Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Extreme Fan

The Official SAVE US FROM CAITLIN thread -- this irish chick needs to leave the show

Hi peeps!

This is an UN-appreciation thread for the character Caitlin (a.k.a irish chick, Lucky Charms etc.) of Season 2 Heroes. Before we get the party started, just a few ground rules:

1.) No bashing of the actor/actress. So no personal jabs on Ms.Katie Carr. She's just doing her job and she's just as much a victim of bad writing as we are.

2.)No bashing of actors' physcial attributes. Let's be professional bashers. We are all about the character...the badly written character.

3.) If you are a fan of the character, I have to warn you, this will not be a pleasant place for you. So better leave now before you hurt yourself reading the anti-Caitlin posts. And there's no use defending the character here. SHe's already got her own appreciation thread, so my suggestion is that you just play over there. This place is a haven for those who want her "offed" from the show. We don't want any fan-wars here. Just a place where we can express our wish for Caitlin to leave the Heroes universe.

Now where were we...

Ahh yes, CAITLIN NEEDS TO GO!!

This is one throw-away love interest that needs to fulfill her script destiny...TO BE DITCHED PERMANENTLY and NEVER APPEAR again in any Heroes episode. Granted that we'll most likely see her again, thanks to Peter and his messianic complex (URGh), there is no reason why we can't call for another instance of "disappearance" for her.

I, personally, can no longer stand watching her mindless "love story" with Peter. The writers had her written as a woman who will accept her lover no matter who he is, thinking that this will score as BIG TIME ROMANCE.

Um... no. It seriously rang false. My dislike for her really intensified when she encouraged Peter to NOT open the box. C'mon woman! That hot man could have family you know! Responsibilities!! And then there was her weird reaction to Peter's painting abilities. I say weird 'coz she seemd perfectly fine with his other skills which were actually violent. Dang. She certainly has her priorities straight.

And I certainly did not feel sorry for her when she got caught up in the dangers of Peter's adventures. Serves her right for jumping to bed with a man she barely knows, and who barely knows her. Didn't her momma teach her to know better?

Given those points, I just cannot accept that she continue to be Peter's love interest. A poorly written character that is an insult to the audience's intelligence does not deserve any more screentime.

So if anybody else agrees with me, or have other reasons to dislike this character, please feel free to post and discuss in this thread.

As a little bonus, here's the official "how to kill Caitlin" poll from the NBC forums:

If Caitlin returns...how should she die? - NBC

peek for laughs...or better yet...VOTE!!

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

How do you know she will appear again? Maybe she disappeared for good.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I guess you could say I'm just preparing for the worst.

BTW, do you want her to be gone for good, too?

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Old 11-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well she's already gone in my mind.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffydoo (View Post)
Well she's already gone in my mind.
Awesome! I really admire positive thinkers!

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

I really really like this thread!!!
"People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people."
-Whedon
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

when did we get this thread
Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

i don't know i just saw it in claire_bear2007 sig and clicked on it..

do we have a heroes fanfic thread? or a paire one? we should have one of those and list like all the best fics
"People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people."
-Whedon
Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

I had to ask permission first from one of the mods before I could start. I didn't want to start anything that wasn't allowed. I dread being kicked out of fanforum. It's a haven for me

Anyway, apparently, anti-character threads are allowed. I saw one for Sylar. So why not Caitlin?

arianette... I don't know if anyone's started a heroes fanfic thread yet.

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Old 11-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

well I love this thread! i hope weve seen the last of her!
-Whedon
Old 11-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

oo hehe i didnt even notice it was on your sig

clearly im not observant but at least Caitlin is stuck in the future..and Adam is keeping Peter busy.. im sure Caitlin is the last thing on his mind
Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

heheh, yeah...although I wouldn't be surprised if Adam will use the "caitlin" factor to manipulate Petey boy

Anyway, as long as she stays out my TV screen, that's fine with me. niyahahah

Cesare Lucrezia

soulmates
Old 11-20-2007, 12:41 AM
New Fan

hey, just followed the link from the sig.....from what I saw of Caitlin I didn't like her and I hope she doesn't come back to the show....she got in the way.

but i'm completely paire biased so...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Ahh, a noble thread! THANK YOU!!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

how was caitlin even like important to the plot of the show?? SHE WASNT! KRING: CAITLIN WAS A VERY BAD IDEA BUDDY!!
-Whedon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread