Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 2x06 "Something Wicked This Way Comes" Episode Discussion Thread

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Aired: Thursday, November 1

Betty and Henry continue their illicit romance and plan a secret date to "Wicked," but things don't go as planned when Daniel, thinking she's dating Gio (Freddy Rodriguez), gifts her with tickets for the two of them instead - tickets which Gio refuses to give up. Meanwhile, Daniel woos an important advertiser (guest star Marlo Thomas), a lady with a penchant for younger men.

Enjoy!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 11-08-2007 at 04:10 PM
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

WOOT! So excited about this one!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wicked, Wicked, Wicked! Ever since I saw it (in London!! *love*) this summer, I've been obsessed. And now my favorite show at my favorite musical? The collision of awesome is just too much!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

good episode so far...
Icon: me
Old 11-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahh. Henry has become this season's Walter. He is always so whiny. He is the one that got a girl pregnant. And this whole "Omg, we can't be seen together! Nobody can know we're dating" thing is beyond annoying. It's the same thing in every episode. Crisis, breakup, back together at the end.

I think Betty has a lot more chemistry with Gio. Freddy and America shine together!

I felt so bad for Wilhelmina. And I am glad sad that Cliff said he had too much self-respect to hide their relationship

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy

Last edited by london grammar; 11-01-2007 at 06:09 PM
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I really loved the episode! I'll be back later, but it was my favorite this season so far.

Quote:
I felt so bad for Wilhelmina. And I am glad sad that Cliff said he had too much self-respect to hide their relationship
I agree.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Great episode!

Wow.........Betty/Henry, Betty/Daniel, and Betty/Gio. So much to say on all three pairings.

Quote:
And I am glad sad that Cliff said he had too much self-respect to hide their relationship
Me too. I loved that.

I think it is realistic for Marc to be struggling with things............I don't think he has ever really been in love before and this is a completely different type of guy than the ones he normally hooks up with. But, as we could already see by the end of the episode, he's realizing what Cliff means to him and that it's way more important than appearances or anything else.

I love Wicked so it was nice to see the musical and the music as a backdrop to alot of the scenes.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I was getting annoyed at the whole "hiding" too. I mean, she's an adult for god's sake.

Cliff
Cliff and Marc...nice to see Marc struggling, as we expected he would, but he seems to be dealing with it

daniel..

And the D/B scenes were great So were the H/B (besides the whole "hiding" thing)

Were there previews for next week? I didnt see them..

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

I hope this is last we'll see of Henry/Betty will or won't they? They are dating, everyone knows it, let the good BE, and we'll deal with the heart break later. PLEASE SHOW.

Wicked!

Wow, Gio's little sister was such a jerk!

MoondustWolf since you saw Wicked in London, did you get to see Idina??
Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosions in the sky (View Post)
Ahh. Henry has become this season's Walter. He is always so whiny.
Totally I used to like H/B but it's getting ridiculous and boring. Thank God for Gio!

I loved this ep, though. In the end, it really was all about Betty and Daniel. It's great to see Daniel being so protective of Betty, and to see how much he relies on her judgement, everyday. I loved her reaction to Daniel calling her "stupid", like she'd been run over by a train.

Loved the Marc/Amanda stuff with Wilhelmina. And I hope Cliff will give Marc a second chance.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Henry's whiny?? I don't get it.. I thought he was being too nice, I hope Betty doesn't get romatically involved with Gio.. I kinda liked their fiesty relationship.

anyways, loved they are developing Marc and Cliff's relationship. hehe ofcourse there have to be some struggling from Marc.

and loved that Justin's back to his awesome self.

This show has such amazing endings.. I loved Betty and Henry's kiss and the Wicked o.s.t playing background. because I love that musical..
Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

i loved the episode...Wicked and UB are perfect together..i loved seeing some of the songs used as background music..they fit the scenes so well...although maybe i love the musical so much cuz when Betty and Henry accidently ended up on stage, my first thought was "omg!!! they interuppted Defying Gravity!?!?!?!??! noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!" haha
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
New Fan

i love this episode!!!!!! still deciding if it's my fav though...

cliff is really growing on me and i hope the writers keep him around for a while, plus it's nice to see this side of marc

i felt sorry for whilimenia (spelling???) i mean we all know she's evil, but it's nice to see her soft side every now and again. i thought her daughter would have wanted to be there, especially since they looked liek they were getting along better in that thanksgiving episode or something.

henry/betty: you know what, i'm all for henry and betty right now, but after this episode i'm kinda wishing they would just get rid of him already so that we can have more betty/gio screen time. i liked all of their scenes......sooooooooo funny lol lol . i for sure want more gio in the upcoming episodes. and his flyer was boring

daniel/betty: i like the role reversal thing. him being protective and her caring about his opinion, but at the same time doing what makes her feel good. the acting was good, i loved their facial expressons at the end when he calls her stupid.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Addicted Fan

This episode was fabulous and WildAtHeart, that's exactly what I thought. I can't believe they interrupted Defying Gravity!! Its my favorite song in Wicked! I loved the D/B was okay with H/B, and loved the G/B. They are so cute. Betty sure has a lot of men in her life . Gio's sister was a jerk, but I kinda still liked her I cracked up on the Betty/Gio macho thing, the Marc/Amanda/Wilhemina scene in the bathroom, and the Henry/Betty/Gio thing where Betty coughs to say hello, and Henry sneezes to say hello and then Gio's line: "You will now hear me gag, that is me...gagging"
Old 11-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

This episode was just ok. I'm honestly close to taking UB off my TiVo Season Pass list, since it's not wowing me this season. Could it be a case of over exposure? Possibly.

And last year's favorite couple are history ... I am SO over Betty/Henry.

kenny | credit