Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x13 "In or Out" Discussion Thread

Description: (Jan. 18th, 2007)

Quote:
While Daniel is still suffering from his break up with Sofia, Betty is doing her best to get him back to work and over Sofia. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina decides who will continue to work at Mode once her ambitions to be named Editor-in-Chief are realized.

Last edited by *Stacy*; 02-01-2007 at 03:20 PM
Old 01-18-2007, 06:25 PM
New Fan

Bring back the British Fashion TV personalities!!! They add the right amount of wry humor to their line deliveries. Kathy Griffin was not good, no range and expression.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the ep thread Anji!! Only 30 more minutes for me.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Supreme Fan

That was absolutely one of the best episodes!!!

Daniel & Betty absolutely rocked!!! They are amazing. The whole cast was wonderful & the end WOW! I think it is a first.

I am kind of tired of Hilda & her 'poor poor pitiful me" routine though.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
New Fan

Where do I start? I was thinking how Betty will go back to Mode and that question was resolved easily enough. Daniel just asked her if she would come back to work with/for him. I wish everyone had a boss like him. I see they 'the writers' are already starting to prepare Daniel to be Betty's ultimate guy. I lOVE Henry though. My poor, adorable Henry cannot be just a stepping stone for Betty to reach the love of her life Daniel. I am not saying this is how it's going to be, I just hope it doesn't end up being that way. Even though, Daniel's one of my fav. characters too. I just think and wish that their relationship developed into being best friends even familial just not romantic.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

*Didn't like Alex as Alexis. Nope, not at all. It was nothing more than shock value. And it shocked, but I don't want to cash in the value. *sigh* The real reason, though? I've never loved Daniel more than when he was talking about his brother. *sniff*

*Betty/Henry short-term, Betty/Daniel long-term. That's the plan, writers. Stick to it, okay? Oh, and make sure that if B/H do break up, it's a mutual, sweet thing, that ends in a good, long, friendship, okay? Like the good, LONG, friendship Daniel and Betty will have before they ever even think of getting together.

*Hilda, I'd have felt more sorry for you if you weren't torturing your family and that poor Chinese woman most of the ep. And Justin at the end- oh no! I still love the Suarezs, though. Who doesn't?

*Betty/Daniel interaction...there's nothing I can say. Nothing. Pizze, kareokee, the scene on the bridge. They're both just so damn sweet and I'm going to be re-watching all those bits over and over.

*Good on you, Amanda- for making the right decision in the end, that is. Now you do the same thing, okay Chrisina?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Supreme Fan

I think this show has a long way to go. No one knows maybe even the writers how the relationships are going to go in the future. Sure I have my favorites but I am truly enjoying all the characters. I enjoy Henry too.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was one of the greatest episodes ever. And I didn't think there'd be a lot of Daniel in it based on the previews.

I loooooooved Marc once again. He's freaking hilarious!

Amanda...nasty nasty girl. I think she knows what is really the right thing to do though.

I'm curious if Christina will actually take that package for Wilhemina.

Daniel and Betty were sooooooooooo cute in this episode. It was definitely a bonding episode for them. And holy crap, the way he looked at her for a minute on the bridge??? I'd freaking die. I love how he's slowly becoming a much better person, I justhope they don't do something where he falls for her and she doesn't reciprocate. But I don't think that'll happen, considering how much he seemed to be rooting her on with Henry for the time being.

Hilda...that girl. Goodness. I understand her frustration, but she's got to think before she acts sometimes. LOL.

Alex being Alexis. Sure it's been predicted, but I'm very curious to see what exactly it is they have planned to do with the character. That should be interesting. Sure it wasn't so much of a surprise or shock to those of us who have been speculating, but how it plays out...that's completely different.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a great eppy! Seriously I couldnt love Daniel/Betty any more then I did tonight, they had such great scenes together and I know its too soon for them to hook up but god how I wanted a kiss from them while they were standing by the bridge together. I loved their talk about Henry, I cant wait to see more scenes of him again.
My LJ
Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved th eB/D scenes. They are so cute together.

the Alex/Alexis thing was fine with me. Although the reveal didn't shock me...it was obvious when they showed her eyes in the beginning of the episode that it was Rebecca..or was that just me? i'm a real big Rebecca fan lol. I did like when Wilhelmina stood next to Alexis infront of the mirror.

I loved after Amanda gave Betty her job back when she shoved that woman out of her desk.

And Hilda, i did feel for her when she had that mini-breakdown @ the end. I just love any Hilda/Betty scene
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Daniel + Betty =

I agree, definitely a fave ep...if just for all the massive DB moments!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, some things I didn't like, mainly Alex/Alexis, but D/B and M/A made everything else wonderful.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

This was SUCH an amazing ep.

The D/B moments so wonderful. The karaoke, him asking her to come back, the bridge...just too excellent. I'd like a short-term Henry/Betty thing, and then a D/B OTP.

I LOVED Amanda in this ep. Complaining about the picture, the rolling desk , and of course, for surrendering her position.

Don't really care about the Alex/Alexis thing. I'm curious what she'll bring to the show.

Other stuff: Daniel's tan , felt bad for Christina and hope she doesn't get into trouble, and Marc/Justin...always bring the funny.

Totally proved why it deserved the Golden Globe tonight!

icon
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

wonderful episode.

Betty and Daniel are ... all of their scenes were great. i loved how Betty was concerned for him in the beginning even though she wasn't technically still working for him. they just have such an awesome friendship.

Marc is Awesome. ... lol, when he came into the room "cawing" i was cracking up .

Amanda is Great, even though she was being horrible, she realized what was right in the end.

the Suarez's as a whole are great, i felt bad for Hilda, sure she was being a total slave-driver to her dad and son and that poor asian woman, but she just wanted to make something of herself. i hated that Justin had to hear what she said to Betty though in the end.

i'm not a big fan of Rebecca, so i don't know if i'm going to like her being on there.

R.I.P Brad Renfro [1982-2008]
Old 01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglish83 (View Post)
And holy crap, the way he looked at her for a minute on the bridge??? I'd freaking die.
SHUT UP! I screencapped the hell out of that one! I was literally holding on for dear life! What a look! That Eric Mabius is starting to become a fine actor. He has always been good, but tonight, he did a lot! Physical comedy, sadness, longing, excitement, embarrassment, confusion, etc, etc. And it all seemed so Daniel! He's got it down to a science.

America is a genius, but didn't we already know that? That girl is brilliant and Salma Hayek is brilliant for casting her and having trust in her abilities to make this show work!

Now... Marc & Amanda as evil twins, gold!

Hilda shouldn't say stuff like that inside the house. Justin is getting beat up by both parents and it's not fair to him. He's just a kid. I hope the writers have something juicy for that storyline because it's getting depressing. I felt bad for Hilda but I felt even worse for Justin.

Because of all the speculation I couldn't fully enjoy the Alexis reveal at the end. It's been talked about for weeks now, but still, I can't wait to see how it all evolves.

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 01-18-2007 at 11:38 PM