Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ep 1x12 "Sofia's Choice" Discussion Thread

Sofia's Choice
Airing January 11, 2007

Just as Daniel gets the strength to pop the question to Sofia, Betty discovers evidence that casts doubt on Sofia's intentions. Meanwhile, Mode staffers are shocked to see a kinder, gentler Wilhelmina, who is being romanced big time by her wealthy Texan and Ignacio finds it very difficult to bond with his immigration caseworker.

Happy watching!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 04-20-2007 at 12:54 PM
Old 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

So based on my impressions of the first couple minutes...who was is really leading on whom?? Dang. I knew sofia would do something to hurt daniel, but I didn't think it'd be this obvious and so planned.

And the Betty/Marc interaction was awesome.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I just think its funny that the actress who plays amanda is playing sophias other assistant.. lol
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

This was a hilarious episode! I don't think I've laughed as hard during UB. Amanda assaulting Sofia with her purse, the two office workers vs. Betty with her running to the elevator, Daniel's mother, Ignacio and Constance....so great.

Can't believe Sofia. I knew it was all happening too fast, but I didn't suspect it was for a newspaper article. I just thought she'd go back to Hunter. Good for Betty for trying to warn him. I loved what she said to Sofia.

Poor Willie. I liked her and Tex.

icon
Old 01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I so called Sofia playing Daniel...I had no idea it was going to be for an article though...I thought it was just going to be a 'taste of your own medicine' kinda thing...I really felt for Daniel. But, yeah, still in the minority, because I do still like Sofia.

Too cute how Becki Newton played the 'Betty' at the other magazine, she even tripped like America's Betty does.

Marc continues to own...omg, his reaction to the armadillo. Poor Willi, I kept telling myself, he better not hurt her, and sure enough he did! She is my favorite female on the show, I just adore Willi! I can't wait til' next week!

Omg, that woman's reaction to Ignacio's little cup of treats for her, hilarious!

Betty's loyalty to Daniel never ceases to amaze me.

All in all, not one of my fave-fave eps, but it was good as always.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Supreme Fan

I felt so sorry for Daniel! I did not expect it for an article at all. What a witch Sofia is.

I felt bad for betty but he scenes with her & Christina in the strip club were so funny.

And I felt so bad for Wili I liked her & Ted so much. I hope they bring him back for her some day.

ETA: the scenes with Marc showing Betty all his pictures of her was so funny & then her getting back with the dudecrusise thing was genius.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You touched on some things, I'd forgotten about...I loved when we got to see Marc's screensavers of Betty. And, Christina was so horny at that stripclub. I also loved when Marc feather dusted Betty.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Amanda made my night when she attacked Sophia lol.

And marc's armadillo reaction..thats how i am around spiders lol

and i didn't even notice that that was becki newton at th eother magazine lol.

I felt so bad for Willi..and when she came back to Mode after Ted left....lol when she walked in, i thought of that song "the bitch is back"

And Daniel...i felt SO bad for him...i still like Sophia...but god i wanted to hit her
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Loyal Fan

great episode.

lol, i knew as soon as i saw the assistant at Sophia's magazine that she looked familiar, then i was like "omg, it's Amanda!" ... she played that role perfectly. ... i loved when Betty threw the bean bag chair at her after she took the article away from the woman in the wheelchair.

the real Amanda going after Sophia was great. when she got on the elevator i was like ooh she better watch out, Amanda's going to beat her down.

i felt so bad for Daniel. for once he gave his heart to someone, and they were just playing him the whole time. true he's done that to alot of girls, but like he said, he never broke it off on national television.

Marc was once again most brilliant. the armadillo reaction was priceless, i didn't know what he was doing at first. ... then when he was showing Betty all of the various pictures on his computer, and she mentioned the dude cruise.

i loved the whole strip club scene ... Betty was SO uncomfortable, but Cristina was loving it. it would have been even more funny had they thrown Marc in there somewhere and Betty saw him there too. you know that Marc would have loved it there as well.

i'm glad that Ignacio was able to find proof that he was in the country the whole time. man that case worker was a pain at first, but Ignacio better watch out, i think she's in love w/ him now.

hopefully Betty will be able to get her job back at MODE, i bet it's going to take alot for Amanda to give it up now.

R.I.P Brad Renfro [1982-2008]
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Go Amanda for attacking Sophia poor Daniel I knew Sophia was playing him but for a magazine character what a shock. Sophia is a character that I loved to hate. I love Marc and poor Willi it was nice to see the in love side of her
Old 01-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Go Amanda for attacking Sophia
WORD!!!

I realized something was up when Sofia started crying that night at the salsa club but didn't know what.

Anyway.. Good episode, GREAT acting, except by Salma who really should stick to movies where her bad acting isn't so obvious.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Passionate Fan

This was a good episode. I thought that Becki did great as the "MYW Betty". I was really surprised at Sofia. That was lowdown. But coming on the heels of being massively deceived myself, it's better to know sooner than later.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally watched the ep and I loved it. Not my fave, but seriously one of the top ones. But then I say that every week. This episode had so many great moments that you've all touched on.

Marc was awesome and Amanda as the other Betty rocked. Becki is the coolest thing ever and I bet that was so much fun for her to do.

I really think it was a low-blow too for Sofia. We all pretty predicted that it wasn't going to end well, but for a magazine, just bummed me out. Almost had the "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days" feel, but at least that movie ended alright.

I loved Betty's speech to Sofia. Betty is just such an amazing person. I love her so much and America!!

icon by jess
Old 01-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. Quite a hilarious episode. Many funny moments.

The Wilhemina stuff was interesting, seeing how different she'd acted and then going back to her usual self.

Seeing Amanda (Becki) play the "betty" at the other magazine was AMAZING. Probably one of the most hilarious things ever.

The whole Sofia/article thing...dang. And wow, did Eric do a good job with the emotions at the end. I just wanted to cry watching him walk down the hall almost needing the wall to be able to stand up. Awww. Run to betty Daniel! LOL.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Eric did a great job too. The ending did have me in tears. I just felt so bad for him. I still can't believe it was all for an article and then I loved the ending with he and Bradford. Such a great bonding moment for the two of them.

icon by jess