Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Episode 2x16 "Betty's Baby Bump" Discussion Thread

Betty's Baby Bump
Thursday, May 8, 2008

Betty switches gears with rival Charlie (guest star Jayma Mays) and tries to befriend her by throwing a baby shower,
a party that no one will ever forget. Meanwhile, Hilda confronts Justin's PE teacher (guest star Eddie Cibrian as Coach Diaz)
when she learns Justin is flunking gym; Daniel unravels after his break-up with Renee, and Christina finally learns who fathered
the baby she's carrying for Wilhelmina.

Promo Pictures

More Promo Pictures can be found here.

Promo

Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread, Steph! I almost forgot to put it up. I can't help but wonder why the recent promo pictures are all about Hilda, the one storyline that doesn't get mentioned in the promo. I guess it's because she and her new love interest are "babes".
Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

I was wondering that, too. Her new love interest is a "babe" though. I'm so excited for Hilda. She deserves it!

No problem about the thread.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Can't wait!

I love Eddie, so it's great to see him on the show.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to see Hilda getting a s/l.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread Steph. This episode looks eventful for sure!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that's great for Hilda cant wait to see what's going to happen

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Its gonna be interesting to see how this Hilda relationship spans out. I can only imagine what Justin is gonna say. I love that kid!

Hmm I wonder how Daniel is gonna unravel? Seems like there is alot going on in these next two episodes! Gonna be interesting!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

That's a good question about Daniel! Poor guy.

I'm so excited! Tomorrow!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Cant wait

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

They played New Kids on the Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA:
America made me cry tonight. Kudos for her scene at the end when the baby was born. Such a beautiful moment but you see it dawn on her what it really means. Plus how hard it is to see the man you love have his first child with someone else.

And again I just have to say how much I love Betty. She is just the sweetest most loving most compassionate person. It was nice to see her give Charlie a little piece of her mind at one point though.

I love, love, loved the Ignacio/Daniel walk/talk.

Tony/Hilda look so pretty together. I was a little underwhelmed so far though, but hopefully I will like them as we see more. It was nice to see Hilda happy and crushing a bit.

And the previews!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Enigma; 05-08-2008 at 06:09 PM
Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Betty is too.freaking.nice!! It is unreal. I totally agreed with Claire tonight. This relationship with Henry is going nowhere.

I felt so bad Betty in that last scene. I think Betty could tell that her relationship with Henry has been over for awhile now.

I like Hilda/Tony. I thought they had good chemistry. Hilda and Amanda are two of the funniest ones, imo.

OMG, THE PREVIEWS!! Gio/Betty.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Notes/Things I loved:

Hilda checking out the coach’s butt. Go on, girl. LOL.

Henry and Betty being cute.

How much B is fighting for her and Henry. I love that she’s not giving up on her relationship just yet.

Christina knows!!! It’s about time. I love how she’s handling it.

Poor Daniel. He just wants to feel wanted. It really made me think of the ongoing discussion in his thread about how D is just trying to fill a void. I knew you girls were spot on. Anyway, I hated that he slept with his therapist.

Amanda! She’s so funny for wanting to go to the shower, but not wanting to admit it.

Their humanity is Marc and Wilhelmina’s curse?

Stuart – I knew you couldn’t be trusted. What a traitor, but it wasn’t entirely unexpected.

“I’m just gonna go and bleed at home.”

Claire’s advice to Betty was so good. She’s obviously concerned and I love what she had to say.

The Betty/Hilda stuff was the best. “I know what you gave him.” They were cracking me up, especially when B told Hilda she needed to find out his name soon. Her “Oh, coach” was the best!

“You’re the most important thing in my life.” I thought that was really sweet. I also love that he’s been working hard to try to make their relationship last.

Charlie was so….annoying. I completely understand why she acted that way now, though. I guess I didn’t care to know, but I love that heart-to-heart she had with Betty. It really made me feel bad for her. I feel bad for everyone in that triangle.

Amanda was so funny at the baby shower. I love how much she eats, too.

The Daniel/Ignacio stuff was pretty great! I love that they got to interact and whoo-hoo for so much Ignacio! I’m so happy just because of that. It’s a good episode when we get a lot of the Suarez family. Anyway, his advice was good.

I felt bad for Betty in this episode, though. She’s being pulled in every direction. She doesn’t have any time for herself.

Christina, I you. I’m so proud of everything you did in this episode. I absolutely loved her speech to Wilhelmina…it was selfless and beautiful.

Hilda and Tony were so cute. I love the second look.

Daniel loves his job! I’m glad he found his passion.

Charlie had the baby in the Suarez house. I’m glad Charlie finally wanted B there and that Betty was the one to go. The end scene made me cry. I hate this.

The scenes for next week look crazy! Betty and Henry split and Gio and Betty kiss?
Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Addicted Fan

^EEK I KNOW!!! I think I squealed when I saw the promo!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow so once again a really good episode

First off...

Henry/Betty/CharlieWhat an incredibly sad situation. I spent most of the episode hating Charlie, but by the end of the day I could almost see her point of view. Henry and Betty so deserve happiness together, and I can't help but root for them. I loved that scene, on the couch so optomistic for the future. But at the same time, Henry has a baby now... and he deserves to give that baby 100% and Betty deserves someone who is going to give her 100%. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I complelty agree Mel, the last scene was so powerful. Betty trying to be Betty but at the same time wishing that was her and Henry's baby. What a difficult situation.

SO happy that Hilda is getting a love interest. And he's cute too! interested to see how that plays out.

Amanda is amazing, I am so missing her scenes with Mark, but her scenes with Charlie made me laugh tonight.

I love Igancio and Claire and how they are parental figures for Daniel and Betty. Such amazing scenes.

I was ready to kill Daniel tonight when he slept with the therapist. I'm glad that Ignacio can be his therapist in a way I am dying for more scenes with them.

The shipper in me loved that moment when he was like "you mean the thing I'm looking for is right in front of me."

Ooh and Christina... I hope she gets the baby in the end. Something is funny about Stewart I think.

The previews are interesting to say the least. I think we are in for another great episode next week.