Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
MaryKSands see *smirks* that's why Faith is an honorary shipper most if not ALLL her songs fit Detty in some way or another, there is another one called "I've got this friend" that she wrote a long time ago that could fit them as well (basically the song is about two friends who are in love but won't admit it so they "say" they have friends for thier 'friends' it's a sweet song but then again all her songs are sweet)
Wow

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrty1283 (View Post)
Thanks let me know when u find out cause Ive been curious for awhile Ive got a Mac too...
Mac is the best sorry i've only got my Mac for less then 6 months i'm still in the honeymoon period
Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Faith Hill's songs are thanks for sharing Melissa

My favorite is "it will be me" :

When all the others
Have gone and hurt you
Who won't desert you
It will be me
Weighing the options
So much to think of
But when you think love
It will be me

You may not see it now
Love is strange that way
Someday somewhere baby somehow

Who'll be your only
True romancer
You know the answer
It will be me

What will it take to
Bring you to your senses
And finally convince you
It will be me

It totally works from Daniel's POV
Quote:
Originally Posted by qirjanran (View Post)
i was wondering if someone could help me find the eps of signif detty events from s1-3?
the thing is it's hard to make a list with Detty cause they had so much cute little moments in almost every episode but I tried my best :

SEASON 1 :
*Episode 1 : Detty first meeting, their smile in the conference room, the look on his face when she walks in the street
*Episode 3 : Betty cries in the bathroom, Daniel tries to console her.
*Episode 4 : "-you told me not to hide things from you, Daniel.
-listen to me. I don’t have to know everything. Especially if knowing about it means ending up losing you."
*Episode 8 : Betty teaches salsa dance to Daniel through the phone.
*Episode 9 : Daniel spends all the day at Casa Suarez, first Detty hug !
*Episode 10 : Betty leaves her job, second Detty hug !
*Episode 13 : karaoke on "I got you babe", Brooklyn Bridge scene : “you’re better than any model, Betty” *SQUEE*
*Episode 18 : “I wanted to see the look on your face when you’re not disappointed in me”
*Episode 19 : Detty first big argument
*Episode 20 : “I need you, Betty”
*Episode 21 : Daniel bought tickets for Mexico for Betty's family, Detty third hug !

SEASON 2 :

*Episode 1 : Daniel leaves the hospital to see Betty, he knows where to find her.
*Episode 6 : protective Daniel, he doesn't want Henry to break Betty's heart again.
*Episode 7 : Daniel fires Betty.
*Episode 8 : Detty hug, after Bradford’s death, Betty puts her hand on Daniel’s shoulder and he reaches out for her hand*SQUEE*
*Episode 9 : Daniel persuades Betty to come back to Mode
*Episode 11 : Detty hug, Daniel creates a fashion show just for Betty, he offers his arm to her, they walk away arm-in-arm *SQUEE*
*Episode 12 : Detty hug, the first that Daniel initiates ! Ending scene : he watches her with Gio.
*Episode 14 : it’s Betty’s 24 th birthday, Daniel gave Betty's gift to Ignacio two weeks ago cause he remembered he'd forget.
*Episode 15 : Renee makes Daniel believe that Betty is in love with him.
*Episode 17 : Betty gives Daniel a supportive slap on the butt^_^
*Episode 18 : Daniel to Betty : “I can’t imagine being here without you”

SEASON 3 :

*Episode 2 : they have a fight about Wilhelmina job's offer, Daniel misses Betty after she accepted Wilhelmina's job offer (the mug scene), Betty encourages Daniel to fight for a place at Mode, they apologize to each other and Daniel asks Betty to come back
*Episode 3 : Betty finds out that Daniel didn't attempt to murder Christina, Detty hug !
*Episode 5 : Daniel panicks when Betty didn't shown up at work, Betty gives Daniel the thumbs up before his blind date with his "perfect" match
*Episode 6 : Daniel tells Betty she's getting replaced by Kimmie in the Tico Berry photoshoot (he looks so sad for her aww), Daniel offers business cards to Betty
*Episode 7 : Daniel catches Betty singing a song from Dark Sexual Journey, Daniel tells Betty she’s beautiful, Detty hug *SQUEE*
*Episode 8 : “Daniel call Betty” written in the sky, Claire’s teasing, Daniel mouths "I'm sorry" to Betty for letting her take the blame as "Tornado Girl"
*Episode 9 : Betty's dream : old Betty who still waits for old Daniel's recommendation letter for the YETI programm, Detty hug, Daniel gives her the (6 pages !) recommendation letter.
*Episode 12 : Detty hug : the first time they see each other after Ignacio's heart attack, they spy at Suzuki St. Pierre/Byron Wu's house
*Episode 15 : Daniel tells Betty he trusts her more than anyone else, the ending scene *SQUEE* : they sit together, Daniel teases Betty about her fashion choices and they walk off into the sunset
*Episode 18 : Bunny Daniel, Betty comforts Daniel after he humiliated himself for saving Mode, Detty hug !
*Episode 22 : the Detty dance at Daniel & Molly wedding with Matt interrupting them
*Episode 23 & 24 : the "I Need You" text from Daniel to Betty after Molly’s death, 2 Detty hugs !
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laltp (View Post)
Mac is the best sorry i've only got my Mac for less then 6 months i'm still in the honeymoon period
LMAO!!!! I bought my first one a couple of Christmas' ago actually!!! My dad has always had one because he is a designer so I've used em most of my life and I love em!!!! It's so great!!!!

