Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Episode 2x14 "Twenty-Four Candles" Discussion Thread

Twenty-Four Candles
Thursday, April 24, 2008

Betty's plans to spend a romantic 24th birthday with Henry are sidelined when his Baby Mama Charlie drops in unexpectedly. Will Gio be able to salvage Betty's big day? Meanwhile, Wilhelmina does her devious best to spoil blossoming relationship with Daniel by hinting there's some dark secrets in her sister's past, on the return of ABC's hit comedy series,

~~~

TV.com says: Betty plans to spend her 24th birthday accompanied by Henry, but Charlie's sudden appearance jeopardizes her plans. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina plots against Renee and Daniel's relationship by hinting at secrets from a hidden past in her sister's life.

Promo Pictures

More Promo Pictures can be found at Ugly-is-in.com.

Promo

Sneak Peak

Our first new episode back from the writers strike! Let’s get some discussion going!

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 04-29-2008 at 04:09 PM
Old 04-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Episode post, episode post, episode post! Gah, it's been too long!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Hooray! This episode looks awesome.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

I've been waiting for this!

Can't wait!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!! Even though I technically won't see the episode until Saturday maybe, just knowing that the show is back is making me so happy. It's been way too long and I'm just excited to see everyone! I'm most excited to see this Henry|Betty|Gio triangle play out. The promos have been killing me with anticipation. I think I'm most excited to see Gio (not that I'm choosing a ship ), but Gio's not-so-secret crush is endearing and he's just so lovable to me.

Thanks for the thread, Hestia

Caitlin - Hey! It's nice to see you around here again!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

That's great. I was just watching the season 2 and I was thinking that it would be good to see new epi. Only two days left

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

YAY for their being a new discussion thread!!! Oh, this has been a long time coming, it feels like we've waited a fracking age-and-a-half for this. BRING IT!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's about da*n time that April 24th gets here. 3 l...o...n...g months waiting for our favorite Assistant's return.

Hestia: Thanks for the NEW thread.

Wynter: I agree! We have been waiting a frakkin' aga-and-a-half for the day to arrive. BTW: Do you watch BSG also?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Lisa

It's Thursday!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait until tonight! Ahhh!

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

One more hour.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

It's killing me that the show is on and I can't watch it. Anyway, this will be my last post here until I get to see it. I hope everyone enjoys the episode. I'm very jealous right now, lol.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

The dream sequence was filmed beautifully. So colorful.

The blinged out cell phone.........cute.

Betty: I felt so bad for her birthday plans being ruined by Charlie......not once but twice. Sitting alone in the restaurant. Awwww. She's such a sweet and understanding and positive girl. Love her. And I loved that in the end Gio, her family, and Henry came through for her.

Henry/Betty: Sucks that Charlie unexpectedly showed up and ruined their plans. Betty was very understanding. What a sweetie. Hated that he broke plans with her twice. At least in the end he realized Charlie had been setting him up and he did make it over to the Suarez'. I'm over these two though. And I like to think in the end when she curled up next to him on the couch that her mind was on Gio.

Charlie: What a conniving you know what.

Gio: So hot! So sweet! Seriously in love with him.

Gio/Betty: He still has it bad for her. Bringing up the carriage ride.....definitely got to her. Bringing Betty the slice of pie with a candle. Sweet. And then giving Betty the carriage ride after finding out about Henry breaking his plans with her. Super sweet. And then telling her if she wants fireworks she's getting fireworks. He really wanted to make her happy and for her birthday not to be a total bust. His little speech to her after the carriage busted and her dress was ruined. The semi fireworks!

Daniel/Betty: Forgetting it was Betty's birthday. Aww. But, in the end I loved that he remembered or as Betty said, remembered that he's forget. Betty looked so happy which was nice to see. I wonder what he got her.

Hilda: I loved Hilda's visit to Charlie. Go big sis!

Betty/Claire: Sweet scene between the two of them in the bathroom. Gotta love Betty's pep talk. And Claire giving her the earrings. So sweet.

Amanda: Loved her shirt. She was cracking me up with all her cracks to Betty about her age and getting old.

