Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ep: 1x16 "Derailed" Episode Discussion Thread

Quote:
"Derailed"
Thursday, Feb. 15 @ 8/7c!

Family matters force Daniel to reconnect with Grace Chin (guest star Lucy Liu in the first of a two-episode arc), a girl he once stood up for a date in college. She's now known as "The Chin," NYC's most powerful lawyer. Meanwhile, Betty makes a new friend, Charlie (guest star Jayma Mays), a likable out-of-towner she meets in the Mode cafeteria, only to find out Charlie is Henry's girlfriend. And a blizzard descends on the city and derails plans, as Christina, trapped in the office with Marc, struggles to put together a gown for Sarah Jessica Parker; Wilhelmina and Alexis get stranded in a sports bar; and Hilda, Santos and Justin get stuck on the subway on the way to see Justin's favorite musical, "Hairspray."

Sounds like a great one! Happy Watching!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Again, not a fave-fave....my fave parts where the Marc/Christina and Hilda/Justin/Santos (well, loved Santos standing up for Justin)......I loved Marc and Christina designing the dress together. And, at the end, when he truly felt bad because Willi made it, so it wasn't going to be use....that was sweet.

I felt bad for Alexis....that was awful what that guy did to her. But, I loved Willi punching him in the face.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Justin and Marc had me cracking up! "Don't phunk with my heart!" LOVE IT.

Go Willi!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
New Fan

Tonight's episode was WOW! I loved the following things:
1. Betty ducking and hiding from Henry under Amanda's circular desk.
2. Betty silently asking Amanda not to let Henry find her.
3. Amanda calling Henry over and telling him that Betty is right there.
4. Betty coming out from under the desk just like she did at the X-mas party with
yet another pathetic excuse of looking for her contacts.
5. Henry trying to talk about their "vibe" and Betty denying it.
6. Betty and Amanda's little heart to heart talk. Loved the line "mode girls are
never the other women, they are the only woman....Fight for your dweeb"
7. Betty trying to talk like Christina making her accent Australian instead of
Scottish.
8. The last but the most awesome thing was I didn't like Charlie or Charlotte the spider as much as I feared I would. I mean the way people were talking about this character, I was dreading her appearance. But now, I am happy to say I still love Betty and I am still a crew member of Henry/Betty ship.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Totally not my favorite episode. I loved Charlie in Heroes and I love Charlie in Ugly Betty. She's such a charmer.

I pretty much called Henry/Betty not getting their kiss so I was upset from the get go. I was dragging the episode knowing that nothing would be resolved, so I was prejudiced agaisnt it.

EM is one lucky man! He made out with Salma Hayek and now Lucy Liu. Hah.

Anyway... I can't wait for the show to be back and wash away the sour taste of this episode.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

this was one of the best episodes for me.

Wilhelmina and Santos. i loved them tonight! Especially Willi, lmao i was expecting her to do something but not that. Damn she throws a good punch. And i loved how she shut up those guys laughing @ her with just a stare lol

And Justin was great too. Mark is a really good singer for his age.

I was glad we had more Marc this time. When he was dancing during the dress making montage i was lmao. But we still needed more Amanda!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Charlie is awesome. But, damn...Betty didn't kiss Henry. That makes me sad. Although, Wily punching the guy in the bar...Marc/Christine working together...and Santos sticking up for his son...made up for it. Loved the final scenes with JT's new song "What Goes Around...Comes Back Around", perfect song choice.

kenny | credit
Old 02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't like Charlie at all.

Wilhelmina punching that guy was flipping awesome. It amazes me how much I am growing to like her character. And Santos is THE MAN. I love him.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoy how this ep showcased different sides to each character. You have Santos finally standing up for his son (great scene btw); Alexis showing real vulnerability; Wilhelmenia decking that guy; Betty doing something not so virtuous because of her feelings for Henry.

Wonderful. Amanda was SO funny tonight, and I loved Betty impersonating Christina.

