Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Alan Dale/Bradford Meade #1: clueless/evil/billionaire/daddy

I looked for this thread on the guide thread and the boards and couldn't find one. I hope this is ok

From tv.com

Alan Dale was born in Dunedin, New Zealand, where, at the young age of 12, he started appearing in his parents' amateur theater group.

After school, he moved to Auckland. He married at twenty-one to a woman named Claire, with whom he had two children. Soon afterwards, he got a job as a radio announcer.

In 1979, at age 31, he got divorced and moved to Sydney, Australia to further his career as an actor. Ten days after arriving, he landed his first television role in The Young Doctors. After three years playing Dr. John Forest, he went on to star in the Australian soap, Neighbours as Jim Robinson for eight years. In 1990, at the age of 43, he married former Miss Autralia, Tracey Pearson.

After his eight year role in Neighbours ended, he and his wife moved to Los Angeles. Since then Alan has starred in a large number of U.S. television programs, including ER, Navy NCIS, The X Files, The O.C. and The Practice, as well as movies such as Star Trek: Nemesis and X-Men.

Two of his children, Simon & Matthew are very famous like their parents. Matthew is a writer, musician and, like his father, an actor. He spends his time in both Melbourne and Los Angeles. Simon Dale, another of his sons, is a radio announcer in the United Kingdom.

I just started watching Torchwood (a brittish show) and it seems he's going to guest-star in season 2 SO he's going to be in two of my favourite shows next season

Icon by onebrightmoment

Last edited by Wynter; 06-10-2008 at 02:48 PM
Old 08-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread, then, Tamara! I don't know who he is but I can't wait till I can see the show here!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

You used to watch OC, right? He played Kirsten's dad, the one who got married to Julie.

A pic of him

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutu (View Post)
You used to watch OC, right? He played Kirsten's dad, the one who got married to Julie.

A pic of him
Oh! Thanks for the pic! Now, I know him!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

In UB he plays a similar character He plays Daniel's father.

I loved the episode when he married Julie and they danced to "Maybe I'm amazed".

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

But he is in the show since the beginning, right?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

In UB? Yeah, he's been on the show since the first episode. Later they introduce his wife (Daniel's mum), who's awesome.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
In UB? Yeah, he's been on the show since the first episode. Later they introduce his wife (Daniel's mum), who's awesome.
She will be a recurrent role in the next season, right? And she has been nominated to Emmys as guest star?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, she'll be regular next year Everyone loves her. Yes, she was nominated and I hope she wins.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too but...who are the other nominees?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know the full list but Salma Hayek is also nominated for her rola as Sofia on the show.

Screencap of Daniel with his parents (credit to Ugly-is-in)

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Funny pic. I'm sure she is an awesome actress!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

You'll find Claire has a problem with alcohol, and tries to drink behind Daniel and Bradford's back

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 08-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the thread. She is amazing and so is Alan. I'm so glad they got him on the show.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You'll find Claire has a problem with alcohol, and tries to drink behind Daniel and Bradford's back
Then, I'm sure she will be one of my favs characters on the show!