school is putting on a musical based on their lives. Familiar faces abound in this milestone episode.

Written by Robbie Thompson, directed by Phil Sgriccia.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt Chris! Excited for tonight! hug:
Old 11-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Computer opening… Awesome!!!
Marie is a bit …um, pushy?!
Okay, maybe that teacher deserved to be snatched after saying all of that about “Supernatural”
OMG, the Supernatural opening looks like our title Survivor
Dean & Baby reunited again And Sam looks like he just work up. Love the hair and the single layer guys
“Sam, out there hunting, that’s the only normal I know. We’ve got work to do.” Fangirl sqeel & did you see Sam’s hair flip into his eye

Funny moments:
Dean teasing Sam about drama Then their expressions seeing the girls practices “Idjits” “Hey, Assbutt” & a song about their lives Fake Sam & Dean practicing their badge holding – “There’s no singing in “Supernatural” then Sam’s look – Andrew “Floyd” Webber crap – “I’m gonna need 50 jello shots & a hose down to get this stink off me” – Sam, ever the mediator – “I’m gonna throw up” then Sam loving the idea of the play – The B.M. scene “The Bowel-Movement scene?” – “Why are they standing so close together? Reasons. You know they are brothers right? Duh, but subtext.” Dean’s reaction – Telling a Winchester not to touch anything?? – “And then Dean becomes a woman” Dean’s reaction – “Sam hit a dog” Never live it down – “That is the worst Fan fiction I’ve ever heard” LOL - Dean learns what Destiel is - Dea-stiel? Sastiel? Samstiel? Casdean? – “And you guys are way too old to be Sam & Dean” “More of a Rufus/Bobby Combo – “Say it one more time, but with a little more Arnold.” – “I kinda hate the Meta stories.” “Me too” – “Stand as close as she wants you to and I want you to put as much sub into that text as you possibly can” - Ghoooost – facers – Manly sheen? – A single man tear – “No chick flick moments” – To Sam “If you cut your hair a little, you’d make a pretty great Dean” – “I don’t need a symbol to remind me how I feel about my brother. Just take it. Jerk. Bitch” Their expressions – “Who’s that? Oh, that’s Adam. John Winchester’s other kid. He’s still trapped in the cage in hell with Lucifer” Guilt trip anyone –

Squeel or Aaaawww or Feels moments:
Dean to Marie “Take a bow, Sammy.” - “The two of us against the world. What she said” - Expressions during the “Carry on my wayward son” song – Dean hanging the ‘samulet’ on his mirror & Sma’s small grin - And then the epic ending… CHUCK!!!
Supernatural has everything - life death, redemption, resurrection, but most of all… Family --- Amen, sister!

Marie is a Sam-Girl - I so don’t get the robot - Catchy tunes. Cas’ song, Dean’s song, Single tear song –I really like that Sam … both Sams … killed the Monster of the Week. Dean still hasn’t killed since he was cured

I truly enjoyed this episode. It spoke to me… that the cast & crew & writers are very aware of us fans. And yes, we can be a bit odd & eccentric (really a robot? Tenticles?) , and especially us fan fic writers that like to put our own little twist & ship to it But they acknowledge the role we play in keeping the universe alive and how the show keeps snagging new fans each year. I believe Robbie Thompson did a great job with this “Meta” story. Made me laugh, smile, deal with the feels, & yes, cry (a single man tear )