Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Episode 4x06 - "Backseat Betty" Discussion Thread

Backseat Betty
Friday November, 13 2009

Hilda has doubts over her relationship with Archie after seeing an old flame Bobby Talercio (Adam Rodriguez). Marc helps Justin to fit in high school by telling him to become friends with some mean girls. Elsewhere Daniel is lured into a trap by Bennett. Wilhemina tries to come up with money to help Nico out of trouble.

Promo

Promo Pics

According to the promo pics this is all about Rodriguez and the Suarez sisters. Also, CSI Miami fans, enjoy the shirtless pic because I certainly didn't put it up for my benefit.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Hestia

I would rather have a shirtless Horatio just kidding
Actually, all my favorites men are on CSI: NY

Hahaha Betty's tatoo can't wait for Friday the 13th
Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

wow this looks interesting I can't wait to see it
Old 11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

For some reason I am just not crazy about this one. It seems like this episode might just be a filler.

I really hope I am wrong.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
I would rather have a shirtless Horatio just kidding
Actually, all my favorites men are on CSI: NY
OMG, I would pay to see a shirtless Horatio on CSI Miami *only* to see what kind of reaction we'd get from the internet! The freakouts and parodies would be amazing! (And it would satisfy a curiosity about whether he'd be whiter than those vampires that seem to dominate pop culture.)

The guys on CSI NY do look very handsome. Especially that detective Flack. (Why didn't they bring him over to UB? I wouldn't mind seeing him shirtless!)

BTW, I didn't even realize until you mentioned but today's Friday the thirteenth? Hope this doesn't mean bad luck for the episode.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Hestia I totally wouldn't have minded if they brought "Flack" to UB him or "Danny Messer" Even but I am excited for this episode tonight I"d like to see how it turns out
Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Alright, I had some beef with tonight's episode.

I hope I don't upset anybody, but what's wrong with Hilda? I'm sorry, but at her age, she should be settling down and not getting all swoony over bad boys. Justin's in high school now and she's got a business to run, and Archie's been wonderful to her and Justin. I'm going to be so ticked if she throws it all away for some bad dude that just swoops through town. I'd hate for Archie to be cheated on.

Sorry. Everything else was alright. It wasn't the best episode ever, but...oh yeah, I'm mad that Connor's dead too. This was the only guy I could see being with Wili. Once Nico is exposed, that'll be double the heartbreak. Why can't Wili be happy? I know she's done some horrible things, but it's sad that everyone is against her or gone, except for Mark.

Justin's speech...AWESOME. I was surprised by that last scene. That aerial shot in the middle of the Homecoming hug was wonderful. They need to do more Justin storylines.

The Betty and Daniel storylines were kinda meh. I hope Daniel gets out of the cult. Amanda provided some memorable moments. Chesticles. More Amanda please!

I liked Natalie at first, but the past two eps, I've wanted to punch her.

icon
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Alright, I had some beef with tonight's episode.

I hope I don't upset anybody, but what's wrong with Hilda? I'm sorry, but at her age, she should be settling down and not getting all swoony over bad boys. Justin's in high school now and she's got a business to run, and Archie's been wonderful to her and Justin. I'm going to be so ticked if she throws it all away for some bad dude that just swoops through town. I'd hate for Archie to be cheated on.

Sorry. Everything else was alright. It wasn't the best episode ever, but...oh yeah, I'm mad that Connor's dead too. This was the only guy I could see being with Wili. Once Nico is exposed, that'll be double the heartbreak. Why can't Wili be happy? I know she's done some horrible things, but it's sad that everyone is against her or gone, except for Mark.

Justin's speech...AWESOME. I was surprised by that last scene. That aerial shot in the middle of the Homecoming hug was wonderful. They need to do more Justin storylines.

The Betty and Daniel storylines were kinda meh. I hope Daniel gets out of the cult. Amanda provided some memorable moments. Chesticles. More Amanda please!

