Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 PM
New Fan

Ava Gaudet / Gina Gambarro Thread #1: Is she Italian-American or Latina?

I'm asking because at first I thought she was Latina. But then, I looked in wikipedia, and it says she's Italian-American.

Does anyone know where can I check this out? If not, at least tell me your impression when you first saw the character. Thanks

Last edited by *Stacy*; 05-11-2007 at 04:17 PM
Old 05-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it's okay but I made your thread into a regular Gina Thread. I'll edit the person's real name in a minute. But I figured this would be a great way to get her thread going.

As for your answer, i've never even thought about it.

ETA: Her info on imdb.com doesn't even have much of a bio. It does seem she was in Rent on Broadway. Another singer on this cast. I so want my musical.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
New Fan

Thanks Stacy. Good idea

Actually I don't care about the actress herself, I am more into identifying which ethnic identities are represented in the show. For example I know that the actor who plays Justin IS Italian-American, even though he represents a Latino kid in the series.

So... independently on the bio of the real person who portrays her... what do you think or though when presented with the character of Gina Gambarro? Is she of Italian or Latin American descent?

Thanks !!!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietoujours (View Post)
Thanks Stacy. Good idea

Actually I don't care about the actress herself, I am more into identifying which ethnic identities are represented in the show. For example I know that the actor who plays Justin IS Italian-American, even though he represents a Latino kid in the series.

So... independently on the bio of the real person who portrays her... what do you think or though when presented with the character of Gina Gambarro? Is she of Italian or Latin American descent?

Thanks !!!
Actually, Mark Indelicato is half Puerto Rican, and half Italian-American, not just Italian American. And if you wanna get really technical, Italians are Latin too.

I think based on her accent and the way Hilda says her last name (because Hilda always pronounces Spanish names in Spanish), I'd say Gina is of Italian decent.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though she was never really all that nice, I think it would be interesting to see her again on the show sometime