Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x14 "I'm Coming Out" Discussion Thread

From ABC.com

Quote:
"I'm Coming Out"
Thursday, Feb. 1 @ 8/7c!

It's Fashion Week in New York and Betty is hustling to ensure "Mode's" runway show goes off without a hitch. To Betty's dismay, Daniel offers Hilda a job helping out with the show. Wilhelmina is introduced to a new "cosmetic technique," as Christina prepares for the debut of her very own designs. Marc and Amanda resume their scheming ways in a mission to steal what will be the season's hottest fashion item. Meanwhile, Daniel is moved by his father's decision to hand over the reigns of Meade Publications, when a visit from an old friend coaxes him into his old ways. But nothing can prepare them for the frenzy that ensues when the "Mode" show is abruptly halted by a shocking revelation.
Enjoy the episode! I know I will.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 02-08-2007 at 04:23 PM
Old 02-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Supreme Fan

I can't believe I am the first oe to post ont his epside.

There is so much I can say, but I just keep thinking "WOW!" I did nto expect it at all!

The Ignacio sttuff wiht Constance. The Justin stuff With Willi, that was truly clever. The Daniel/Alex stuff. Hilda/Betty. The Daniel Betty stuff. The ending. WOW!!

I will have to write more later & watch this one again. So much going on. Everyone had a major part of it.

Last edited by 2Nickels; 02-01-2007 at 07:55 PM
Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Fantastic episode from start to finish. I loved all the twists...and Alexis. And also...OMG Hilda/Daniel...I screamed!

kenny | credit
Old 02-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm surprised there aren't more comments on this episode!

The Fabia/Wilhemina catfight stuff was hilarious. So was the beginning with Amanda and Marc at the computer. haha.

Hilda was so over the top ridiculous at some points. And I'm sooooooooo glad that whole kiss thing was due to alcohol and I'm guessing Daniel felt disgusting having found out he almost hit on his brother...sister so he needed to "feel like a man" and Hilda was just trying to get back at Betty. But all seems resolved. I guess Betty storming out in that one pic we discussed was her going after hilda regarding Henry. But all is resolved.

I loved Daniel's response to his stupid guy friend when he mentioned Betty. That was cute. And how he tried to cheer her up at the show.

Alexis...at first when they stormed outside it seemed like he...she was going to be really emotional and civilized about everything. Daniel rightly lashed out about them not being over the incident. Alexis...venomous right now. Next week looks like more venom...but it sounds/looks like they'll work things out?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really liked tonight's ep.

Marc and Willi are so the MVPs...at least to me. Together and separate, they are just amazing! Willi's comment about not needing a duck to quack on her face, I about died. And, Marc having to be her eyes, and his reaction to her taking her glasses off, hilarious!

Justin was too cute! I loved his moments with Willi.

Talk about awkward with Daniel being into Alexis at first...so glad that didn't last long, lol.

Poor Ignacio and Constance.

I love the moments between Hilda/Betty...when they set that woman's hair on fire.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was so great.

I agree Anji, Marc and Willy were amazing. What did Fabia call her? I could not stop cracking up.

I'm cracking up right now reading your thoughts Anji. Just awesome!! Marc had me rolling on the floor tonight.

Justin was superb and it was so nice to see Henry/Betty.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 02-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Though I'm a big fan of Daniel/Betty, Henry is too cute and I wish she'd ditch Walter and give Henry a shot.

That was so odd that Daniel was hitting on Alexis, though I saw it coming. I hated his lecherous guy friend....when he touched Amanda, ewww.

Justin/Wilhemenia....genius. I liked Willi for the most part in this ep, but I wanted to hit her for what she did to Christina. Talk about having a great night, and then it all coming to a halt.

Betty/Hilda have such a great, interesting dynamic. I enjoyed the ep for that alone, and the sibling rivalry is so realistic/funny.

Eric/Daniel's reaction to Alexis...great job. I believed he was genuinely spooked.

All in all, very fun ep.

icon
Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

i loved the scenes with justin/willi..he's a marc-in-training!

and williw gave me a new phrase! "quack-off!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am still loving Willi's 'I'm not ready to have a duck quack-off on me yet.', line.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Passionate Fan

That episode was Wow...It leaves me almost speachless.

I really like the Willi/Justin scenes...sogreat!

Betty and Hilda rivalry kinda reminds me of the one I have with my brother, which is really nice, because if it reminds me of my own it mean it's realistic!

Hilda...Daniel so wrong...I just iddn't like it...but I gues I totally comprehend the whys...Daniel was spooked he was hitting on his brother slash sister...and Hilda needed to get back at Betty.

Henry is so cute. Betty would you Walter Already! I want you with Henry!

