Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 1x04: "Fey's Sleigh Ride" Ep Discussion Thread

"Fey's Sleigh Ride"

When Mode is forced to abandon its big Christmas photo shoot because another magazine has copied the idea, Betty forms an uneasy alliance with Marc and Amanda. The three fear they may have leaked the idea to someone at the rival mag (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez, "The OC") during happy hour... and that their jobs will be history if anyone finds out. Meanwhile, Daniel and Wilhelmina reluctantly work together to come up with a new photo spread as Mode's deadline looms, and Betty's nephew, Justin, is oblivious to the turmoil as he spends a day at the magazine for a class project.

Technically I think it's ep 5 or 6, but since ABC flipped eps around i'm just going to call it #4 to keep the order going.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 10-19-2006 at 09:19 AM
Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why did they switch the order? It's too early for Christmas.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I thought too.

Basically they're working on the mag to come out at Christmas time, so technically they're not celebrating Christmas yet just getting things ready.

icon by jess
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yay, so excited! Just over 7 hours to go! And now to get to class! XD
Old 10-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

It seems like an interesting episode!

And Justin is in the firm!!! Maybe we'll get some Mark/Justin interaction after all. as someone mentioned somewhere in this board: the dark force and the good force of gayness
Old 10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is the high point of this ep. I can't wait to see Justin at Mode.

icon by jess
Old 10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another awesome episode! I love this show. So fresh and hilarious.

Betty/Marc/Amanda working together was weird, but kind of funny. When Marc was listening to Betty/Justin's conversation, I think he felt a little bad. Hmm.

The Daniel/Betty stuff was just love. He doesn't want to lose her! He said it twice and Betty's face just glowed.

The Fey mystery is getting a little boring though.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Gah. GAH. GAH! I love this show so much, I can't even put it into words. And this episode was just...so awesome. SO SO SO awesome. Everything, OMG. I loved everyone tonight. Every single one of them. No, wait. Except Bradford. But everyone else. Well, except Carlos, but he doesn't count. And neither does "Fat" Carol. So there. Yes. I am now going to suggest that every show on television needs one flamboyantly gay character for each major group of people. Marc made me go "awwwwww" multiple on times with him being all terrified, and Justin is like the child prodigy of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Betty's family is just too cool for words. Wonder what we're supposed to find out about Ignacio...and awww, Hilda's trying so hard. Issues all around. But I'm an angst-whore, so I love that. The phone call scene with Betty, Amanda, and Marc, and the Christmas music scene with Daniel and Wilhelmina were both brilliant. And Daniel. Oh, he so broke me tonight. Between him talking to Betty about his parents, staring at the music, and the telling Betty it's okay to not say some things if revealing them would mean losing her, he was just MADE of love tonight. Oh, oh, oh, and Walter at the end. SO SWEET. The list of moments is endless. From "Shmoopy?!" to "Yo kicked me! ...With your two year old shoes!", there was just so much I can't remember any of it. Gah. It's so wonderful to not be depressed with a show I'm obsessed with. I'm so going to be watching this over and over through the week. Each episode is better than the last, and this was no exception. UGLY BETTY IS HOT, PEOPLE! *wanders off, bouncing*
Old 10-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved Betty/Marc/Amanda all working together tonight, it was hilarious! And, Daniel/Wilhelmina (sp), were great too. Thinking he'd pointed at her when he brought up Kwanzza was hilarious. Marc's wheezing and Amanda's binge eating were histarical.

Daniel/Betty are true That's all there is to it!

And, I admit, that ending with Walter/Betty, that was so sweet.

It was obvious this ep felt out of place...given there was some stuff we hadn't seen, being talked about in this ep.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 10-19-2006 at 07:48 PM
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Loved it . UB is definitely one of the highlights of each week. Betty at the party. Daniel not wanting to lose her. Marc/Amanda/Betty working together. Marc/Justin and the vest. Adored it all. My only complaint is the whole Bradford story line. It seems so ... out of place for this show. Like it's not even part of this show or something. Otherwise, I love it.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Best line in the whole entire episode:
Daniel: Your nephew is probaly tired of The Closet
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kwanza comment with Wilhelmina was funny too.

I adored the D/B scene with him telling her that she should lie because he didn't want to lose her. I loved how Daniel was like "I don't want to know if it means I might lose you". I think we are seeing the first signs of a man who is falling in love =)

I also loved Amanda in tonight's eppy (I think this is going to be the only time I'll ever type that). The way she was eating everthing in sight was hilarious! I wish there could be more Marc/Betty/Amanda teamwork. The 3 together=fun!

Last edited by XxslbabesxX; 10-19-2006 at 08:41 PM
Old 10-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Tonights episode was amazing, I was pretty happy to see that Wilhelmina has a heart! She actually was nice! It was awesome!

The D/B monents were

Marc and Amanda were awesome as well!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I seriously have to watch this ep over again, but there were so many amazing moments.

Daniel telling Betty he didn't want to lose her was just a highlight for me. It just made me ohh and aah and just want them to hug, even though on the outside i'm not ready for it.

Justin at Mode was just perfect.

Walter and his love for Betty is sweet, but it's all about D/B for me.

I loved this ep but the whole time I kept thinking to myself, bring on the Halloween ep. I'm so ready for it.

icon by jess
Old 10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

This ep keeps getting bettere every time I watch!

Quotes:

"Did you just gesture at me when you said 'Kwanzaa'?"

"I'm sure your nephews tired of being in the closet by now"

And SO many others. I'll add them as I think of them!

Last edited by MoondustWolf; 10-20-2006 at 10:51 AM
Old 10-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that Kwanzaa part. So funny.

icon by jess