Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

The Meade/Suarez Connection

If you have a better title than the one I came up with off the top of my head please, please suggest it because I'm not really gung-ho about this one!

Alright, so I've created this thread to discuss the fun and heartwarming stuff that make up many a Meade/Suarez scene on Ugly Betty.

What was initially thought of at the D/B shipper board as a friendship alternative to Daniel/Betty, I'm expanding to cover scenes where Betty and Claire Meade have bonded, or when Daniel and Papa Suarez shared some good advice; heck, any Meade and Suarez interaction. (For example. I loved the episode where SuperDad and Hilda helped out the fugitives Mrs. Meade and Yoga; best disguises ever! And then, I believe in that same episode, we got Mr. Meade's deathbed speech to Betty which was a true tearjerker moment, almost making me wish he'd been around to develop the unique bond every other Meade family member seems to have with Betty.)

This is to discuss the family and friendshippy stuff, the comedic aspects and the dramatics. The stuff we got alot of earlier on in the series, and I'm hoping we get more of in the future. And of course, this thread is to discuss the main leads, Betty Suarez and Daniel Meade who have the strongest connection of them all. (But if you want to discuss them in terms of shipping/romance, may I direct you to this thread? )

So I hope this wasn't too long an introduction. Hope people will post in here. Gimmie your favorite moments, your favorite quotes, favorite screencaps, etc. And lets see how this thread develops.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Hestia I think it's a terrific idea to expand it to the entire family you're the best

When I think of these two families, I always remember the moment where Claire learns about Betty's birthday and she gives her her own earrings, this is such a beautiful and touching moment, definitely one of my favorite
Old 12-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked when Claire and Betty were at the spa and Betty's phone rang and Claire said something like "I haven't passed out in a Mexican whorehouse again, have I?"
Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

I always wished that Justin's "Free Claire" t-shirts should've been sold on the ABC website (along with Betty's Poncho).

(I can't remember off the top of my head the first time Justin meets Claire, if he even meets her at all... anyone remember? )

I'm gonna try and find the screencaps for those moments you girls mentioned because I love them too! Betty/Claire moments have evolved from funny to so sweet! And I'm glad people seem to like the idea of this thread!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Awesome idea, Hestia! I don't think we could've really justified having a whole friendship thread for D/B when there aren't really enough posters to maintain it, but I definitely love having one for Meade/Suarez bonding, because that's one of my favourite things on the show. I love all the moments mentioned so far, but I also have to give a shout-out to the times that Papa Suarez has given advice to Daniel in the absence of his own father, those are really sweet I'll have to think of more, for sure!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Glad you like it, Sadia! I wasn't sure what you'd think about this new thread. SuperDad has the powers to bring comfort to any child in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_ice_baby (View Post)
I liked when Claire and Betty were at the spa and Betty's phone rang and Claire said something like "I haven't passed out in a Mexican whorehouse again, have I?"
I loved that Claire and Betty scene; I believe it's the first time they were shown together on the show and she gave Betty the superb advice about Walter the pain in the ass. (Also loved the little challenge Claire gave Betty about drinking some unmarked bottle of alcohol: "I wanted to drink this, what could you do to stop me." And Betty just bats it out of her hand! Claire's impressed "Not bad" clinches it.)

Old 01-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hahaha thanks for the gif the scene is priceless

Poor Wilbur Walter, nobody likes him

PS : nice choice Sadia I love that scene too
Old 01-02-2010, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

Hahahaha, I love Claire's face in that gif, it's hilarious! I love Claire/Betty scenes, they're always so sweet, despite it being an unusual pairing, almost. They mirror the scenes Daniel has with Ignacio, and I like how Daniel and Betty have found surrogate figures for the parents they don't have anymore in each other's parents (if that makes sense), I always thought that was pretty neat, and strengthened the bond between them aswell.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

^ Definitely makes sense. I just wish SuperDad had more scenes with Claire. They're the only ones who didn't seem to interact as much considering their children are so close.

(His impression of her in this disguise just isn't enough of a moment. We need more than that tiny temporary crush on her in that getup. )
Old 01-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I really love her disguise