Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Episode 4x12 - "Blackout!" Discussion Thread

Blackout!
Wednesday January, 20 2010

Betty plans a karaoke party in her apartment building, however her building gets robbed. Marc loses something valuable. Meanwhile, Amanda tricks Daniel and Wilhelmina into attending a couples counseling session with Dr. Sparks. Ignacio has a difficult time making peace with Bobby; and New York City is plagued by a massive power outage.

Promo

Promo Pics

More promo pictures can be found at SpoilerTV.

Sneak Peeks

P.S: Wilhelmina and Daniel in an elevator?! (Aaand discuss.)
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Am I the only one nervous about this ? Granted it's the Willie/Daniel scene that I am hesitant about ....

icon:goutdevodka
Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

everyone please make sure you tune in tonight if you can and try to persuade some friends to watch!

Check out this vid.Just a preview clip at the moment .Warning: contains season 4 footage.

YouTube - UB~ S4~All the right moves preview SAVE UGLY BETTY!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumps101 (View Post)
Am I the only one nervous about this ? Granted it's the Willie/Daniel scene that I am hesitant about ....
No you're not the only one. I was freaking out in the previous episode thread. I'm still reeling from it but I've been repeating "promos always lie" for the past few days and until I see the context I'll be hoping for the best, Wili/Daniel-wise.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

There was nothing to worry about re: Daniel/Wili. It was pretty funny, though.

Felt sad for Hilda, but she's not having Bobby's baby! I wanted Ignacio to keep beating Bobby.

Marc/Betty are adorable together, and Marc finally got that promotion!

Good episode.

icon
Old 01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Liked the mix of this episode. Sad ending because of Hilda, but the blackout put the characters in some interesting positions. I am so happy for Marc though. I have a full recap of tonight's episode here if anyone missed it.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

it was an OKAY episode, I felt bad for Hilda though I DID see it coming from the very beginning, I feel bad for her though I have a feeling Bobby won't be there as much as he told her he would be
I liked how Betty helped Marc and how they sort of became friend's and is there for eachother
the Willi/Daniel stuff was kind of funny
and I"m glad that Marc got his promotion
Old 01-21-2010, 10:08 AM
New Fan

I actually really enjoyed this episode, this season has been so consistent for me as far as each othe characters is concerned.

I loved Wili/Daniel, it was so funny, and although the promo was misleading I loved the acknowledgement at the end when Daniel saw her upside down.

Betty and Marc were awesome tonight, I loved that Marc got his promotion, and I loved how Wili told him by having him get his own champagne and flowers.

The Hilda baby story was kind of the only storyline I didn't like this season, but I was surprised that I actually got teary eyed at the end for her, and I havent done that for a while when watching the show.

So happy that Justin got what he wanted as well. Can't believe we have to wait two weeks for a new episode.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

I do believe on fairies, I do, I do! And I believe in this show! There was humor, drama, beating up on Bobby, and Marc finally got a promotion.

I actually didn't expect the ending with Hilda and her poor baby. I was really expecting the whole pregnant Hilda storyline to run it's course to the end because those are usually a goldmine for dramedies and telenovelas. But I guess I can understand why they had to get back to the status quo.

I really like Daniel but he totally deserved that sucker punch after kissing the she-demon that is Wilhelmina. And it still kinda squicked me out to see it and the whole "presenting" with the butt in the air twice (once with Wili and once with Danny-boy at the end as she checked him out) but I guess it was kind of funny too.

The whole apartment getting angry at Betty about every mistake she made was kind of annoying but it served the purpose of some Marc & Betty bonding and the end scene with them in the apartment mocking TV outfits just made my night and the entire episode, in fact.

As a New Yorker, I find a whole city-wide blackout, including Manhattan and Queens, more than a little dubious but I let it slide for the sake of TV fiction. I also wonder what the hell kind of electronic lock they put on the door that doesn't have some manual bypass or something. Does no one own a hammer and buzz saw? (Maybe they were stolen too. ) Good thing Bobby is an expert lock picker and all. And while I still have my issues with him, I have even more issues with Hilda. She was a bit harsh on her dad, I mean he was only looking out for her. I swear, short of getting killed, I won't forgive Bobby if he leaves Hilda and Justin.

Amanda was hilarious, Wili and Daniel... umm, the less said about their storyline the better, and Justin got the dance class! Hooray! Can't wait to see him dance in future episodes! Maybe we'll get it in two weeks when UB comes back!

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 01-21-2010 at 07:19 PM
Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta (View Post)
No you're not the only one. I was freaking out in the previous episode thread. I'm still reeling from it but I've been repeating "promos always lie" for the past few days and until I see the context I'll be hoping for the best, Wili/Daniel-wise.
Looks like you were right. I actually enjoyed the majority of their story line, not the kiss though, I was like all creeped out by it But Amanda calling Willie a mum was hilarious ...

BTW - Love your Britta icon

And yay for Marc. Loved the Betty and Marc stuff and am just so thrilled that he too finally got his promotion. YESSSSSSS.

I really enjoyed the episode. I saw the baby's storyline coming but I am glad that Bobby got beat up in the process - can he go now ? And hooray for Justin - I hope this means he gets more to do.

icon:goutdevodka
Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumps101 (View Post)
Looks like you were right. I actually enjoyed the majority of their story line, not the kiss though, I was like all creeped out by it But Amanda calling Willie a mum was hilarious ...

BTW - Love your Britta icon
It was definitely a good episode in terms of mixing up the humor with the drama and I just hope there's no more weirdness between Wilhelmina and Daniel (though it was nice to hear her admit such sweet things about Marc to Daniel.)

And thanks! Britta needs some love since she's depicted as a cold feminist as well as a "GDB" according to certain hippie musicians and old men who are supposed to be her friend.

... Check out Community, UB posters! It's a fun, smart show!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Willi/Daniel - Yes please! That was the hottest and most hilarious part of the episode.

Hilda OMG...so sad that she lost the baby! Oh man. I have to say, week to week, I am falling more in love with Bobby, and I'm glad Ignacio got over his issue with him.

Marc/Betty - at the end...awww! So cute. I love how he's slowly becoming a friend to her, like Amanda.

Marc got promoted! Yay!

kenny | credit