And I love all the Betty/Daniel. He has gotten so sensible since the pilot. It was really nice of him to reassure her. I love Daniel!

Icon credit: -louise-
Old 02-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm still in shock over this episode, lol. I either laughing or totally freaking out the whole time- though in the latter scenes with Alexis and Daniel, I felt real, emotional stuff, too, in addition to the freaking out.

Godz, Marz/Amanda, and Wili/Justin are so adorable and gay and faboo and snarky I just can't stand it. Seriously, between the four of them, the enncenticness can barely be contained.

Hilda...I understand her motivations for things and can feel for her on that account, but she's just so ANNOYING about everything. And kissing a man shaken and drunk almost out of his man? Bad idea for anyone, hon, especially when he's your sister's boss.

Henry's adorable, but he's TOO perfect. The endlessness of the cuteness is starting to grate. Nothing against the character or his awesome chemistry with Betty, but I do hope writers realize they've created a Gary Sue soon. All the same, I totally grinned whenever Henry was on screen. Awwww!

Poor Daniel. I can understand Alexis's emotions, and I can understand why she reacted the way she did to "I'm glad to be out from under his shadow", but ow. Is she totally oblivious to what she's putting him through? I do love that she was the only one who called him "Danny", though. Some part of me called that a while back.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I agree that Henry's a little too perfect, but maybe that'll be H/B's undoing later, because I think she likes people with flaws, which may explain Walter. I don't know. But Henry is soooo cute.

icon
Old 02-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I loved this ep.

The Willi/Fabia fight? That was genius. And Willi talking to the maniquin, and then her with Justin? So awesome. Justin is just plain hilarious, but teamsed up with Willi is even better.

Marc/Amanda. Those two are awesome together. I loved Marc at the beginning when he was looking at his screen with the sailors. And him trying to getthe girls dress off. Even better.

Daniel was so completely sweet to Betty. But at least with him kissing Hilda, he's getting closer to it actually being Betty.

Henry! Oh I love that boy. He's so adorkable. I'm glad that the truth about him calling was revealed, at least now Betty can properly choose between him and Walter.

Wow, Alex is really Alex and didn't die?! I would have thought that the mystery woman was Fey, who decided to redo herself and come back as Alex. But this definitely works too.

Cannot wait for the next ep.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I ended up liking this episode more than I expected.

Hilda was annoying at times, but I definitely understand where both she and Betty are coming from. They each have something that the other lacks, so naturally, their sibling rivalry was bound to come out. I'm just glad that they came to some sort of understanding at the end. And thankfully, Hilda has an idea of where her talent lies.

And no surprise about the Hilda kiss - it was made into something more serious than it was supposed to be just for February Sweeps. Good one, ABC. Still, I think that was very wrong of Hilda to kiss Daniel just to spite Betty. Talk about being petty. Naturally, Betty got angry with her sister for what happened, but I'm surprised that Betty didn't lash out at Daniel, too.

Marc and Amanda were hilarious! They are definitely BFF. I could not stop laughing at their antics.

Rebecca Romijin is perfect as Alexis. It's not hard to see the similarities b/w she and Daniel. It'll be interesting to see the Meade's story play out. Now, there's another parallel b/w Betty and Daniel: They both have older "sisters" that they need to contend with.

Becks is just one crazy guy. Definitely fun-loving, but obviously not a good influence for Daniel. Still, he's good for a laugh.

Henry is definitely a sweet guy, but as MoondustWolf pointed out, I'd like to see more of his character. So far, everyone on this show has shown their true character - both the good and the bad - including Betty. So, I'd like to see more of that from Henry.

Surprisingly, I actually thought Walter and Ignacio were funny in this episode. I wasn't annoyed with Walter at all here. Too bad Walter can't stick around as a Suarez family friend without being Betty's boyfriend.

And, of course, being a D/B shipper, I loved how Daniel stopped Betty and tried to make her feel better about her efforts. The fact that he left a beautiful woman (who could've been a potential date, had she not been his brother) just to calm Betty says a lot. Daniel has come a long way since the pilot episode. Obviously, his friendship with Betty definitely ranks higher on his list now.

It was also very sweet of Betty to go directly to Daniel's side at the end of the reveal. With everyone else gawking and taking pictures, it was nice that Daniel received support from a friend.
Betty: "Daniel, I am not dating Henry." Daniel: "Because if you were, I would seriously have to think of getting rid of him...I'm not going to let him break your heart twice, Betty." Betty: "You'd actually do that?" Daniel: "Come on, Betty. You butt into my life all the time because you care about me. Like it or not, I care about you, too."
Old 02-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the part when Betty said to Katherine McPhee that she had the McPhever.

kenny | credit