Marc: I loved his I'm too pretty for prison line. Telling Daniel he wanted him when he got busted at his place.

Claire: Loved that she took Betty's advice and kept going with the project. Loved Alexis' reaction to the staff.

Betty/Dad: I loved that scene between them so much after she gets home and sees everything they did for her. Love this father/daughter relationship so much.

And OMG, the previews look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gio/Betty have my heart! He wanted everything to work out for her. And gaaah! His face when Betty rested her head on his shoulder.

The carriage ride and the speech after the coffee fell on her...... And the "fireworks" moment. I want them to happen so bad!

The previews:
OMG! Henry is so lame! He has the nerve to say that GIO should stay away from Betty when he is the one dumping her for Charlie every chance he gets?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Just finished watching it! Initial brief thoughts:

Opening scene with Henry in Betty's dreams? Be still my shippy heart! I gotta make some icons outta that - stat! It was soooo beautiful! But I fear she got her expectatons set too high.

Glad they explained SB's haircut. It would've bugged me if they acted like there was no change.

Amanda giving Betty advice on romantic eateries in Manhattan, while oddly coming on to her was... yeah. Especially the tongue thing at the end.

Awww, poor papa Suarez. Wanting to have the family together on birthdays. I bet those cupcakes he made are awesome, though. (plus they were so useful at the end)

Renee has a secret involving Stonybrook? And the way she threatened Wilhelmina about it? Plus Christina knows something's up. Mysterious!

Claire Meade and her big dreams of having her own magazine really mirror Betty's dreams so of course it was perfect that she comfort Mrs. Meade. It was sooo sweet how she gave Betty her earrings for her date with birthday Henry. Almost like a fairy godmother.

Also, can I just say I love Hilda for her overprotectiveness and the nails; yay Hilda! She's so willing to break a nail for her little sister!

Stupid bedazzled phone! Way to go, Justin. That's something I won't be getting for my birthday. But what I would like for my birthday is some chocolate martinis. Sounds delicious.

Renee vs. Wilhelmina - looks like Renee's got the upper hand. Daniel so busy trying to gain her forgiveness and not realizing it's Betty's birthday... well, somehow I wasn't surprised.

Who the hell puts melted cheese in a doggy bag? Actually, it looked more like a ziplock bag but either way, it'll be too hot to carry comfortably and if it wasn't, well cold goopy cheese is gross. Hey, look who's there on a horse-drawn carriage! He should've brought her that cake. Cake doesn't fare very well in a doggy bag either but cold cake is good.

Ex-prisoners working for Hot Flash magazine? There's a joke in there somewhere...

Oh dear God! Marc fondling Daniel's sheer underwear, "This smells like Wilhelmina", and then him smelling his briefs in an attempt to seduce him!? AWESOME!

Charlie's treachery is discovered too late as a home-made party is underway. And though the party that Betty's over-enthusiastic family is concocting seems kinda... um, lame, it had to be better than her current situation with the broken wheel on her carriage, missing the concert, and getting her dress dirty. And then I see sparks between SB and Betty. Literal ones, actually, but something else there. With the song playing and the construction guys welding, I gotta smile. I admit it was an oddly sweet moment. Very nice, SB. Has the haircut finally made me into a fan? Hmm... we'll see.

Oh, so Renee's secret is that she takes medication? And Wilhelmina is willing to use her emotionally so her secret doesn't get out? That definitely seemed too evil, even for her, so I'm glad Marc asked her about it. The revelation that Renee might be a murderer was pretty surprising.

I loved the father daughter bonding at the end. Of course it was her sweet dad who made it alright for her, that's one way to placate the different shippers who may have been hoping their guy would make Betty's birthday the best; not Henry (dreams are way better than reality sometimes. ), not Daniel (despite sending her a gift. What was in there, I wonder), and not even SB (though not for lack of trying. Misleading promos strike again...)

Speaking of misleadig promos; it's smackdown x2! Renee vs. Betty and Henry vs. SB! I know who I got my money on! Can't wait for next week.

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 04-24-2008 at 06:21 PM