cyndie57 Thanks so much for those moments!!! Great list!!!!!

Wilhelmina: You're not here to stitch, you're here to snitch!
Marc: She needs information, bitch!
Lorelai & Luke - Daniel & Betty - Ross & Rachel

Last edited by Shrty1283; 04-26-2010 at 05:30 PM
Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

You know I would totally watch a spin off series of Daniel where he's trying to make something of himself on his own accomplishments and not on the Meade name. That way we could still get some Detty, some guest spots from all our favs, and some new storylines/characters.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Cyndie that IS a great song (though I don't think you posted it all) it fits from Betty's Point of view as well but yeah Faith is so AWESOME when it comes to Detty songs If I pull out my CD I'm sure I'd find at the very least ten more
my Favorite by FAR though is LOST I mean seriously that one is SO Daniel's Point of view JUST from the Chorus alone ESPECIALLY this line "when everything I have doesn't mean a thing if it's without you" that line right there SCREAMS Detty from Daniel's POV

ssbailey I would ONLY be okay with that if Silvio Horta wasn't behind it since he never wanted Detty to begin with (and I'm quite shocked that he gave us that open ending at all)
Old 04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

cyndie57 this song is perfect for Detty

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ssbailey I would ONLY be okay with that if Silvio Horta wasn't behind it since he never wanted Detty to begin with (and I'm quite shocked that he gave us that open ending at all)
Didn't he think that Henry was Betty's true love? Possibly someone somewhere will take pity on all of us Detty shippers and find a better writer/show runner to produce a spin off about Daniel.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if he did or not *shrugs* I'm glad he gave us the ending he did (even if it's not what he had in mind) but if someone were to do a spin off or something like that it has to be done well and not have Silvio behind it I DO NOT want another "Joey" syndrome ("Joey" was the spin off of "Friends" and it was SOO bad)
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

cyndie57 ur icon is
Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

aww thanks, their smile make me melt into a soppy puddle of happiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSidleStokes (View Post)
I don't know if he did or not *shrugs* I'm glad he gave us the ending he did (even if it's not what he had in mind) but if someone were to do a spin off or something like that it has to be done well and not have Silvio behind it I DO NOT want another "Joey" syndrome ("Joey" was the spin off of "Friends" and it was SOO bad)
it was painful to watch

If I had to choose, I'd vote for the writers of the episodes "In or out" and "Zero worship" where the Dettyness is on top
Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

YES that would be good seeing as they probably liked Detty and would keep them dating in the spin off (or maybe more)
and yes "Joey" was really pain ful to watch
LOVE the icon as well Cyndie
Old 04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks SO much for that amazing list, cyndie57. i've been re-watching UB but mainly re-watching it for the D/B scenes ALL week. sadly, i'm already on s4 so my marathon is wrapping up but i have those last two eps to look forward to. and some amazing moments. i wish i had time this summer to do a HUGE daniel/betty couples picspam. maybe i will try and fit it in before i leave for vacation.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

it's a great show to watch I totally Miss it I think I may watch some of my old eps since My friends are UGH Yeah don't get me started I digress.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I know it's OT but: I am utterly bored!!!

don't get me wrong i have tones to do *cough -homework- cough* which I have been putting off for waaayyy toooo long (like a full month) but the thought of doing, baaaa.
I'm dying for some UB fanfics but there so few new ones (and i have already read them all- i reckon)...
seriously someone put me out of my misery.

alright i'm done bitching :-P