Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ep 1x11 "Swag" Discussion Thread

"Swag"
Thursday, Jan. 4 @ 8/7c

Christina's swag lottery, with the Mode closet clothes and accessories,creates a feeding frenzy among the office fashionistas, while Betty wears herself out helping Daniel who had his credit card cut off,because of a $20,000 expense report that Betty filled and who wasrejected, making it impossible for him to wine and dine an important Japanese designer, Oshi.

Alrighty, everyone enjoy. I have to go to work, but yall have fun without me and i'll be home later to comment.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 01-11-2007 at 08:18 AM
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was neat how they got around the fact this originally aired way back near the beginning...having it be a flashback kinda thing...and we got all the moments.

I thought it was great, as always! I loved Marc...I had a feeling he'd end up getting a bag in the end...and he has no idea it wasn't the original. It was hilarious when it hit Betty with that thing in the elevator, after seeing she had the bag. Omg, Willi's butt-lift, I about died. 'Good luck returning my ass!'

So cute seeing how Henry and Betty originally met...she took he bagel and coffee.

And, I know I'm in the minority, but I thought it was so sweet when Walter got her the bag...that was sweet. Stalking her in the store. 'You don't have feminine itch.'

I loved seeing Daniel and Betty being able to related with money problems in this one too...omg, when he touched her hand when helping her up from the tunnel entrance, my heart fluttered.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the episode, HATED that it was flashback. Why couldn't they air the thing according to plan! I really wanted things to move forward.

Anyway, it was a really good episode. Henry..................... *drops* He's so perfect! How come Betty is not all over that? Hm, there must be something wrong with that girl.

Quote:
It was hilarious when it hit Betty with that thing in the elevator, after seeing she had the bag.
Terribly awesome!

Wil is great! She rocked this episode, as she does each time.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved the episode! When he hit Betty in the elevator..lol i love pouty marc.

and "Good luck returning my ass!"..my fav Willi quote ever!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Anjinator - Cool. I was wondering what the deal was. But, yep, it worked.

Maybe not my favorite episode, but it was great.

First of all White Castle. That was just beautiful.

I thought it was really sweet of Walter to get Betty the bag.

Marc getting the bag in the end though not the original was great. He was so happy.

Cute moments with Henry/Betty.

Loved all the D/B moments.

Willi's "good luck returning my ass"

And awww, America/Betty made me cry tonight during her talk with Hilda about her mom and how carrying the purse made her feel beautiful for once.

And OMG next week looks awesome!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker (View Post)

And awww, America/Betty made me cry tonight during her talk with Hilda about her mom and how carrying the purse made her feel beautiful for once.

And OMG next week looks awesome!!!
That got to me too...when she said she felt pretty...and Hilda hugged her. That was so sweet.

I know...it looks insane, in a good way.

Marc clutching the bag and smelling it, too cute! I want to eat him up, he's the cutest thing ever!

Willi just owns...she's a riot! Only she could make a graceful exist after that was exposed. 'Don't stare at it.'
Old 01-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Everyime Betty says something like, "I felt pretty" or "I'm not the pretty one" I feel as though Hilda should say something like, "Betty, you ARE pretty". Because well, she is. She's cute, funny and adorable. Ask Henry.

BTW, the best ever was like everyone killing each other for the "swag" It was truly hilarious.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Loyal Fan

great episode tonight. i didn't like that it was a flashback episode, but at least we were given insight on a few things that we might not have necessarily known.

Marc! ... when he got on the elevator and saw that Betty had his bag ... he got in Christina's face and gave her his big eyes, then he hit Betty in the head w/ the thing he was holding. priceless. ... funny how he ended up w/ a fake bag in the end but he didn't even realize it.

Walter is just weird. true it was very sweet when he got her the bag and i did say 'Aw' out loud. but i still don't like him. Henry on the other hand ... i adore. i can't believe that Betty wasn't in love w/ him at first sight, they are like perfect for one another.

the scene w/ Betty/Hilda got me too, it was so sweet.

i loved that they ended up taking the guy to White Tassel ... which was clearly a knock-off of White Castle. i chuckled too at Betty when she started walking out w/ the supermodel and she eventually just got down and crawled behind her.

i've had that Black Eyed Peas song stuck in my head now though since watching the show. since that Japanese dude had to have his own personal theme song.

R.I.P Brad Renfro [1982-2008]
Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Filler episode tonight. I wish they move the storyline forward not do a flashback episode but I do understand why they had to do that. Loved Henry/Betty together. Cute. The stuff with the swag was pretty funny and Wilhelmina's butt lift. But easily the weakest episode yet. Next week looks great though.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Ok the best thing about this show is the quirky moments:

1. Oshi's theme music and his super-hard assistant
2. Amanda getting to the swag sign ups late because she was having sex with Daniel
3. Betty stealing Henry's bagel and then having to give it to Daniel's father.
4. Betty looking at her mom's photo and holding the bag.

It's the tiny things that make you just want to laugh/cry for Betty.

This was a great ep and I'm sorry Walter but you cannot hold a candle to Henry.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with everyone on the ep. It was great, but definitely wish it had aired the way it should have. It would have been better and just probably an overall fave ep of the season. It still sort of is, if I ignore the other parts.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I forgot all about this being a flashie so I got confused for a second as to what was going on But now after seeing it again, there was some hilarious parts, and I loved the whole scene with Henry/Betty, and the scene with Betty/Daniel at the end
My LJ
Old 01-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I personally loved Thursday's episode. They did a great job making it into a flashback. I looooooooooved all of the Daniel and Betty moments. IT was good to see how their relationship had progressed and moments that had happened "in the past". Now, some are disappointed that things didn't progress, but don't they come to a head in the next episode?? With Daniel and Sofia? Hence, she's soon to be out of the picture and things can move forward quicker.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hm, I did like the overall ep, but the fact that the whole episode was pretty much a flashback annoyed me just a bit. Either way I'm glad that UB is finally back. I hate hiatus.

Oh Willi's "Good luck returning my ass!" was the most hilarious thing ever! That girl is awesome.

I loved seeing how all the girls and Marc were acting down in the closet. It really was like a zoo down there.

And Henry! Aw! That boy is love. I love how she just stole the coffee and the bagel and ran. I loved when she got him new ones in return for a favour though.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect
Oh Willi's "Good luck returning my ass!" was the most hilarious thing ever! That girl is awesome.

I loved seeing how all the girls and Marc were acting down in the closet. It really was like a zoo down there.
I loved those parts!