Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 2x07 "A Nice Day for a Posh Wedding" Episode Discussion Thread

A Nice Day for a Posh Wedding
Aired: Thursday, November 8

As Wilhelmina prepares for her flamboyant wedding, she quickly realizes that her maid of honor, Victoria Beckham, is stealing all her thunder. Meanwhile, Betty is filled with guilt about her pact with Wilhelmina to keep the latter's affair a secret and Ignacio prepares for his big day as he is about to become an official U.S. citizen. However, when Betty moves in with Henry the father/daughter relationship is strained.

To see a special video from tonight, go here.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 11-08-2007 at 06:51 PM
Old 11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Woah. Didnt expect Daniel to fire Betty!!

His father's heart attack, you could kind of suspect when Daniel and him were talking..so I wasnt like "OHMYGOSH!" But holy crap, they kept it on TV?

Cliff
Amanda

I think they couldve used POSH Spice a bit better though But it was still funny

I'll have some more thoughts later

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 11-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

I really liked this episode. Daniel firing Betty was totally unexpected. I saw the heart attack coming, but it was still a great scene.

Favorite part was Amanda singing in the church. I was on the floor laughing the whole time.

I agree about Posh. But I totally loved her last scene in the closet.
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ
Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Daniel firing Betty was out of pure disappointment. He really likes and trusts this girl, he must've felt sick hearing about her "betraying" him. I really hope they don't stay angry at each other for more than 1 episode, though. I wouldn't stand it, and neither could they.

They have become so close without noticing, I don't think they can go on without having each other in their lives. I really believe that. This isn't just a work relationship anymore. It hasn't been for a long time.

BTW, Daniel looked so hurt. Betty must've felt so horrible.

---

When Henry said to Betty, "you're staying with me" I about fainted. Ahhhh, I'm in love with Henry! He's so gorgeous and nice, and so totally adorable.

Betty should stop worrying about him leaving and start enjoying his company right NOW.

Posh was a hoot. I know she won't, but I'd LOVE to see her in more episodes. I love this girl.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Loyal Fan

totally suprised that betty got fired!!!! did not see that coming.
cliff looked real good in his suit too.
overall good episode, and it looks like next week is going to be just as good too.

Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)-Jackie/Hyde(That 70's Show)-Harry/Hermione(Harry Potter)-Zutara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)-Henry/Anne (The Tudors)-Spike/Faye (Cowboy Bebop)( And all the more to come.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

it was a great episode!!!!!! I loved Amanda singing in the church- hahaha
I thought she's a really good singer.. didn't expect that.

anyways, Daniel can't be mad at Betty for too long- he'll eventually understand that she did it for her father.

and Henry and Betty are so adorable. it makes me sad to even think about him living to another state.

last but not least! OMG Marc and Cliff is so cute!!!!!!!! never seen any gay couple on TV that was this much cute!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smunyang (View Post)
it was a great episode!!!!!! I loved Amanda singing in the church- hahaha
I thought she's a really good singer.. didn't expect that.

anyways, Daniel can't be mad at Betty for too long- he'll eventually understand that she did it for her father.

and Henry and Betty are so adorable. it makes me sad to even think about him living to another state.

last but not least! OMG Marc and Cliff is so cute!!!!!!!! never seen any gay couple on TV that was this much cute!
Dido on all fronts!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Oh my God, the church scene with Betty and Daniel broke my heart - he looked SO disappointed and betrayed, and most of all, hurt. I can't believe he fired her!!! I gasped, my mouth dropped and I stayed like that for like 10 minutes. I really hope she gets a chance to explain why she didn't tell him, and that he re-hires her. I those two.

Totally didn't see the heart attack coming, the whole ending scene was like I had kinda hoped to see Betty turn and go back to the church, but apparently not. I hope she's there at the hospital next week, Daniel's going to need her, no matter how mad he is.

On a lighter note, I did love Hilda in the opening scene, and Justin was great, but under-used. And OH MY GOD, I FLOVE Cliff! He and Marc make such a cute couple, I <3 them.

Amanda singing was

Posh was annoying. I'm not a fan of hers at all, and I think she was rubbish and completely OTT in the few scenes she was in. Glad her appearance was only a one-off.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

It was a great episode again! Loved all the Henry/Betty scenes! They're perfect for each other!

