Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Episode 3x06 - "Ugly Berry" Discussion Thread

Ugly Berry
Thursday, October 30, 2008

Betty has a competition with Kimmie. Ignacio decides to vote for the first time ever. Hilda takes advantage of the election traffic to be able to promote her shop. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina tries to hire a new financial officer whom Daniel hates.

Promo Pictures

\

More Promo Pictures can be found at Fanpop.

Promo

Sneak Peeks

I don't really get the title but I checked with three different sites and that's what it said. Meanwhile, Betty vs. Kimmie. Yeah. I've never been interested in catfights... and this one's no different. Maybe all you lovely posters will get me more pumped for the face-off!

Last edited by Wynter; 10-30-2008 at 05:08 PM
Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

I'm curious about the title too. Thanks for the thread! I hadn't seen the promo until now, I'm not a fan of catfights but it could still be a fun episode. Betty taking Kimmie down a notch will be nice I think.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm excited to see Betty finally (hopefully) stand up for herself against Kimmie.

Laura|
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Did you guys see the insane amount of sneak peeks for this episode? I think ABC were trying to make up for the fact they didn't include any for the past couple of weeks I'm more excited about watching it now!

I added them to the OP, incase anyone wants to watch them!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is this Kimmie's last episode? I hope so. I am tired of always seeing Betty get dumped on.

And how are we supposed to like Jesse/Betty when we barely see him?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

With the exception of Kimmy, this was a fantastic episode! And Betty got a chance to finally shine! And she got business cards.

Cliff is back!

Next week - Amanda/Betty as roommates!

kenny | credit
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope Amanda does not hook up with Jesse. That would suck for Betty.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

I loved the episode. It was annoying me so much in the beginning with stupid Kimmie, but it got us Marc/Mandy/Betty, so I'm good. I'm so freaking happy that we saw Jesse (Super B! ), CLIFF (way too freaking long ), and Suzuki who's always awesome.

I'll post more later.

Quote:
I hope Amanda does not hook up with Jesse. That would suck for Betty.
I know. =/ The promo made it look that way! I want Mandy to get a love interest, but not Jesse.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Good episode.

I really liked how Betty teamed up with Marc and Amanda so they can get rid of Kimmie. Kimmie had to go! She was an evil back stabbing little bitch.

So what exactly is Daniel and Connor planning? Wili better watch her back.

As for next week, Betty better not caught Amanda with Jesse because that would really suck.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She was an evil back stabbing little bitch.
Pretty much. I was getting so mad that I just needed her part to end. I wish she was gone sooner in the episode, but the conclusion was pretty satisfying for me. I'm also glad that Betty admitted what she did to Kimmie. At least she has nothing to feel guilty about now.

I loved the twist at the end with Daniel/Connor. I most definitely was not expecting that. I thought Daniel's compromising had to do with their new team approach to things since their date, but this was great. I hope it doesn't explode in Daniel's face, because Willie's a force.

I adore Amanda, but she needs her own storyline. I hate how we barely see her in some episodes. I love that she and Betty are going to be roomies for a little bit. I don't like the Jesse idea at all, but that's because I like the idea of him with Betty and I'm still missing Nick.

I LOVED seeing Cliff again!!!! I've missed that guy so much. I love that Marc was all upset when he found out another photographer was doing the shoot, too. Why can't the writers have Marc mention him more often?

This is random, but Ana and Vanessa were looking even more gorgeous than usual. I think it was the hair for Ana and maybe the makeup for Vanessa, but they looked amazing!

I love how excited SuperDad was to vote (he get cuter every episode ) and Justin was hilarious about the outfit Hilda made him wear. I loved all the Suarez family stuff we got like them going through the fruit (major props, Igs), watching Super B being interviewed, and just with the salon stuff. I wish Hilda wasn't so vocal about not voting to Ignacio, though, because she knew how much it meant to him. Anyway, I'm glad her salon was doing so well (), but she totally needs to close down so she can get her license. It sucks that she kicked that guy out mid-cut. I wonder if we'll see him again, because it felt like they were trying to make him a bit likable?

Oh, and Marc/Mandy plotting was hilarious. They're so crazy.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

I loved this ep I dont know most of you summed up how I feel,firstly YAY for Kimmie being gone,didnt like her, Didnt trust her and she got what she deserved
I'm proud of Betty for NOT taking the Highroad for a change (eventhough she did fess up to it but still) and anytime we see Betty ,Marc and Mandy being Friends is good in my book
I cant make a proper judgement on Jesse I dont mind him as stepping stone to well Betty and Daniel and I honestly dont know how I feel with Amanda and him *shrugs* I guess I need to see more of him to get more of an insight
Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

SurfTheChannel - Ugly Betty - Season 3 Episode 6

i am watching this ep right now and i'll let you know what i make of it afterwards.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Watched it on youtube. I'm so glad that Kimmie got fired, couldn't stand her
It was nice to see Jesse again and I'm so curious to know what happens in episode 7. Can't find the promo on youtube
Old 10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

this is my favourite episode this season, i just loved it to bits. favourite moments:

hilda- 'rhymes with bi-zitch!'

great to see marc, betty and amanda working together

aussie connor looks to be an interesting addition to the cast and is not bad looking either

btw, doesn't the tico berry look like a lychee? well, it did to me

great to see cliff- about time too.

marc and mandy going 'hey' to kimmie- only to get blanked by kimmie

betty-what do you mean 'go'?
mandy- we need to kill her
marc- get her fired!
mandy- whatever

nice to see adriana- never seen her before but she was great throughout

mandy- we set her up betty
marc- you knock her down

mandy- 'that skank needs to be stopped'

overall, this was a great eppie, i really enjoyed it
Old 10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Definitly better then the last episode. I really enjoyed this show for the first time this season.

Goodbye Kimmy! It was not nice knowin you.

I loved Mandy and Marc in this episode they are quite the team.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga