Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Episode 3x21 - "The Born Identity" Discussion Thread

The Born Identity
Thursday 7th May, 2009

Just as it looks like billionaire Calvin Hartley (guest star David Rasche) is going to give Mode the bailout it needs so the magazine won’t go under, baby William is kidnapped - and Betty is dragged into the ensuing drama. Meanwhile Archie (guest star Ralph Macchio) asks Hilda to be part of his latest political campaign.

Promo

Promo Pictures

More pictures are available here.

Hope you don't mind I edited the OP for you, Sadia!

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 05-20-2009 at 10:54 AM Reason: Got an OP up
Old 05-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT Sadia.Christina leaving was sad and you could tell the emotion in the last scene between Betty and Christina was real and actually how America and Ashley were feeling about filming their last scene together.

I actually thought Amanda was the shining light of last night's episode,her lines about marrying Matt's father and becoming Betty's mother were hilarious.The walking in the corridors in their masses was funny too.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

I kind of saw it coming, I knew that
Spoiler:
so all of that was not that shocking to me but seeing Betty and Ashley's last scene together was really heart breaking.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Sadia, and that's totally understandable.

I really liked the episode, but it was a little heavy for me. The biggest thing was that I didn't realize this was going to be Ashley's last episode. I thought we had until the finale. Anyway, I'm going to miss Christina. She was important in the beginning, but they really started using her less and less and I can understand why Ashley left. Back to the episode, though...

I really am glad William turned out to be Christina's. I actually started to get mad at Willie, though, and that doesn't happen often. I just thought it was so completely selfish to fake results like that just so you can have a stake at Mode. It's ridiculous, but I love how she made the most of it at the end. Willie always does.

I LOVED everything Hilda. She was hilarious as she usually is. I loved how she was trying to hide Betty/Christina/William from Archie. (Too funny how Justin was referring to the kidnapping as his OJ. ) I'm really liking those two together and he fits in with the Suarez family. Oh, and I really loved that first scene where the whole family got excited and tried to figure out Archie and Hilda's news. Hilda saying she isn't pregnant and Ignacio looking at her stomach and the "you're not?" with skepticism was brilliant. I need to watch that again.

There wasn't enough Mandy for me...just like there hasn't really been since she and Betty stopped being roommates.

I really liked seeing Betty at the bar with Stuart and Christina, especially since I didn't like/trust Stuart at all before. And I'm glad Christina has Stuart and the baby. It was a nice way to send her off, I guess. I'm still a little bitter that she's gone, though. I hate getting attached to these characters and then them just leaving.

Quote:
seeing Betty and Ashley's last scene together was really heart breaking
I know! I started to cry. What a great, sad scene. I love everything Christina said to Betty. I hope they manage to bring Christina back for any important Betty episodes, because they have such a great friendship and it wouldn't be right otherwise.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Christina is gone Aww man, that last scene - when they were leaving - I think they were acting less, and more genuine about the goodbye. I really liked Christina, and sad to see her go. Glad the storyline wrapped itself up, though. The whole thing with the cop, and pretending to be a couple Cute.

Oh, love how evil!Wily lives to see another day at Mode. Poor Claire/David, didn't see that one comin' And I love that Wily was honest.

kenny | credit
Old 05-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Absolute Fan

just watched the episode! my gosh that last scene made me tear up! i cant believe christina is gone!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

I just watched the episode, and I have to say, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Shout-out to my city at the end, hellz yeah! That made me so stupidly happy

But apart from that, the ending was really sad, poor Betty! I'll have to post more later but I enjoyed the episode, though as Steph said, it was quite heavy-handed this time round. I love that the truth about William came out though, I'd been hoping for that all along and it's nice for Christina and Stuart (who isn't dying anymore, yay!) to get a happy ending.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Props for everyone here who knew Christina was William's real mother but it still sucks that she had to leave Betty and all of us!

I'm gonna have to agree with pretty much everything Steph said including the Hilda/Archie family meeting part (a nice light plot to counteract the leaving of our beloved Closet seamstress!) and of course I agree with everyone about missing Christina and wishing she would've at least been kept until this season's finale. Oh writers, you always manage to make me like you for some things but then dislike you for others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
I just watched the episode, and I have to say, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Shout-out to my city at the end, hellz yeah! That made me so stupidly happy
What was the city she mentioned again? I totally forgot! But it's not stupid to be proud of your city or country. I always harp about NYC so I encourage everyone else to be... I wanna say patriotic but without the politics that goes with it.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

A double post?? Ah crud muffins. Umm, don't look over here! Look... over there!

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 05-11-2009 at 10:20 PM
Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta (View Post)
What was the city she mentioned again? I totally forgot! But it's not stupid to be proud of your city or country. I always harp about NYC so I encourage everyone else to be... I wanna say patriotic but without the politics that goes with it.
Crap, I totally forgot to post about this earlier, but the city she mentioned was Edinburgh! Capital of Scotland and yeah, my home