Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Fashion Thread #1: Do we want to dress like Betty or the models?

I'm not sure about the title,but I figured it being a fashion show we could have a fashion thread. We can talk about what's in, what's out, what we like on the show, what we don't.

The main article right now is her Guatamala pancho. I feel so sad for her, because she actually think she's in style. It's a cute pancho, just not something i'd ever wear to a fashion magazine office.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 08-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

at her poncho! omg... just.yea.... what r they trying to do to America... serious overkill i think!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know. I'm dying to see other outfits they put her in. She'll probably be dressed like me and i'll feel embarrased.

icon by jess
Old 08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

aw!... yea... i live in my jeans so... i feel the fashion police always a step behind me... *looks over shoulder*
Old 08-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I live in pj's, or rather my husbands. When I go outside, normal shorts and t-shirts. I think sometimes i'm picky because of my weight. I'm not that big, I just feel overweight and I want to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes and it's taking a long time. I've lost about 12 lbs, so i'm on my way. I just want to look good for the fall. I love jeans/sweaters/boots.

icon by jess
Old 08-23-2006, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

go stacy go! you can do it!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks! That's definitly what I need...a cheerleader on my side.

icon by jess
Old 09-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New picture and i've been wondering, what does everyone think of her "B" necklace? Would you wear that?

icon by jess
Old 09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

I seriously love that necklace! I would never wear something like that! But for Betty, she totally pulls it off!! And the poncho?!! Classic!!!! I hope they bring back in later eppies! I would totally die from laughter if they did!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it too. I claimed the poncho on the keeper list. Wasn't sure if I should choose that or the "B" necklace, but I just went for the pancho just because it's such a wonderful scene.

Maybe after each ep we can post caps and say what we like or what we don't like about her wardrobe.

Here's a couple from the Pilot.

First off, the famous Pancho. It needs to have a name, like Panchorita.

and then, what about the ending outfit?

icon by jess
Old 10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked her ending outfit..it was a little werid but matched her well haha..her character I mean. The B...sorry but it reminds me of a cats necklace...I could see that on like as a necklace on a poodle or a fancy cat lol.

I think they overdid it with the poncho and all...haha no one would really wear that to a fashion office.

Let's go YANKEES!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's an article about the "B" Necklace.

Quote:

October 03, 2006 01:12 PM Eastern Time
Ugly Betty Necklace Far from Ugly and Now Available Online

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The buzz in Hollywood is about ABC’s Ugly Betty, featuring one of the most recognizable necklaces in history, worn originally by a Queen and now gracing the neck of a girl from Queens.

Struggling to be stylish while maintaining her individuality has Ugly Betty star America Ferrera in a pinch, but it sure doesn’t hurt to have stylist extraordinaire Patricia Fields (Devil Wears Prada, Sex in the City) dressing her for the show’s pilot. It also doesn’t hurt when Fields has globetrotting jewelry hunter Vicki Lynn, who sold her jewelry for Sex and the City, scouring the planet for jewelry like Betty’s “B” necklace by artist Jen Parrish. Recognized as one of the top international TV event producers, Vicki Lynn (Satellite Events) also finds antique and contemporary jewelry from around the world, which she has sold exclusively to film and TV costume designers --- until now. Due to overwhelming interest, Vicki Lynn is now selling select pieces on her website (www.etsshopping.com), including the Ugly Betty “B” necklace.

Enlightenment Through Shopping (ETS) expresses Vicki’s insatiable passion and spirit for the art of shopping, because she believes that beauty and style elevate the soul. The Ugly Betty necklace by Jen Parrish will be the first piece from her vast collection that will be available to anyone beyond the costume designers she regularly works with. The art of adornment is ancient, and women throughout history know the feeling of joy that comes with wearing beautiful jewelry. ETS now shares these exciting jewelry finds with the rest of the world.

Vicki provides jewelry to many US TV shows including this season’s Smith, 6 Degrees, Desperate Housewives, Nip Tuck, Las Vegas, and The Sopranos, and in the UK, Footballer’s Wives, The Catherine Tate Show and Little Britain. Vicki’s recent film commissions from Becoming Jane (Ann Hathaway) and the next Harry Potter installment, bring Jen’s unique designs to the big screen.

Jen Parrish of Parrish Relics Jewelry is a Boston based artist who specializes in Byzantine, Gothic, Medieval inspired designs. Vicki and Jen believe jewelry can be an enlightening spiritual symbol of individuality. The “Ugly Betty” necklace is now available on Etsshopping- Enlightenment Through Shopping.
That's really cool. Who knew the "B" Necklace had so much history.

For those curious, it's $170.00

icon by jess
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This thread never took off. Maybe we can revive it.

New info on the fashion from SeenON! - Your Source For Products Seen On TV, Films - Celebrity Fashion, Gossip, and More

Quote:
Ugly Betty Wardrobe Sale??

Last week while I was in the wardrobe room at Ugly Betty I heard some shocking news. No…not about co-executive producer Salma Hayek’s pregnancy. Allegedly (and this hasn’t been officially confirmed) there will be a wardrobe sale at the end of the season open to cast and crew (and you bet I’ll be counting myself among a crewmember). What will I be clamoring for? Undoubtedly the gorgeous one-of-a-kind Eduardo Castro designs worn during the fashion week episode. My obsessions? The gown worn by Alexis Meade and Wilhelmina’s darling white coat.
I wish I could be there for that.

And more about the costume designer.

Quote:
Ugly Betty Staples from Eduardo Castro

Every character I design on Ugly Betty has a staple look. For Betty, interestingly enough. The staple that we have for her is the sweater vest. She goes through many sweater vests. A very simple sweater vest is always in her line. I believe those are found at stores like Macy’s.

Wilhelmina’s staple would be a sheath dress. A Dolce and Gabbana sheath dress. Which we use when we’re in trouble we always go for a Dolce and Gabbana crepe sheath dress. They’re always available in white crepe, or ivory crepe or caramel. The simple sheath dress is really her staple.

Daniel’s staple would have to be the Dolce & Gabbana suit. It really fits him the best. You can’t go wrong any of the D&G suits for him. They’re cut very young, they’re cut very well. I pair them off with the Paul Smith shirts.

I’d love the staple for Amanda to be the Gwen Stefani L.A.M.B. line. Lately we’ve been finding a few pieces. They’re harder to find. But the producers and I really love her little wool dresses that we’ve been buying that are from Gwen Stefani. The other line/staple would be a Burberry coat or Burberry blouse.

Christina’s signature staple would probably be one of the crinkle underdresses that we get from a store called Koi in Pasadena. They’re a base on which we can build a lot. They’re simple crinkle flowy dresses that we just throw things on top of. And her other staple would be her vintage jewelry.

Hilda’s would be a sexy top from Marciano. Because you can always go into Marciano and find an electric blue knit blouse or a hot pink blouse that will always be sexy and work. So Marciano for her works really well. In a pinch for her if you have to do a scene you can always go to Marciano and find something.
And one on Betty.

Quote:
How We Dress Betty

In terms of style, I think Betty’s gotten a little more interesting. She the hardest of all of them to do because she has to relate so many things to the audience. She has to be smart but she also has to be naïve. I don’t want to use the word unattractive. Awkward, perhaps. As opposed to unattractive. So there is an awkward quality. She is endearing. The most charming thing about Betty is that in her eyes, everything is beautiful.

So the whole key to Betty is that she has a different eye than say your “ fashionista." She has a more innocent eye. She likes the little dresses. She does not dress according to fashion but she does not want to be unattractive either. So, she’s a hard character to do. But what we’ve tried to do is set her up with lots of bold colors that are not on the other characters. A lot of bold colors, a lot of graphic prints. Things that are out of fashion. In terms of silhouette, and in terms of texture and color. But that are interesting to her that make a certain statement. She wears a lot of polka dots and a lot of color. Most of the New York fashionistas are in browns, cocoa, white, very sleek and sophisticated silhouettes. She’s a little more everywoman - worldly in a different way. She’s the common denominator. She’s very innocent that way.

icon by jess
Old 03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

The 'B' necklace is kinda ugly i doubt i'd ever wear something like that
Old 03-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, me either.

icon by jess