Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Grin and Bear It" {Ep:2x04} Episode Discussion Thread

Grin and Bear It
Aired: Thursday, October 18th

Alexis' return to work is complicated by some unladylike behavior;Daniel is troubled by demands from a major advertiser (James Van DerBeek); Betty enrolls in a writing class; Amanda begins the search for her father.

YAY!! Almost time!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 10-25-2007 at 03:06 PM
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Haha, Dawson was in this one. I haven't seen it yet, but that should be awesome
Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay I know Justin is acting out on behalf of his father's death, but I don't want to sound, how do I say observant of his character since S1, but he's umm..not heterosexual, but I know the show hasn't said if he was or is..on behalf of the mother saying she's happy of who her son is, in any form of expression due to his interests, but dude he was kissing a girl and I was thinking "whaaaaaaaaaa..." and i'm Gay LOL.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Banned

I loved this episode it was great.

I really felt bad for Justin he's really acting out because of his father's death. I know it's a typical reason for doing what he was doing in the episode. But i hope this fase will go away soon cause it's making the character hard to watch for me cause i love Jusin.

There wasn't alot of Hilda or Ignocio but that was ok. I only wish Hilda would've seen Justin making out with that girl and not Henry.

Willi:I was so shocked that she was ugly when she was younger. And am shocked that she accually doesn't want to own Mode just destroy it.

Marc:Still hilarious love him.

Amanda:I'm happy that Amanda is getting some info on her real father. This storyline is really good.

Betty:I was ok with her storyline but that teach was mean.

And my love James Van Der Beak loved seeing him again.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see this episode I haven't watched UB in a good while because I am too invested on the spanish version *points at avatar* but James is James, so I'll watch this one

Anyway, UB will start airing in Spain very soon, so I will probably catch the show as they air it here as well
Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatriz (View Post)
I can't wait to see this episode I haven't watched UB in a good while because I am too invested on the spanish version *points at avatar* but James is James, so I'll watch this one
Hee, I totally thought about you when I saw James

It was quite a good episode.

LOVED Victor Garber! This guy can play anything, even a mean teacher. I really hope he'll stick around.

I also loved Daniel backing up Betty, and then his reaction when he found out how much his opinion mattered to her. These two have the best scenes (and best chemistry on the show).

I used to like Betty/Henry but this whole storyline is starting to bore me. Too much angst.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I guess my problem with the Betty/Henry storyline is that it's 2007. Having a child with someone doesn't mean you have to be with that person and it's not impossible to date someone with a kid (I'm doing it, it's not easy but it's not the end of the world). So I don't get why it has to be super angsty. Give Henry some space to find his groove as a dad but he wants to be with Betty. It can happen.

The Justin storyline is wonderful. I think it's great that rather than really finding out what his dad was like, Justin is kind of living up tot he stereotype that Santos represented. In actuality, Santos was really caring and becoming very open-minded to who Justin was. Him kissing the girl was just hilarious to me and when she said "It's jus bee-ah" I nearly died.

I don't think Wili was ugly, but I think it's hilarious that she went to so much trouble to get rid of the pics and she hands-down had the best lines of the episode. "I would express sympathy but I can't physically"
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

I loved all things Henry and Daniel in this episode. I thought it was really sweet (and character strengthening!) that Daniel not only stood up for Alexis and turned down the spread, but he also told her the truth! I had this huge sense of satisfaction with that scene and with Alexis' understanding reaction. It was honest and just lovely.

On a funny Daniel note I loved his thumbs up and I love how Alexis and Betty are well aware of it! It's adorable that he doesn't like to hurt people's feelings so he relies on a good old thumbs up!

Henry was too awesome for me, too! I don't know, but I'm so glad we're seeing more of him this season. He's been fantastic! I loved all his scenes with Betty (even that awful last one!), but his stuff with the Suarez family needs to continue. I love how he drove to Queens just to tutor Justin and his incorporating fashion, knowing Justin's into that stuff. What a sweetheart!

I could have done without the whole Betty bear attack paper stealing. It's not Betty and even if this professor was awful I just don't think she should have. It's so strange how her dynamic with Daniel seemed a little reversed. Betty got into trouble and Daniel bailed her out. Also, he did the right thing, standing up for Alexis and telling the truth, while Betty still hasn't told Daniel about Wilhelmina's affair. I understand why she lied, but still!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Betty's dream about her teddy bear attacking her had me cracking up! Absolutely hilarious!

And Mark: "We're doomed! Doomed!"

the Betty/Daniel scene at the end. I adore their friendship to pieces.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodicWays (View Post)
I guess my problem with the Betty/Henry storyline is that it's 2007. Having a child with someone doesn't mean you have to be with that person and it's not impossible to date someone with a kid (I'm doing it, it's not easy but it's not the end of the world). So I don't get why it has to be super angsty. Give Henry some space to find his groove as a dad but he wants to be with Betty. It can happen.
Word! Unless Charlie tries to keep Henry away from the child, I don't see why he has to be with her to be a good father. I know he grew up without a father, but it's a very different thing to not have a father and to have a father who's involved with your life but just isn't with your mum.

A part of me expected him to be the father because the writers of the show don't like to go with the easy route. Maybe we'll find out he's actually lying or the tests were wrong... but it'd be nice to see a single father on tv.

Apart from that:

-it seems Ignacio doesn't like Henry much...
-D/B are
-James Van Der Beek was kinda wasted, only two short scenes and his character wasn't very memorable They could have gotten a less know actor for the role and it wouldn't have made a difference (same goes for the great Illeana Douglas).
-Victor Garber on the other hand was AWESOME. He needs to be a recurring or have his own spin-off.
-Loved the Studio 54 flashback and Ugly Wanda, though she didn't seem the type who wants to be a supermodel.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Victor Garber was totally awesome I miss seeing him on TV

I dont really get the whole angsty side of the Henry being the father storyline, either. They better not do the whole "gotta marry her" bit too. Ugh. Gag me.

and...I love Daniel. Just gotta say it.

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

This episode is airing again tonight.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

I watched like the last 20 minutes. Loved the D/B scene.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Aaw, I remember watching this episode when it first aired! Good times

I won't go into a big spiel about it all, but Daniel's thumbs-up thing is SO adorkable. The fact that he would rather do that than hurt people's feelings by telling them the truth makes me him even more.

But y'know what I especially loved? The end Daniel/Betty scene His face when he found out she read freaked about the story because he didn't like it, and their expressions when she was like "because you're my friend". OH MY GOD! And the mutual pep-talks were the cutest thing ever. Serious, serious for those two

Ok, I'll shut up now!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sadia I'm totally with you on the D/B stuff.