Charlie's okay, nothing special.

Could've done without the Daniel/Chin storyline. It just felt like more of the same. I found him and Sofia (Salma) more interesting.

I was surprised they used Justin's new song, but it DID work. Guess we'll see what happens to Claire.

icon
Old 02-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another great episode. I totally love this show

Loved all the Henry/Betty/Charlie scenes. Its hard not to like Charlie but I so want Henry/Betty together. The almost kiss was too cute.

I liked the scenes with Wilhelmina and Alexis, and how Wilhelmina came back and hit that guy on the floor (man what a punch she gave him, lol)

I like how they played the Justin Timberlake song at the end, it was a nice touch.
My LJ
Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
Charlie is awesome. But, damn...Betty didn't kiss Henry. That makes me sad. Although, Wily punching the guy in the bar...Marc/Christine working together...and Santos sticking up for his son...made up for it. Loved the final scenes with JT's new song "What Goes Around...Comes Back Around", perfect song choice.
I was singing along, hehe

I forgot about Marc's dancing... He's my fave.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, not the most amusing episode. Mostly helped delve into the characters. Seeing how Alexis reacts to being a woman and being hit on and used. Seeing Marc and Christina (absolutely awesome) work together. I laughed so hard with America doing the scottish accent on the phone!! They also dug deeper into who Daniel had been and even though he had been amazing in the last couple episodes, he's still going to falter. We know he's not to the point where he can be/will be yet and Betty will so beat him down about it I'm guessing in the next episode? I also think the Hilda/Santos/Justin thing was for family dynamic and seeing Santos become an actual father.

I heard no new episodes until APRIL??!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh gawd, I love this show! Vanessa Williams was BORN to play this role.

I thought I'd dislike Alexis and Rebecca Romijn, but I'm loving both. There's just so much too Alexis, she's not just some dude who wanted to be a girl, you feel like she's finally getting what she wanted, but it's coming with so many difficulties. And Willie punching Jerry O'Connell as Joel with his real life fiance (or is it wife?) sitting next to him? CLASSIC!

Betty... and Charlie. And aahhh, I love Charlie. She's so cute! Like a little doll.

Justin, on the train, doing Hairspray! One of the best things ever on TV. Great voice too!

Marc and Christina doing a SJP dress out of nothing? Great. But the best moment was Marc's "It gets easier..." There's actually some depth in the guy (who's one of my favourite characters ever).

This show owns.

writer/muse soulmates
Old 02-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There were so many great parts to this ep and you've all said them. Daniel's story was okay, but what shocked me was he didn't really call the girls from college. I thought he was actually making progress, but he didn't. He's still Daniel.

I didn't like Charlie as much as I thought I would and that's a good thing because for right now I really want Henry/Betty to try. It's so obvious Henry is crazy about Betty and I think it will just take time for him to figure out things won't work with Charlie, but then I don't want Betty waiting around either.

Loved Alexis/Willi. I felt so bad for her when Jerry's character was a jerk. But Willi was awesome and that punch was awesome!

I haven't read anything about the next ep being in April, but i'll do some digging.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

This episode was just totally awesome. I think my favorite part of it was Henry/Betty. Poor Betty, she felt so bad about losing Charlie on the subway. I liked Charlie, but there was something about her that irked me, I'm not sure what it was but she kind of had this attitude at times with Betty (when they were in the cafeteria).

Daniel/Grace Chin- Interesting. Lucy Liu always plays a fantastic character, but I wasn't surprised when he called Becks instead. It's very Daniel.

Alexis/Willy- I feel bad for Willy, until the end when she was like "we're planning a takeover!" And I felt bad for Alexis. She's not having it easy and you can tell how sad it's making her. But I'm glad she and Daniel are getting along.

Marc/Christina- Funny! At first I was wondering if Marc had ulterior motives for helping Christina, but at the end it was nice when he said "You get used to it." You really got to see part of him that doesn't like what Willy does.