Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Hilda & Daniel Appreciation Thread - Because They Already Shared a Kiss

If there's a thread like this, please feel free to post the link and close this one down.

(Maybe a true shipper and someone who's talented with Photoshop/PSP can make a better opening banner. )

(Thanks to ugly-is-in.com and TracyLynn who brought the cute link.)

So I PM'd a few girls and I don't think I'm alone when I say Hilda and Daniel make an cute match. They look good. I never really shipped these two (and to an extent I still don't) but I can appreciate their interraction and how they look together, visually. What sealed the deal was Daniel's interraction with Justin. He's so good with Hilda's son; it's just too sweet to overlook!

So whether you think there's a possibility they would make a good couple (like I do) or full out ship the pair, feel free to post and discuss these two.

Reasons I think these two have a chance

1. He defended her son from Santos. (Lose The Boss)
2. She helped take care of him when he was hung over (Lose The Boss)
3. Could she have been jealous that her sister was on a date with Daniel? (In Or Out)
4. He offered Hilda a job. (I'm Coming Out)
5. They shared a kiss, albeit a drunken kiss. (I'm Coming Out)
6. He taught Justin to shoot hoops (Betty's Wait Problem)
* And basically he seems to be very fond of Justin. They bring out the best in each other. Something I'm sure Hilda appreciates. *

(If anyone has anymore reasons, please tell me so I can add it to the list!)

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 11-12-2007 at 06:54 PM Reason: New Pic!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Awww, awesome opening!

I think Hilda/Daniel would be cute as hell. Too bad they rarely see each other.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

I don't ship them, but cool thread in any case!

Oh, and you should definitely add that banner to the opening!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Rockstar! My first poster and it's a mod! I agree on the cuteness factor. That's why I sorta ship them. Maybe if they have more moments together I'd actually ship them like I ship Henry/Betty (well maybe not exactly like H/B; I'm practically obssessed with those two! )

And, thanks Belle. I'll think about... I still don't like the banner but maybe I'm being too critical? Then again, are either of you good with photoshop?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedHestia (View Post)
Rockstar! My first poster and it's a mod! I agree on the cuteness factor. That's why I sorta ship them. Maybe if they have more moments together I'd actually ship them like I ship Henry/Betty (well maybe not exactly like H/B; I'm practically obssessed with those two! )

And, thanks Belle. I'll think about... I still don't like the banner but maybe I'm being too critical? Then again, are either of you good with photoshop?
My pleasure.

They absolutely should have more scenes together! Hilda gets the flirty eyes whenever he's near. Plus, he's great with Justin.

I'm better at icons than I am banners. I really think you should post the one in the link. It's so pretty!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
My pleasure.
I'm better at icons than I am banners. I really think you should post the one in the link. It's so pretty!
Icons are great too! Maybe make one of them from whatever episode you'd like? If you have the time?

... I guess since you both like the banner, I'll post it. But seriously: Ginger, Teri, TracyLynn, I PMd you girls and I hope you gals come by soon and maybe you know a good fan artist?

Maybe I'll post some screencap links to go with the reasons...
Old 10-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hestia, you make valid points for HD to happen. Will it? It doesn't seem like it with the way the current storyline is unfolding. I think they can be friendly towards each other. Love? I don't know. It would be interesting to see how a friendship would unfold between them.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Icons are great too! Maybe make one of them from whatever episode you'd like? If you have the time?
Right now I'm trying to make icons for anything other than Rory/Dean (the couple in my current avie) and it's not working.

But if I make any Ugly Betty and Hilda/Daniel icons, I'll post them here.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I
... I guess since you both like the banner, I'll post it. But seriously: Ginger, Teri, TracyLynn, I PMd you girls and I hope you gals come by soon and maybe you know a good fan artist?
I think the banners nice.

I love the idea of Daniel and Hilda, and no, it's not because I'm a Henry/Betty shipper. I just think they are more compatible. Hilda's a little spifire--she takes no bull, she's mouthy, but she has a heart of gold. And I think Daniel needs someone like that. Someone who can spar with him, keep him in line, call him out when need be, all while doing it with the best of intentions. Betty tries to do it, but I think she still sees herself a bit "under" Daniel, so she is a bit timid to speak up.

Also, Daniel needs the Suarez family. Ever since he spent the day after Thanksgiving with them, you could see he loved being a part of a nice, stable, supporting family. And we know how well he interacts with everyone in the family.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
New Fan

Howdy !

Woo hoo....yes, I ship them.

You know, I really do see alot of potential for this couple. Daniel is always going to have to travel in social circles and have someone on his arm that looks the part and loves it. I think Hilda could be that person.

She is never going to let it go to her head because she has a family that is so supportive and grounded. But, I can see her having more fun in Daniel's life than anyone else people might be shipping.

Plus, she brings that real life factor and family to Daniel's life which I think he really needs.

This is by far one of my favorite pictures of them from the upfronts last year :

ABC Upfronts 2007-2008

As more people discuss, I will definitely chime in.

Love them

tracylynn
Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

That's a cute picture tracylynn. Thanks for posting that.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

TracyLynn! Holy moly, I didn't realize you stopped by! So glad you came and that picture you brought; Oh My Goodness, it's soooo cute! I have to post it in the opening post!

Thanks for the link, hun! If you stumble upon any other pics like that please don't hestitate to post!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

The opening looks even better with that picture!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 PM
New Fan

You're welcome for the pic.....I think it looks great at the top of the thread too.

I think Ana Ortiz represents the perfect mix between Hilda and someone that would make Daniel a fantastic wife, so I think the transition into that role would be so seemless for the character.

I have written one fic that hints at a possible Hilda/Daniel relationship....it has been going on since the beginning of the summer and I have one chapter to go to complete it. I plan to do that this weekend.

I never can remember the rules on this forum - let me know if I can post a link to it here and I will.

Hilda/Daniel........I can wait for it.

tracylynn
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

You made a fic for Hilda/Daniel? Awesome!

You can most definitely link you fic. I'll actually be able to read it that way. About the rules: you're not allowed to link to another forum. If you want to link to say Live Journal, then that's plenty fine.