Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Episode 2x12 "Odor in the Court" Discussion Thread

Odor in the Court
Thursday, January 17, 2008

Betty's new perfume is driving Henry wild and Betty crazy, literally, after she unwittingly begins using a deadly scent concocted by the late Fey Sommers and starts acting very strangely. Meanwhile, Meade matriarch Claire goes on the stand for Fey's murder, a vindictive Amanda withholds important information, and Wilhelmina takes steps to become a member of the Meade clan -- one way or the other.

Promo Pictures

More Promo pics can be found here at Ugly Is In.

Sneak peaks: ABC.com

Promo

Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

I'm so excited for this one! It looks like we'll be seeing quite a bit of Gio Thursday.

ETA:

Sneak Peaks 1 & 2

That first one is cracking me up!!! I can't wait.

Last edited by Trip & Run; 01-15-2008 at 05:57 AM
Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

GIO!!!! Can't wait to see him!!! I love Hilda's "Ooooo!" in the promo, and why is Daniel jumping forward out of his seat in the court room? Seriously can't wait to find out!

Betty acting all whacky is the funniest thing ever. "A-B-SEE YA!" Love it.

And oooooh! I guess talking to Christina is the steps that Frankenmina is taking to "become a part of the Meade clan". LOVED Marc's attempt at a Scottish accent, and the shortbread there But...it looks like maybe Christina can see through the plan? Maybe? Argh, I hope so!

So excited for this episode!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 AM
New Fan

Oh... "yay" Gio...

Anyway, I have to ask cause I'm not quite sure what's going on.
Will there only be this episode plus another and then will Betty disappear temporary unless the Writers Guild 2008 is over?

I hope I got this all wrong.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure exactly how many episodes are left..but once they aired,,its over until the strike is.

The episode looks great Cant wait to see it

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Looking forward to it! but not my statistics test on the same day.

Icon: Steph
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Can't wait for the new episode!!

Love Marc's Scottish accent.

Quote:
Anyway, I have to ask cause I'm not quite sure what's going on.
Will there only be this episode plus another and then will Betty disappear temporary unless the Writers Guild 2008 is over?
Yes, after these last episodes, it will be the end of the season because of the strike. The show will come back in the fall or maybe later depending on when the strike is over.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Freddy/Gio is looking hot!

"Officer if you knew me you'd think this was funny."

Christina's hand motions when she's trying to ask if Marc is the father/donor.

"My uterus is officially closed to devil's spawn."

Oh Marc, so not cool to spy on Betty and Christina.

It's Romano (ER)!

Amanda and the letters and Betty and the perfume

Betty on the perfume.

Betty hugging Gio.

Betty/Gio

"Is it really hot in here? Because I'm sweating."

The bat phone. Telling Amanda they could be best friends.

Betty jumping on Henry in the elevator. Wowza.

Ignacio, Hilda, and Justin's reaction to loopy Betty was hilarious.

Awwww, Betty was mean to Gio.

Amanda notices the way Gio looks at Betty.

Loved Hilda and Ignacio's reaction to Betty being at the doctor.

Awwww, loved the Betty/Amanda conversation.

Oh Amanda................and here I thought Betty had gotten to her.

Loved the Marc/Amanda stuff. Marc you are so right. The slap. The hug: These two own me. They get each other like no one else.

Amanda did the right thing. Loved the Betty/Amanda scene. (do we have a thread for these two?)

Claire's free.

Awwwwwwww, D/B hug.

Betty's note to Gio. The hug...........awkward. He so loves her.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ending killed.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I loved this one! I teared up at the end for sure. I didn't take notes for a few reasons. I had my notebook and pen, but I just never wanted to actually use it. There were some good one-liners, but I just wanted to see everything. The first 20 minutes were crazy, I loved it! The last 15 minutes were also great. The middle I found myself aggravated with Amanda (and some at Marc) so I was just waiting for the resolution we all saw coming.

I loved Betty! I always find her interesting, but I found her new fast pace spreading to me, hee. I loved her licking Christina and jumping Henry?! Hilarious! Poor guy couldn't keep up with his care package.

Can I just say that Betty is my hero(ine)? I'm not just talking about freeing Claire, but two hot guys (not including her hot nerdy boyfriend) are sending her longing looks!! That final scene killed me! I also loved the long hugs from the guys, too.

I loved the Suarez family stuff. Justin thinking Betty's sassy and liking it was cute. I loved them singing and Betty dancing around everyone! Them all rushing to the hospital to check on B was great, too. They each had their own hilarious entrance, bumping the person in front of them to get to her, hee. That's what family is all about, lol.

Wilhelmina was just as I expected. I'm not surprised by really anything she does anymore. It's ridiculous.

Christina is going to be the surrogate. I was surprised, but I'm glad Betty's there. I'm also glad that she doesn't know it's Bradford's. It's awful she'll probably be having that scary couple's child, but at least she's doing so with a clear conscience. The last scene with Betty entering was great. I love that B is going to be there for her and I loved that she was holding her hand. They have such a great friendship so I'm glad that Christina confided in Betty and that she's supporting her friend.