I'm kinda pissed at Daniel though. He fired Betty just because of that. I mean, Betty has sacrificed a lot for him, she has always been there for him and he treats her that way? It's so unfair to Betty.

And I love Posh stealing Wilhelmina's thunder. She's a natural!

Cliff and Marc were cute as well, but Amanda singing Milkshake in the church... PRICELESS.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG! I was cracking up at 2 am watching the ep. I thought I would wake everyone up when Amanda was singing.

Loved Marc/Cliff and Henry/Betty.

Oh and Santos and Betty hugging at Court just brought me to tears. They're family is awesome!

Daniel broke my heart only because he didn't give Betty a chance to even explain. I'm sure if he had given her the chance, they would have hugged and everything would have been fine.

At first I thought Bradford died. Per the preview, it seems he'll be around another ep.

Oh and regarding Christina, does anyone think her husband is lying??

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

^Yeah, I still smell something fishy on Christina's husband.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Daniel was in a very bad place - his dad basically said "screw you" by not taking him seriously re: Wilhelmina, and by going back to the wedding he showed Daniel that he doesn't really care about his opinion, or trust his son. On top of that, Daniel had just found out that his best friend, the ONE person he can trust, and who he can trust to be there for him, who he can count on the most out of everybody, had been lying to him for the past 4 months. So I completely understand why he fired her. I don't agree with it, and I wish he'd given her a chance to explain, but I get why he did it. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, fuelled by his hurt and anger.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED this episode. The best one so far. I don't ship Henry/Betty, but I don't mind them. They're cute. I love his morning-look. He's a little too nice, though, for my taste. I too loved Hilda in the beginning and the excuse that she was sleepwalking :-) So wrong of Daniel to fire her and he didnb't even listen to her.

Marc/Cliff.... so cute. Amanda owned this episode. I'm cracking up just thinking about it. She's my favorite in Ugly Betty. "You're falling for an average man!" The singing was extremely funny and I wonder how many takes they had to do because I don't think everyone could have a straight face. I love Wili's reaction when she started to sing. Like "What the....?"

Even though they use Hallelujah in almost every show that has a dramatic moment, I think it fitted. I love that song
Old 11-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Stacy:
Quote:
Oh and Santos and Betty hugging at Court just brought me to tears.
Ooops! I think you mean Ignacio. Still grieving for Santos?

Great episode! It was awesome from start to finish.

While I don't like Daniel firing Betty - we all know that it's not going to last. It was a shocker though. Poor Daniel - his father replaces him as Best Man, finds out about Willie and the bodyguard, then about Betty keeping silent and betraying him. It's a wonder he hasn't gone back to the pills/booze/sex. So, it goes to show the growth he has made so far.

Marc + Cliff = OTP They work so well together. I hope they keep Cliff on the show.

Amanda's rendition of Milkshake was a laugh riot!

Henry/Betty - Awww.....Kisses, Cuddling, Hand holding - Oh My! A little awkwardness but not as much angst. More please. While I understand the need for angst - I don't need it in every episode with that much intensity. This episode shows how well they will work as a couple - keep Henry in NY and stop reminding us he's leaving in 5 months please.

Mrs. S: I love your icon! It's a very good distraction.

Next week's episode looks intense - Can't wait to see it

ETA: Can they bring Kenny back?

Last edited by planters; 11-09-2007 at 12:06 PM Reason: grammar and a plea
Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Somerhalder (View Post)
I'm kinda pissed at Daniel though. He fired Betty just because of that. I mean, Betty has sacrificed a lot for him, she has always been there for him and he treats her that way? It's so unfair to Betty.
Well, let's put it in another way: Take Daniel out of that situation and try to picture yourself or someone else in that position. Considering how "chaotic" everything is at that moment, do you think it would be very easy to think in a calm. collected manner and not fly off the handle ? Probably not. More likely, all rationale will go out the window. (And I speak from experience here, believe me.)

Of course, I'm not saying that Daniel was completely right. Sure, he could have taken a minute to listen to Betty's side of the situation. However, I can see why he was being more emotional and less logical about the situation. He found out that the one person he trusted implicitly (practically, his best friend) had been holding out on him. And unfortunately, it was one thing after another: First Betty wasn't truthful about dating Henry, and then she held out on him for 4 months about Wilhelmina.

To me, this was about a lot more to Daniel than just the lying/deception. I think it hurt more to find out that the person who was doing the lying was someone he cares about and trusts.