I liked Natalie at first, but the past two eps, I've wanted to punch her.
I haven't seen the episode yet but i don't think Conner is dead.Did they show him dying?Grant Bowler signed on for multiple episodes this season.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wait, are we on break now? Because I really want the next episode, but if the show moves to Wednesday and re-runs the first part of the season or what ever I would be okay with that.

I did not love it as much as other episodes this season, but it worked better as a stand alone than the earlier parts of the season. Feeling bad for Wilhemina now. Last season I would not think that possible. Damn Nico is cold. But I am more into this story than I was since Connor ran off. But I will always love Willie/Claire catty moments.

The main plot as a little family drama was wonderful I loved the repeated joke of Ignacio insisting he was trying to protect Hilda and her insisting he was ashamed of her. Justin taking Marc's advice at the homecoming was also great as was Betty indulging in her crush.

So will we see Justin crush on girls, not ready to admit he likes guys (because there aren't any guys around that he likes, which seriously can be confusing) have more gender identity issues, what? I like.

I am wondering where the Daniel in the Phoenix group story will go. Really intrigued. And liked that Amanda had such a low bull**** tolerance.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

They reported that they found Connor's body in Panama, and Claire tells Wili when she comes into the office. I guess Connor can fake his own death but...I don't know.

icon
Old 11-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
They reported that they found Connor's body in Panama, and Claire tells Wili when she comes into the office. I guess Connor can fake his own death but...I don't know.

Yeah then i'm thinking that he has faked his own death because Grant Bowler was in Bahamas with the rest of the cast .He may have just been there for the Season 4launch party or he was still filming.I'm thinking it was the latter because like i mentioned before he was meant to have signed on for mulitiple episodes this season.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, that's great then! Thanks! I still think Wili/Connor have a lot of potential.

icon
Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you Mayberry I am not liking the Daniel Cult storyline and the whole thing with Natalie is only going to turn out badly I wish Daniel would just open his eyes and see the Cult for what it really is but thats just my opinion
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedanielmeade (View Post)
Yeah then i'm thinking that he has faked his own death because Grant Bowler was in Bahamas with the rest of the cast .He may have just been there for the Season 4launch party or he was still filming.I'm thinking it was the latter because like i mentioned before he was meant to have signed on for mulitiple episodes this season.
That's kinda spoilerific and even though I tend to avoid them, I gotta say I'm rather relieved. That whole Connor bombshell came out of no where and even though Wilhelmina is the meaner Hitler whose wig hair came from orphans and may have slept with Madonna or JFK (heh), she doesn't deserve to lose her job and the man she loves.

I gotta say though, the person I thought would be most likely to die was Daniel due to freaky cult poisoned tea (how else would he feel close to Molly?) I can't believe they didn't show what happened after that level 5 ceremony and we won't be getting a new episode next week! Argh. I hope Daniel doesn't keel over - at least not in those tacky wooden beads. Oh, speaking of! Amanda was super hilarious! She was the only thing that made the cult plot line enjoyable:
"So far I am loving everything. Except for these beads, I don't love the way they frame my chesticles."
"Wait, what's level 5? Is that where you touch each other's junk and call it a massage? I wanna do it."

Runner up on the death thing would've been Justin. Metaphorically. Of embarrassment. BTW, I was expecting something way worse than crowning him homecoming queen. Like Carrie at the prom worse. But he handled it so well with the humor and the heartwarming thanks to his mom, that even his subsequent gay denial couldn't shake my admiration and respect. Also Marc helping Justin was sweet. Would've loved to see him in a cheerleader uniform showing those girls how to really work those moves!

Last but not least, we come to Adam "CSI Miami's Delko" Rodriguez. Okay, he earned a bit of my respect with his speech about Betty not being confined to a box (and him beating up that jaywalker). But if he gets between Hilda and Archibald (I don't are what anyone else says, that's a neat name) he's back to square one: wariness intermingled with occasional eye-rolling and dislike.

*sigh* No new episode next week...
Old 11-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Archibald is an adorable name.

icon