Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ep 1x10: "Fake Plastic Snow" Episode Discussion Thread

"Fake Plastic Snow"
Thursday, Nov. 30 @ 8/7c!

It's Christmastime at Mode, as Betty questions her relationship with Walter and her feelings for Henry, the accountant. Daniel, on the other hand, is sure of his love for Sofia (Salma Hayek), despite her doubt, and Marc frantically tries to win over Wilhelmina in fear of losing his life. Meanwhile Amanda vies for Betty's position as Daniel's new assistant by planning and executing a perfect Mode holiday party that fills the office with Styrofoam snow and holiday wishes.

YAY!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 04-06-2007 at 10:42 AM
Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Such a great episode...

Daniel/Betty: Omg, when I saw the tears welling up in his eyes, and then after their hug, he was actually crying....just killed me! They are just utter And, we got another hug!

Walter/Betty: I'm in the minority, but I really love these two, and felt so much for him tonight. I wish Betty would just be honest with him now...let him know she doesn't get sweaty palms, or a racing heart beat with him anymore...at least, he'll always be her first love.

Henry/Betty: Could they be anymore adorable?! Omg, they are the cutest! I loved her trying to hide from him, and then pulling out that string of condoms. And, her letting him know he had something on his nose, and his big smile, such a cute thing! Omg, and when he was trying to flake the snow off her bangs...that was too cute!

Marc/Wilhli: They are so my favorite relationship tied with D/B. I just, I can't get enough of these two! I loved his eating her whole wheat bagel, and then thinking he was going to be killed, buttering her up by bringing her a platter full the next day...so Marc. And, too cute seeing his puffer again. I loved him trying to find out what the presents underneath her tree were, when he heard her coming, and then hid behind it. Omg, when he ducked into the restroom, trying not to be seen, but you could still see his shadow through the door shaking around, priceless! And, I so knew she was giving him a Christmas gift...since I'd been waiting from those episode stills....I thought that was so sweet...even if it was partially to shut him up.

Daniel/Sofia: Also in the minority, since I like these two. She was cute in his shirt in the beginning. I was hoping he'd be faithful...though, is she? Was this supposed to be her last ep...at least for now?

Amanda: I love her more and more each ep. When she licked the ring to try to get it off, that had me rolling! And, then her doing the Mambo, but using that as a diversion of really trying to get the ring off, hilarious. Oh, and her reaction to Betty's shoes, so Amanda! I feel bad for her still having feelings for Daniel though...though, I don't ship them.

Suarez Family: I loved seeing more Hilda/Gina tonight. They are so hilarious. And, the ending, with them and the lipstick...that was great. I loved Justin's reaction to what Hilda did to her reindeer.

Drunken Christina was great...pulling Santa's fake beard.

How are we going to survive this hiatus?!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I adore Amanda more as the season goes on. I didn't expect that I'd ever say that.

I feel so bad for Daniel and Betty. They made me want to cry in that last scene. I think it's obvious that there is some sort of feelings there. And the line about the sweaty palms, etc, felt a lot like foreshadowing with them both saying it.

I like Henry.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to see the episode
Old 12-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried to get online last night and my comp was being a pain.

I need to re-watch the ep before I give my thoughts. Saw it, but mainly while cooking dinner, eating and the convo there, it was hard to pay attention to most of what was being said.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 12-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

The greatest part about the episode was the great B/D moment we got when they were saying their goodbyes and of course.....THE HUG!

I also loved Marc's Anne Hathaway comment.

Amanda is one of my favorite characters now. I feel so bad for her when she was looking at Daniel from across the tree and then the ring came off because her palms were sweaty. On a lighter note, her little dance while tryiing to get the ring off rocked.

Man,December is going to be loooong w/o new episodes.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxslbabesxX (View Post)
The greatest part about the episode was the great B/D moment we got when they were saying their goodbyes and of course.....THE HUG!

I also loved Marc's Anne Hathaway comment.

Amanda is one of my favorite characters now. I feel so bad for her when she was looking at Daniel from across the tree and then the ring came off because her palms were sweaty. On a lighter note, her little dance while tryiing to get the ring off rocked.

Man,December is going to be loooong w/o new episodes.
They owned that goodbye scene...I loved his voice cracking, and his tears.

That was a cute moment. And, we finally found out his last name, St. James. Now, we still need to find out some others...Amanda, Christina, Walter, Henry...lol.

I feel so bad for her having feelings for Daniel...I hope she can get over him, thought it's gonna take him. I loved her dancing.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Absolute Fan

This was definitely my favourite episode all categories. Not only because I'm probably the biggest Henry fangirl around but... it was the best thing ever. I loved everything. Not one bit I didn't love.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

The episode rocked. Henry owned this episode.

What happens to me is that I love this show so much, that after I watch the episodes I can't post about it because I don't know where to begin!! Not kidding. I just don't know what to say.

I adored the episode, I think Amanda is the cutest bitch ever and I totally want to marry Henry!

Daniel & Wil looked fabulous. Pink agrees with Eric Mabius, in all its shades. That man was born to wear pink!

I could write 10 pages...
Old 12-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im so mad at myself, I totally forgot that Ugly betty was new last week and missed the show
My LJ
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Loyal Fan

this episode.

i think it might have been one of my favorites so far.

the show has me all the time ... but it has just the right amount of touching moments as well to make it well balanced.

Hilda/Gina -- hilarious. i loved how they were ruining each others decorations ... but in the end they were being civil to one another. when Betty walked in on them giving each other makeup tips "Did Hell Freeze Over"

Justin -- "what's that elf doing to santa" ... and the fact that he wanted a renewal subscription to Martha Stewart Living for x-mas. it was also cute that he put that he never wanted his grandfather to go away.

man, when Daniel/Betty hugged after he gave her the gift i was about to cry w/ the both of them. it was such a touching moment. they both realized how much the other has done for them.

i love Henry. he's just adorable. he and Betty would be so cute together, all of their scenes were awesome. especially the condom one, that one had me . i'm not a fan of Walter at all, i dunno what it is about him ... sure it's cute that he's in love w/ her and he was sending her all those gifts w/ Daniels help, but if she doesn't feel it w/ him, then i highly doubt she ever will.

Amanda may be a bitch, but she's a likable one, which is rare. its sad that she still has feelings for Daniel and he doesn't feel the same for her. i loved all the various 'cover-ups' she did for trying to hide the ring or to get it off.

omg. Marc! ... his facial expressions are THE best. basically everything that he does is awesome. when he went into the bathroom after telling Betty she hadn't seen him and you could still see him through the door, priceless. i love his little curly faux-hawk he has on the back of his head too. it was nice that Willy bought him a present, even if she is just trying to buy his silence.

R.I.P Brad Renfro [1982-2008]
Old 12-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
[...] and I totally want to marry Henry!
Hands off, he's mine Everyone knows it hehe
Old 12-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok thank god for the internet. I got to see the eppy! and omg how frickin cute are Henry/Betty. I can live with them being together for right now until its Betty/Daniel time.
My LJ
Old 12-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Gah I'm going to scream. I seriously need to see this whole hug moment. Tell me it is online somewhere!! I can't get my frickin computer to download the episode from ABC correctly. I need a D/B moment!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was a double post...but i changed it...further evidence that my computer and internet suck. LOL.