I'm actually really proud of Marc. I was beginning to get a little upset at him for going along with both Amanda and Wilhelmina. I'm so glad he had that heart-to-heart with Mandy, though. It totally made up for everything in my book and it was a sweet scene, too.

Amanda irritated me the most at first. She was being selfish and she refused to see the situation for how it is. I loved the talk, though. She knew it all along, but she just needed Marc's help to get there. I'm glad that in the end, M/A couldn't go through with it. I also loved Amanda giving the evidence to Betty and that smile she had walking away! I loved that scene so much.

I love Claire/Betty. They're total buds. It was sweet of Claire to give B her perfume even though she didn't know the repercussions.

I'm so glad Claire turned out to be innocent! She seems like a really nice person, so I'm glad she was reunited with her family. On that note...Yay!! CLAIRE'S FREE!!! They can toast apple cider or something, lol.

Alexis was acting normal again. I'm so confused. I don't know if she's going to be witchy or a sweetie, but surprises can be nice.

Daniel & Henry were both adorable as always, but I don't have much to say. They're two of favorites so that's a little strange. Anyway, I loved that Henry wanted to come home early after talking to Betty. That was sweet. And I loved Daniel's awe of B. He gave her so many loving looks I still have a warm fuzzy feeling, hee.

Gio was amazing!!!!!! I want to marry Freddy! He knows how to show that look of love. I'm so convinced. He even had that look while Betty was downing that sandwich. That's pretty amazing, lol. I love that he was so attentive to her and realized that something was wrong. I love that he took her to the hospital and that he didn't press charges. And I love that he didn't want to let go during their last hug... the hug that he initiated by the way. I loved everything Gio tonight. Seeing him at the beginning of the episode told me I was going to love it and I did.

I loved the episode. I'm glad to see the Meade family looking whole again and happy that Marc and Amanda did the right thing in the end. The Christina surrogacy part, along with the Henry Tuscon storyline, can worry me later on, but I'm on a Gio high right now.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love Hilda's "Ooooo!" in the promo,

Me too. Last week I kept rewinding my dvr to here her Ooooo, it made me giggle.

Tonights episode was fantastic. Loved every minute of it. Wacky Betty was just awesome. I loved her interaction with everyone. Only thing I was a bit sad about was I would of LOVED to have seen wacky betty with Daniel, to bad he was at the courthouse because I think those scenes would of rocked.

Freddy OWNS my heart. He makes me root for Gio and betty.

I must say Im so jealous of Betty. Three fantastic guys that adore her.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

I liked this episode so much more than last week's. I'll definitely be re-watching this one over the weekend. So many amazing moments.

Quote:
Alexis was acting normal again. I'm so confused. I don't know if she's going to be witchy or a sweetie, but surprises can be nice.
Yeah, that weird after how she had been acting recently. I wonder how Claire being back in the picture will affect things.

Quote:
Gio was amazing!!!!!! I want to marry Freddy! He knows how to show that look of love. I'm so convinced. He even had that look while Betty was downing that sandwich. That's pretty amazing, lol. I love that he was so attentive to her and realized that something was wrong. I love that he took her to the hospital and that he didn't press charges. And I love that he didn't want to let go during their last hug... the hug that he initiated by the way. I loved everything Gio tonight. Seeing him at the beginning of the episode told me I was going to love it and I did.
I want to marry him too!! And I agree with every single thing you said!!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

It seems like Eric owned last episode, but this one is all Freddy's.

Quote:
I must say Im so jealous of Betty. Three fantastic guys that adore her.
I know!! I'm so jealous, too.

Quote:
I liked this episode so much more than last week's. I'll definitely be re-watching this one over the weekend. So many amazing moments.
Hee, that's what I was just doing! It was even better the second time around, especially since I could rewind certain parts.

Quote:
Yeah, that weird after how she had been acting recently. I wonder how Claire being back in the picture will affect things.
Claire around does seem to bring out a softer side out of Alexis, so hopefully she stays like that. At least Claire will be around to see if she does, though.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

"This tomatoe tastes like sunshine. You've got sunshine in your mouth." I laughed at that for like a good five minutes. So.freaking.hilarious.

Betty rocked this episode. I loved it! Her crazy, uncharacteristic behavior was downright hysterical. I never laughed more.

Okay, now I love Betty with Henry, but Gio is awesome. I wouldn't be opposed to a Betty/Gio hookup at any point.

Marc/Amanda =
Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
"This tomatoe tastes like sunshine. You've got sunshine in your mouth."
I was re-watching the episode and I paused to finish laughing and then I went back to it again! Gio's expression through the whole thing was hilarious, too.

Quote:
Okay, now I love Betty with Henry, but Gio is awesome. I wouldn't be opposed to a Betty/Gio hookup at any point.
That's exactly where I stand, too.

Oh! I forgot to mention Judge Biotch. I loved Claire's "You've got to be kidding me."
Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

That episode was tripping balls yo!

Icon: Steph