Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Episode 4x08 - "The Bahamas Triangle" Discussion Thread

The Bahamas Triangle
Friday December, 4 2009

Betty, Matt and Amanda’s love triangle reaches a boiling point in the Bahamas. Betty has a nightmarish photo shoot after Wilhelmina learns her nemesis, Penelope Graybridge (Christie Brinkley), snagged a coveted job. Marc frets that there is no one on the island for him but then meets the uber-hot Troy (Matt Newton, Becki Newton's brother). Back home, Hilda draws closer to her old flame, Bobby.

Promo

Promo Pics

Obvious-by-now-thanks-to-the-promo spoiler alert: Connor isn't dead. And we're getting a ton of guest stars!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It'll be great to finally get to see Christie Brinkley in something other than Billy Joel music videos
Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Wow it sounds like a great episode I can't wait for it to come
Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Connor in the promo madre de dios

I can't thank you enough Hestia, it made my day
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

^ No problem. Looking forward to seeing Connor and his rockin' not-dead abs.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that pic of Daniel and Marc
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Uh, yeah... this episode started off FANTASTIC, and then... it turned. And I'm left with a dis-satisfied taste in my mouth. Although some of it I did infact enjoy. But, still... why are Matt/Betty back together? And why, oh why, is next week a pregnancy scare episode? Like, I have a feeling it's false, but still, I don't even want that to be an "issue" they deal with it. I want this extinguished...now!

Now Bobby/Hilda on the other hand, Bye Archie, I seriously will not miss you, at alll. Adios! Bobby Welcome! Love him. Hell, he's even a softie and helps Justin out. How could you not love this guy? He reminds me of Santos. So glad she slept with him, to solidify how over her and Archie are going to be.

Connor WOW! Daniel Craig moment, much? But yowza...hot! Sad it was short lived and Willy had to turn him in. She had such a good time with him. Hell, she was walking around topless.

Marc, oh Marc, I loved him with Daniel. Great dynamic. I wonder how he'll now work with him. I can't see Marc working with someone other than Willy, but I understand why. Oh man. That was the biggest shock for me for the episode.

Becki's brother Hot! Too bad we got like zilch screentime. Hope he makes more appearances. Tyler

And hilarious watching Marc add "gay" to every word.

Daniel/Amanda I am so glad the show at least got that right, if they weren't bold enough to go with Matt/Amanda, seriously at this point, Matt who? I was glad they re visited them, and I hope this is going to lead to something... Amanda is growing this season. And it made be fitting to have him pine for her, as she did for him originally.

Atlantis was a fun back drop. They really used the space, too. Well done. Got jealous as I was freezing cold watching it. Felt like Hilda, actually.

Justin's Shakira book. Cute.

Shakira was fun. I love how she was trying to be private and Betty blew her cover.

So overall, the episode had some good elements to it, but once Amanda let Matt leave, I probably couldn't stop myself from the amount of Seriously?! Lame!

Next week - I feel like the "Bee Shure" pregnancy test is a dud, cause... come on. Unless, Hilda is and Betty isn't, and that would be juicy, and make me happy.

kenny | credit
Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Oh snap!!! One of those hookups at the end I did NOT see coming... and I disliked at least two of them. Man that Bahamas air sure knows how to stimulate the juices.

When I saw Daniel & Amanda in bed I wondered what the girls on this board would think because that sure blew my mind. And then we got Matt & Betty. Oh ick. Besides them I wasn't keen on Hilda cheating on her boyfriend with Bobby from CSI Miami.

And here I thought the Shakira thing was gonna be the biggest thing in this episode. Well, anyway, this was a sizzling episode with huge shocks and hopefully there are no "bun-in-the-oven" type surprises next week as the promo suggests.

(Connor and Wili reunited only to be parted again? Bummer. I'll miss his hot, hot abs. )
Old 12-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

I HATE Hilda now. New Guy's such a loser for hedging in on her relationship, and she's just as stupid for cheating on Archie. I don't find New Guy attractive and I wished he'd go. If she is pregnant, I hope it's Archie. She's an idiot.

The Daniel/Amanda hook-up was weird. I wanted Daniel to grow and here he is hopping into the sack with a random girl and then Amanda. Same thing with Amanda. I wanted her to have genuine feelings for Matt and not hop into bed with the first person who was available.

I LOVED Wili/Connor, though. They made this episode for me. Everything from Wili eating a cheeseburger to Connor coming out of the ocean to Connor telling Wili to turn him in. They're an awesome couple.

I saw Matt/Betty coming so I didn't totally hate it. But Matt/Amanda is sooo much better. Their first date was adorable. I really hope Betty isn't pregnant.

Shakira rocks. She was so cute in all of her scenes.

I've visited Atlantis in the Bahamas. Gorgeous hotel. It's fun to walk around in it. The Amanda/Betty slide showdown was one of my favorite parts.

icon
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was really surprised by the Daniel and Amanda hook-up in this episode. Everyone seemed to be hooking up though. Even Marc got some love! I loved Shakira as well. She is just adorable. I have a full recap of this week's episode if anyone needs it here.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fun episode!

Loved the Marc/Daniel stuff. Am a little sad that Marc won't be working for Wilhelmina anymore, but I understand why he would rather work for Daniel at this point.

It's great that Wilhelmina got to see Connor one more time, but I'm glad the police found him. Loved seeing her eating a cheeseburger and her going around topless

Love that Hilda hooked up with Justin's teacher. Hope she'll get rid of the politician guy now

Matt's not really my favorite guy for Betty, but I guess it could be fine for now (at least she's not with yet another new guy).

The Daniel/Amanda hook-up was interesting and I'm kinda hoping to see more of them in upcoming episodes.

Oh, and I LOVED Amanda and Betty racing down the waterslide

My one big disappointment of the episode was that Christie Brinkley's part was so small, but whatever.

Next week's episode looks interesting. Would be hilarious if both Betty and Hilda are pregnant, but I don't think they are.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

MAN I'm TOTALLY NOT liking this whole Ugly Betty being on FRIDAY'S thing I missed it again because I was babysitting and we were watching the Disney channel ANY WAY I Intend to watch it online and thanks everyone for the play by plays of what happened, it sounds like it was a doozy of an ep.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Don't worry. In January it'll be on Wednesday nights, so next week's episode is gonna be the last one on Friday
Old 12-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

love wili and conner but pretty much hated all the other hookups.

matt and betty? i do not like them together now, matt/amanda was sooo much better i think.

daniel and amanda-not a fan either, just another repeat of what happened before.

hilda and bobby-no! archie's a good guy i like him! why does hilda always fall for these bad boys!

Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)-Jackie/Hyde(That 70's Show)-Harry/Hermione(Harry Potter)-Zutara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)-Henry/Anne (The Tudors)-Spike/Faye (Cowboy Bebop)( And all the more to come.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

I've been to Atlantis, too. But they seem to have made some upgrades since I've been there.

kenny | credit