Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I loved the doggy therapy line of Leno's.
Yeah that was a good one.

Quote:
I love the awfully cropped Eiffel Tower pic with its star, Starbucks, and her bf's need to have his coffee.
The pic was so funny, because you couldn't see most of the building. And the Starbucks did really stick out. But they were so cute in it. I was laughing so much when she was talking about him and his coffee I guess he really needs it!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

It does look like someone short took that picture. It was just weirdly shot and yeah, that Starbucks really stood out!

I guess it was the principle of getting the coffee after they waited in that long line. Too funny!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, totally the principle of it all!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip & Run (View Post)
I can't remember for boyfriend's name right now, but their trip sounded so funny. I love the awfully cropped Eiffel Tower pic with its star, Starbucks, and her bf's need to have his coffee.
That was hilarious. But I sympathise with her boyfriend, there's no way I'd stand in line for 45 minutes and then NOT get what I was after. It's just too funny that he was like "NO! I'm getting my coffee! " though.

Her new movie, Towards Darkness, looks interesting too!

And I can't believe the airport woman in London couldn't understand America's accent, that's ridiculous! It's awesome that she was in the UK, though

Perrine, thanks for your opinion on RWHC. It's still on the list!

And yeah, I'm in agreement about Carmen's dad in TSOTTP. I found it a bit odd that after the phone call, he didn't make an effort to reconcile their relationship, although it obviously affected him, since he hesitated during the ceremony. Maybe he just thought if he avoided the issue, he wouldn't have to deal with it, and it would just go away? That seemed to be his philosophy for not telling Carmen about his new family, too.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
And I can't believe the airport woman in London couldn't understand America's accent, that's ridiculous! It's awesome that she was in the UK, though

And yeah, I'm in agreement about Carmen's dad in TSOTTP. I found it a bit odd that after the phone call, he didn't make an effort to reconcile their relationship, although it obviously affected him, since he hesitated during the ceremony. Maybe he just thought if he avoided the issue, he wouldn't have to deal with it, and it would just go away? That seemed to be his philosophy for not telling Carmen about his new family, too.
That's exactly what I thought about the whole 'banana' conversation. It's really not that difficult to understand!

And I loved your assessment of the whole Carmen and her dad issue. It definitely seemed to be his philosophy that it would all work out just fine without him having to confront any of their problems. I didn't particularly warm to the dad even by the end of the film.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

OT: I'm totally cringing here, because I'm seeing all these typing errors I made last night. Anyway...

I love Bradley Whitford, but his character wasn't someone I loved. At all. Even when things were normal, he'd just not have time to do things she expressed excitement in like tennis.

I'd be mad if I didn't get the coffee, too.

I'm so glad you girls are saying that about the whole bananas thing. I don't think it was hard to understand either.

Her new movie looks really interesting! They both do.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I would've loved to have seen her on Leno! Think it's up online somewhere? I'm more of a Conan fan, myself.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

You're a Conan fan, too? So am I! Seriously, if I could marry any star it would be him.

Anyway, the lovely Teri linked America's appearance on Leno.

Quote:
America Ferrera on March 11 Tonight Show (Video)

America Ferrera on March 11 Tonight Show (Video) | TV Crunch
Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Oh yay! I'll take a look at that soon. I should get to sleep now!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip & Run (View Post)
I love Bradley Whitford, but his character wasn't someone I loved. At all. Even when things were normal, he'd just not have time to do things she expressed excitement in like tennis.
I know, I really disliked him for that. It's like he just couldn't be bothered making the effort with her, even though she was his DAUGHTER, and all that mattered were the new family. I get that they were also a new part of his life and what was important to him, but that doesn't explain why he seemed to lose interest in her. He was a bit of an arsehole.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I agree. I mean, the girl is only visiting. I don't remember how many weeks she was supposed to stay there, but you have your other family all the time.

Did you get a chance to watch it yet, Hestia?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Darnit! I still didn't watch it. But I will... I hope I will. No, I will! I'll try and watch it tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Have fun, m'dear.

Warner Bros. Pictures 'The Big Pictures 08' at ShoWest
March 13, 2008

"Under The Same Moon" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals
March 11, 2008

Basketball star Earvin 'Magic' Johnson and actresses America Ferrera (R) and Amber Tamblyn (L) stand together on the stage at a campaign rally by US Democratic presidential hopeful New York Senator Hillary Clinton in Los Angeles 02 February 2008.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, such wonderful pics. She's so cute with Alexis and Amber. Thanks Steph.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I love seeing her and the Sisterhood girls.

What do you guys think about her purple dress? I'm not as big of a fan of that particular outfit as the rest. Her hair and makeup look great, though, so she pulls it off.