Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jared in 8x19 - Taxi Driver-SPN Episode Discussion

"Taxi Driver"
April 3, 2013 The CW

SAM AND DEAN FACE THE SECOND TRIAL — Sam and Dean respond to a call from Kevin (guest star Osric Chau), who is terrified after hearing Crowley’s (guest star Mark Sheppard) voice in his head. After hearing Kevin’s news, Sam and Dean team up with reaper named Ajay (guest star Assaf Cohen), who helps them deal with the second trial from the Tablet. Meanwhile, Dean receives a visit from Naomi (guest star Amanda Tapping) and realizes he must find Benny (guest star Ty Olsson) and ask for a huge favor.

Guy Bee directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still have to watch the episode! I need Sam to be ok!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I love this episode sooo much!!!

Starting with the best parts - TWO HUGS in ONE episode and I can not tell you which one I love more. I am so glad that finally Sam and Bobby had their moments together. In the past it was almost always Dean who got the emotional scenes with Bobby. So I confess that I was very happy that Dean had to stay away from hell. It was so moving and touching when Bobby realised that it was the real Sam.
And then of course the brother hug. It remembered me of the season two hug. Dean was back then and now so glad to see Sam alive. And then the talk afterwards broke my heart for both of them. Sam was really sorry for Benny and Dean that he had stayed in Purgatory and Dean was truly heartbroken that he lost his friend for good.

Which lead me to Crowley what a bastard. I can´t help myself but I really love him - in a love to hate him kind of way - most of the time. He is such a great villian better then the mother of all crap or the laughable Dick Roman.
It is such a pleasure and joy to watch Mark Sheppard play this cool bastard.

Which lead me to another joyful character. Bobby how much I missed you I just realised during this episode. Jim Beaver was fantastic as always. His balls and his confusion/frustation what had happened after he left the boys was so great to watch.

As I said before the two hugs were the best part but close on the second place is the goodbye between Benny and Dean. I was not such a big fan of Benny but I am really glad that he didn´t turn out as a bad guy but stayed true to his loyalty to Dean and helped him rescue his little brother. My heart became very heavy between their little talk before Benny went back.

Naomi I don´t trust her at all. She is only helping the Winchesters because she hopes they will lead her to Cas and the Angel tablet. She wouldn´t have cared for Bobby at all if it wasn´t to prove her point that she would be trustworthy which made her even less trustworthy in my eyes. But I am still happy that she did it. For Bobbys sake and to see that look in Crowleys face.

Kevin - I don´t know what to think about him and I will leave it at that. Just that maybe Dean wasn´t so helpful with his comments about that it will never stop and that he has to suck it up. He meant well but I guess that that wasn´t something Kev wanted to hear.

It may have not had a big reveal or lots of action but the emotions in this were topnotch and really touched me deeply.

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I need to watch it! I didn't read your review but I saw the word hugs in there and am super excited now
Old 04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Passionate Fan

You can be because the hugs a sooo wonderful.

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode! Yay we saw Bobby again! Omg I loved Sam and Dean's hug! I wonder what will happen next with Kevin being and the next trail! I hope Sam will be strong enough for the next trail. I'm glad they left the door open for Benny as well. Ugh I hope Naomi goes away soon! I was so proud of Sam in this episode! Love my baby!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh yes Sunny.... That was a real great episode..... I mean to watch it with you one the phone is just the best....Can you remember our AWWWS? about the Sam and Bobby HUG??? And another AWWW! Sam and Dean HUG??? Gosh and even the Dean and Benny scene was totally emotional..... I am so glad the we saw Bobby and so glad and Happy the Sam and Bobby had a scene. Only the TWO of them... Damn long time!!!!!But the best for me was the Sam and Dean hug... That was def. an emotional and true Brother Love hug..... It was like in S2 after Sam came back from Death..... But Sam in the car at the end??? I am so worried about him... Like he wasn´t there with his mind you know??? AND!!!! I am glad that Sam said those things about Benny to Dean.....Love love love that episode.... Rewatched it 3 times!!!!!
Jaredina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I know it was a pleasure as always to watch it with you.
I can´t stop watching these hugs and the awesome Sam and Bobby scenes.
How long have we waited for them. Usually it is Dean and Bobby who have these emotional scenes (and guess what I love them) but to finally see these bonding between Sam and Bobby again and for Bobby to be so happy and relieved to see Sam again it was what they both needed.

And of course the brother hug is just pure awesomeness and so heartwarming. I know that be both watched it after the episode finished again and again and again.

And I am soooo worried about Sam. They both played these last scene in the car perfect. The looks between them said more then thousand words.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg yes Marion the Sam and Dean hugs and car scene at the end were amazing!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

So my dvr somehow deleted this Now I have to find time to watch it online
Old 04-14-2013, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg damn that sucks! Hopefully you can watch it on the CW site soon.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh so I finally got to watch this! Took me long enough

So worth the wait, I loved every minute of it. Dean being so worried about Sam, and the hug!!!! I even enjoyed Benny, and I knew that he was going to stay there and i am glad that he did because it did show that he is a good guy but he knows he won't stay that way on earth.

BOBBY!!!! I love him so much, glad he got to heaven!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg yes thank god Bobby came back we need him to see him again mote often! Yay it was cool Benny helped Sam. Omg Dean hugging Sam so hard was so sweet and amazing!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was really glad to see Benny helped Sam. It was great and it showed Sam a different side of Benny that Dean saw
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I loved that too!