Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 2x05 "A League of Their Own" Episode Discussion Thread

A League of Their Own
Aired: Thursday, October 25th

Much to Henry's distress, Betty tries internet dating and gets asked out on a bowling date. Meanwhile, Marc finds himself attracted to someone who isn't his type, chubby, but charming photographer Cliff. On the home front, Daniel and Alexis steel themselves for a "family" dinner with step-mom-to-be Wilhelmina, and Hilda, lost in her own world, doesn't notice that Justin is ditching school and running with the wrong crowd.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 11-01-2007 at 01:42 PM
Old 10-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Hilda keeps making me cry! I'm so happy that Justin got his pep talk and will be dropping the tough guy act. It was getting annoying.

Henry/Betty... I can't believe it! I will be watching that last scene so many times. That kiss was perfect, so VERY perfect!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Henry & Betty...aww..

I've seriously never completely LOVED one character in two different ships before, like I love D/B and H/B..seriously. Either one is fantastic.

LOVED Marc in this episode..esp at the end. He so cute. Glad he went with the other guy

"I love Blowing" That was hilarious!!

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

2 biggest thoughts:

On the one hand, I absolutely ADORE Cliff. He's the sweetest thing ever, and I love him and Marc together. An actual, working, gay, relationship? That's exactly what makes UB so so awesome!

On the other, Bradford. I want to kick that man's head in for how he treats his children and wife. So, so, badly. The things he's said to Alex(is) and Daniel are unforgiveable. I adore Claire, but I'm slowly getting upset by the fact that with the way Bradford treats her like dirt, she still can't leave him. I understand she loves him in a way I can't understand, but he's basically abusing her children. For their sakes if nothing else, leave him, Claire! He'll never deserve you.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I am so in love with Marc and Cliff, so friggin' cute!

'I love blowing', classic!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Catherine* (View Post)
"I love Blowing" That was hilarious!!
Yes, it was.

Amanda on the background was hilarious. "I don't get it." The spare time comment. But I will admit I only got it because I watch a lot of tv and bowling is a common featured Sport. I've only been bowling once a million years ago.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:23 AM
New Fan

I didn't get to watch the beginnin
I really liked the Justin/Hilda scene.. got me teary eyed.
I'm not really a fan of Betty/Henry, but Betty always says something that makes me go I loved that line "but it'll be worth it" (or something like that)
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

Marc and Cliff are totally great That should be an interesting storyline I loved at the end when they were sitting down to watch the movie Marc looked happy

Yeah, that spare time comment was funny too

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 10-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Banned

Aw Cliff and Marc love them they were great, i hope they continue with this relationship. The " i'm a 7 bitch" line that Marc said hilarious.

I felt bad for Hilda and Justin but i'm glad they finally talked and now can move on with their lifes. But the Golden Girls was so unlike Hilda and not that entertaining. Justin stealing the car very very unlike Justin.

I also felt bad for Danial when Alexis finally remembered what really happened in the car accident.

I didn't like that Betty took Henry back that soon it's not like i don't like them it's just that they moved way too fast after she told him she didn't want to be with him. She's been confusing me alot lately.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
New Fan

Oh yeah that scene with Daniel/Alexis was really sad.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I usually no fan of H/B and I don't like where the writers are going but I must say that the last scene was very cute And also when Henry pulled out the chair for himself

D/B are He was so excited when she told him she had a date I like that he's so supportive of her. And poor him with the whole psycho family he has ("my mum killed Fey, and she's the nice one").

Cliff and Marc are also Am I the only one who thinks Cliff is actually good-looking?

The Hilda and Justin storylines didn't interest me much

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 10-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh my god, I LOVED this episode.. excapt the Henry/Alexis fight. I was so happy when they got along together... I hope they make up and work together to save MODE..

anyways, I loved Marc and Cliff! I thought this show's so great for having this kind of gay storylines. I hope the writers go deeper relationship with them.

Amanda finding his dad and Hilda/Justin bonding was great too.

aww.. I can't wait for next week's episode!!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad that Hilda got her spine back and knocked some sense into Justin. Now, we can get our fun loving and free spirited boy back!

I was a little tired of the Henry/Betty storyline, even though I love them. It just seemed so forced with that ending, last night.

Does anyone get happy that Papi is home? Sheesh! Eat his good cookin, yo!

Mark & Cliff! Amanda better not get jealous!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Loved Marc and Cliff.

That last Hilda/Justin scene was great.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutu (View Post)
Cliff and Marc are also Am I the only one who thinks Cliff is actually good-looking?
Nope, I think Cliff's adorable...just like Marc.