Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteMeGirlie (View Post)
anyone know what the title "Seven Minutes to Midnight" means?
From Wikepedia:

Doomsday Clock

The Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clockface maintained since 1947 by the Board of Directors of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists at the University of Chicago. It uses the analogy of the human race being at a time that is a 'few minutes to midnight' where midnight represents destruction by nuclear war. The clock has appeared on the cover of each issue of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists since its introduction.

Time changes

The clock was started at seven minutes to midnight during the Cold War in 1947, and has subsequently been moved forwards or backwards at intervals, depending on the state of the world and the prospects for nuclear war. Its setting is relatively arbitrary, set by the Board of Directors at the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists in response to global affairs. The setting of the clock has not always been fast enough to cope with the speed of global events, either; one of the closest periods to nuclear war, the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, reached its head and resolution in a number of weeks, and the clock either could not be changed or was not changed to reflect any of this at the time. Nevertheless, the changing of the clock usually does provoke attention, which is presumably the goal of the Bulletin Directors.

The clock was last changed in 2002 back to seven minutes to midnight, after recent deterioration in international relations. Each time nuclear conflict comes closer, it is moved forward. Conversely, the minute hand moves back as world events improve. It has been moved 17 times in response to international events since its initial start at seven minutes to midnight in 1947.

Read more at:

Doomsday Clock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that info, Cin. Interesting stuff.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ok...thanks for the info

I really enjoyed this episode...everything about it, from introducing a new character then the syler killing her. Hiro and his fondness of the new character (forgotten her name), Isaac and his abilities..

really liked Matt's storyline with the radiation dude. another interesting plotline. what im trying to understand is whether Claire's father is really good or bad becasue maybe he is trying to get all the 'Heroes' powers/abilities out into the open so they can use them to stop Syler and this atomic bomb?

Hiro.....NO! he cant be stuck in a picture
Old 11-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbins34 (View Post)
Ok...thanks for the info

I really enjoyed this episode...everything about it, from introducing a new character then the syler killing her. Hiro and his fondness of the new character (forgotten her name), Isaac and his abilities..

really liked Matt's storyline with the radiation dude. another interesting plotline. what im trying to understand is whether Claire's father is really good or bad becasue maybe he is trying to get all the 'Heroes' powers/abilities out into the open so they can use them to stop Syler and this atomic bomb?

Hiro.....NO! he cant be stuck in a picture
Yes, that's what I wanted to know. And how far into the past did he go? I mean, did she die the day after her birthday? Or a few days after?
avaSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sad to say I didn't like the episode that much... I mean, it was good but I felt too many characters were missing. Niki is my fave and Peter & DL were absent too... Those are the most interesting stories for me so I was a bit disappointed.

I'm glad to see Clea DuVall's sticking around, I love her.

And I didn't catch Eden's power at all.

I find Mohinder a lot more interesting now, but they still need to clear some stuff up, his story still confuses me a bit.

Also - Hiro? Awesome as always. And I didn't think about him being stuck in the picture... I thought that was like a proof he changed something and took the pic with the waitress in the changed past. Hm.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Great episode as usual...

I really hope Hiro is able to stop Charlie being killed by Sylar, she was a nice addition to the show so hopefully will be seeing her again, also how sweet the scenes were with her and Hiro.

Mohinder's dream sequences were probably my favorite thing in the episode; even if they did raise even more questions like is that some sort of power that he is? Is the weird child he keeps seeing himself as a boy and so on...

I love it that so many of the Heroes are starting to meet and interact . Eden seems to have a power as well and was able to use it to make Isaac paint the picture

Cannot wait for next week!
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. The fact that some of my favorite characters were 'missing' didn't bother me. This show has a LOT of characters, if every episode featured every character's story we'd only get snippets of each one. It would be impossible for them to develop the characters. Focusing on a few of them at a time...especially in these early stages of the series...gives us a better idea of who the characters are and what their motivations are...and that's what's going to drive the plot and the suspense.
victoriafrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I never really posted on this thread before, but I love this show. Must be my comic book obsession.
I didn’t get to watch it because I had to study for a test and just watched tonight.

I just loved this episode. I am a little worried about Hiro because he was in that photo with the girl in the end. I hope he can make it back and the present isn’t changed too drastically from whatever he does in the past. I do like his response to Ando it was very Peter Parker.

I knew Eden had a power. She is just like the character from “Superman.” I can’t remember his name right now. It would only be hilarious to me if she went into a shadow like “The Shadow.” I would of gotten a chuckle.

What is up with Mohinder? I am beginning to think he has a power, too.

I am not sure about Claire’s father. I mean what does he do? Isn’t he the one who took Matt and Radiation Man? I am so confused.

I still want to know who shot at Audrey and Matt and flew through the ceiling a couple of weeks ago. Was it Sylar?

I can’t wait until next week.

Quarterley Thanks for the info.

"I got moves to make whatdaya want." JL

Jess
Tiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I still want to know who shot at Audrey and Matt and flew through the ceiling a couple of weeks ago. Was it Sylar?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sylar is a safe guess. We still need more info about him though.

And darn, I keep forgetting Audrey's name.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Sylar. Positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDreamy (View Post)
Also - Hiro? Awesome as always. And I didn't think about him being stuck in the picture... I thought that was like a proof he changed something and took the pic with the waitress in the changed past. Hm.
That's exactly what I think, too. I tend to think positively.

On the other hand, he said he would be back in 5 seconds which he wasn't. Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDreamy (View Post)
And darn, I keep forgetting Audrey's name.
Me too. I guess I'll remember it now, thanks to you.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerfan (View Post)

What is up with Mohinder? I am beginning to think he has a power, too.
I'm starting to think the same thing myself but I'll need to watch more before I make an actual theory about what it is.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
CharlieXscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
On the other hand, he said he would be back in 5 seconds which he wasn't. Hm.
I think he just got delayed... It doesn't mean he's stuck in the past or in the picture. Maybe he had to teleport somewhere else (hm, to help Claire?) and not directly back to Ando?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieXscene (View Post)
I'm starting to think the same thing myself but I'll need to watch more before I make an actual theory about what it is.
What if he can see into a person's past or something?

"I got moves to make whatdaya want." JL

Jess
Tiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow, I've never thought of that. It's very possible, since all of his dreams/whatever were from his father's past. It would also make his power a lot different than Hiro's... Travelling back in time just to see what happened and not being able to change anything wouldn't really be that useful when we already have Hiro. But this way, Mohinder could find out anything he wants about a certain person... All he'd have to do is learn how to control his power and use it on someone specific.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
See I'm not sure if it's Mohinder whos responcible for his new vivid dreams or is it the little boy who is responcible for them. If it's the boy allowing Mohinder to travel in dreams than it's the boys power...Not Mohinder... So yeah... I need to watch more before I form serious theory about it.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
CharlieXscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread