Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Episode 4x13 - "Chica and the Man" Discussion Thread

Chica and the Man
Wednesday February, 3 2010

Wilhelmina is furious when she discovers she has a drag queen impersonator - Wilhediva Hater. Betty receives an award for her blog, which causes tension between her and Daniel. Amanda rehires Helen (Kristen Johnston) and Marc is pleased with himself when a famous director does a photo shoot with him.

Promo

Promo Pics

More promo pictures can be found at TVovermind

It's funny how the promo is all about Betty and the promo pics feature Wilhelmina and her funny (yet vaguely creepy) impersonator.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT & the pics & the promo
Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see the drag queen, the picture alone looks hilarious
Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

The drag queen scene(s) and Wili's reaction are definitely what's got my attention. Just an hour until it shows for me.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am digging the Daniel/Betty fight. No other version could go there.

Diego/Victoria are sort of stand ins for Pedro Almodovar and Penelope Cruz. The dvd covers were definitely referencing them.

I am happy to see Kristen Johnson again.

Also I want a gif of Marc holding the "Snap" sign. As the show is ending I want it to be part of it's cultish afterlife.

Last edited by portiaslegacy; 02-03-2010 at 08:40 PM
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was necessary now that it's been announced this is it's final season. And Daniel/Betty's fight was a good payoff for devoted fans. I like how he manned up and admitted she was surpassing him and that made him jealous. I loved the throwback to poncho!Betty as well. She has come such a long way. The Blobby stuff was okay. Found it humorous the L stood for Lesbian, not Latino. And I have to say, Vanessa Williams was sensational, performing. I was wondering how/when they would incorporate singing. I remember when there was a rumor about a musical episode (which never happened ) and... Kristen Johnson came back, and Amanda is Daniel's assistant! Progress. Fun episode, but like I said, very necessary.

But I must say, this episode to me, also proved how I don't feel it would be right for Daniel/Betty to end on a romantic note. So I'm just throwing this out there, I really don't support that as a form of closure. I really want Henry back, honestly. I miss him terribly. Only guy with Betty that worked.

Loved the nod that Ignacio hooked up with a drag queen and was developing feelings for Wilhelmina's too. Hilarious. Loved Justin's "never follow a drag queen" line, too.

Daniel shaved. And let me tell you, he looked FINE!!!! Keep it up, Eric! Keep it up.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Own worst Enemy I agree about Daniel and Betty not being romantic. Amanda mentioning that she and Daniel are still "Fun Buddies" since the Bahamas

BTW as Fey Summers was so obviously physically based on Anna Wintour was anyone else a little distracted/confused by the Anna Wintour impersonator?

Last edited by portiaslegacy; 02-04-2010 at 08:49 AM Reason: Anna Winntour comment
Old 02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

This was a pretty great episode and there were some interesting surprises! First of all, Amanda and Daniel are still together?! I did NOT see THAT coming! You know, I never thought I'd enjoy these two being fun buddies but now that Daniel's all widowed and matured and Amanda is insightful enough to actually convince him to apologize to Betty for being "a douche", they're ab-so-lutely shippable. That Monday girl may just have a real chance with him. (Time to dig out that D/A thread)

As for Daniel's behavior with Betty, I can imagine how most of the D/B fans felt having an episode with lots of Daniel and Betty interaction (in fact, I *do* know because I read their thread. Hehehe... ) These two have fought and bickered before but not on such an equal plane. Betty with a backbone (and supporters that were willing to pelt Daniel with burritos! ) made the argument much more interesting. In the end, he apologized and they escaped an angry BLOBBY mob. Can't ask for a better D/B friendship moment.

Last but not least there's the drag queen storyline; fun stuff! Vanessa's brother did great and I'm surprised he got as much screen time as he did. I also didn't expect Wilhelmina to use a drag queen as a body double (who apparently looks convincing enough to get a compliment from Daniel? ) Wili sang and did something nice for Wilhelidiva Hater? Aww, that woman is really growing.

Kristen as Helen being the new receptionist was funny and I'm surprised (once again) that even though she got fired she'll likely be around because she's Amanda and Marc's new room mate! Poor Marc.