Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Episode 2x09 "Giving Up the Ghost" Episode Discussion Thread

Giving Up the Ghost
Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Wilhelmina-induced crisis at Mode finds everyone scrambling to re-create an issue on deadline. Desperate times call for desperate measures, as Daniel and Betty try to break wild child cover girl (Eliza Dushku as Cameron Ashlock) out of rehab for a re-shoot, and Alexis tries to charm the printer (guest star David J. Steinberg) into extending their time. Meanwhile, Betty struggles with an unwelcome (and persistent) visitor who hopes to goad her into making good on a promise.

Promo Pictures

More Promo pics can be found here at Ugly Is In.

Sneak peaks: ABC.com
Courtesy of planters (Teri)

Promo

Last edited by Wynter; 09-23-2008 at 09:07 AM
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm a huge Eliza fan and I can't wait to see this episode! I've only seen a few eps of Ugly Betty (on ABC Family, I think), but I've really enjoyed what I've seen! I hope this week's episode will be just as good.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can't wait! Won't able to talk about this one as I'll be traveling for Thanksgiving, but it looks awesome!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

trucherrygirl - I can't wait to hear what you think! I think you'll enjoy the show, though.

MoondustWolf - I think there's a repeat next week so we'll have an extend time to discuss this episode. Yay!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Cool. I didn't know Eliza was guesting.

Last edited by Enigma; 11-19-2007 at 10:17 PM
Old 11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

I didn't realize either until I saw the promo pics. It's been awhile since I've seen her, but it's looking interesting.

I can't wait to see Betty and Daniel trying to "break" her out of rehab.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Faith!

I mean, Eliza. Cool. Didnt know she was going to be in the ep!

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

I mainly know her as Faith, too. (And as Missy on Bring It On )

I'm pretty excited to see Betty's persistent visitor. There are quite a bit promo pictures, but I think it's still going to be pretty interesting.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, I don't want to give anything away, but yeah, the promo pics basically confirm who the visitor is. Poor Daniel and Alexis having to save the magazine with their father dead and their mother shoved back in prison. Thank goodness for Betty! And for her family. Looks like we'll get some really sweet moments in here.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m not a regular viewer of Betty, but i have to say that i`m very excited about Eliza guest starring on Thursday`s episode. Judging from what i saw in the promo pics, it looks like her character is pretty out there. BTW if you want to discuss in more detail Eliza and her character Cameron, then be sure to visit the Cameron appeciation thread.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

MoondustWolf - I wish I didn't know! It's much better to be surprised as now I'll probably judge it by what I was expecting, you know?

It's really sad for Alexis and Daniel. I wonder how we'll see them at the beginning of the episode.

Hot Rod - I'll stop by after this.

Since you're not a regular viewer I can't wait to hear what you think of the episode.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Supreme Fan

I saw a few episodes of the show from a marathon they were running awhile back, but I've never really thought about viewing the show regularly. Who knows? This episode with Eliza looks nothing short of incredible and funny.

GuyanaBelle - Thanks for the warm welcome to your board! I feel like such an intruder. I'll definitely let you know what I think, provided I'll be able to watch it with all of the Thanksgiving festivities going and I don't have TiVo! I really have to figure out how to watch the eps from abc.com, lol.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

We're very welcoming here, so don't feel like you're intruding. And again, looking forward to your review. (By the way, good luck on finding a way to watch it! )

I was just looking at the promo pics and how good does Daniel and Betty working together again look? (Answer = So good!)

Wish we had a couple of pics with Henry, though. I like to keep tabs on him.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

The end still cracks me up And grr at Wilhelmina! I'm a bit worried, because it looks like Marc is going to be completely evil again, and there was no sign of Cliff

And seriously, the way Daniel says "you're back?" in that total joyful, loved up tone just makes me

Eliza Dushku, woo! Mainly know her from the Jossverse, but she's cool.

Grr Arg at me not being able to watch this episode until Saturday/Sunday
Old 11-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Marc is hilarious...lol
Icon: me