Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Heroes: The 'Seven Minutes To Midnight' Episode Discussion [1.08]

'Seven Minutes To Midnight'
Monday, November 13, 9/8c

Summary: While mourning for his father in India, Suresh must determine how to proceed after encountering strange dreams of the past. Niki begins to understand herself. As Hiro and Ando continue their trek to New York, they meet up with an interesting person while stopping at a diner. Peter continues to hunt for one of Isaac's paintings that has been sold, and even enlists Nathan's help. Claire focuses on getting ready for homecoming with the hopes of returning to normalcy in her life. Meanwhile her father is occupied with another hero.

NBC Description: Mysterious forces from all corners of the world threaten the heroes' quest.

episode preview
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait!
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Extreme Fan

that was a good episode, i think that hiro went back a little two far and the father isn't evil, but isn't exactly good either. was the kid that Suresh kept seeing a boy or a girl? i thought it was a boy until the end....

nicki wasn't in this episode
Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
the father isn't evil, but isn't exactly good either.
He reminds me a little of Jessica. He just wants what's best for his child. However, he doesn't care what he has to do to protect her, or who he hurts.
potostfbeyeluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

yeah, exactly
Old 11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Let's see....

Matt finds out that Radioactive Man was done the same way as him(Claire's dad and the Mind-Eraser caught him, and he went missing for two days), and tells him about how he got his mind-reading powers, but they ran out of time before the FBI shipped him off to who knows where. And Matt had been suspended a month w/out pay for punching a superior officer(the same person that spelt with Matt's wife), but Matt's interrupted by Audrey calling him to say that Radioactive Man escaped.

Eden took Issac to wherever Claire's dad has his facility(maybe the same one Matt was taken to?) and got him off the heroin. Claire's dad wants Issac to paint to help him find Sylar(he knows Claire's in imminent danger and knows that Sylar's going to kill her for her powers), and tells Issac about how he adopted Claire. But Issac still can't do it without the heroin, so Claire's dad gets Eden to inject him with it, and apparently Claire's dad found Eden somewhere(the same way he found Matt, Nathan, Radioactive Man, other Heroes we don't know about).

Hiro and Ando meet a waitress named Charlie(played by Jayma Mays from "Red Eye", and she looks great) who has picked up a photographic memory. Hiro and Charlie hit it off, but Sylar kills her. Hiro learns that she was killed the same way as Issac was when Hiro was five weeks into the future, he decides to go back in time to the day before to keep Charlie from coming to work.

Mohinder's in India scattering his father's ashes and starts having weird dreams showing the past with his dad(his dad telling him he's going to America to conduct his research), with one showing his dad being killed by someone wearing a Rolex(?), and this kid is apparently controlling the dreams.

Cool ending with Claire's dad watching her getting ready for Homecoming festivities while being worried about and scared for her, and with Hiro showing up with Charlie in that photo of her celebrating her birthday.

Episode grade: 10/10

Sets up an awesome-looking episode next week. I'm already excited.
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was a little boring, IMO.

I like Mohinder and all, but he dominated the episode. :/ This episode didn't seem all that balanced.

Hiro and Ando are completely hilarious. Hiro/DinerGirl were too cute! I hope he saves her and Claire next week.

Matt just needs to leave his wife. She's so annoying. Btw, does anybody else ship Issac/Eden now? So cute. Hee.

Where was everybody else? We didn't see Claire until the last 15 minutes. Nikki? Michah? DL? Peter? Nathan?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Supreme Fan

This was another good episode...although I wish it at least showed some of the other characters a little.

Mohinder definitely became more interesting this week. Wonder what the deal is with his dreams and that kid he was seeing. Looks like he will continue his father's work.

It does seem like Claire's dad is good and bad at the same time. More good though since he doesn't want to kill the heroes. I wish he didn't have to make Issac take the drugs but he would do anything to help Claire.

Hiro was awesome once again. Him and the diner girl were so cute. I can't believe how she was just killed though! Hopefully Hiro will be able to save her. Was he stuck in the picture or something?

Interesting that the same thing that happened to Matt happened to the radioactive guy. Wonder where he got off to as well. Hopefully they will be able to figure out what is happening to them.

Next week looks like a big one! I'm really excited!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFan (View Post)
Hiro was awesome once again. Him and the diner girl were so cute. I can't believe how she was just killed though! Hopefully Hiro will be able to save her. Was he stuck in the picture or something?
No. He apparently went too far back into the past and was there for her birthday. Unless, of course, her birthday was the day before, but I don't think it was.
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Darn good filler episode. If anyone remembers what happened in the first 15 minutes please fill me in...I missed the beginning.

The highlights:

Matt's scene with his wife was really well done. I dunno why I liked it, but I did. But his wife looks like Katie Holmes and it's a bit creepy.

Hiro! Just...Hiro! He's always awesome. But this time, he was falling in lurve with another Special girl (she apparently learns stuff within milliseconds. Why is she working as a waitress when she could be in Medical school or something? Put that talent to work!).

Claire's cute moments with her father. The final scene, and I couldn't believe it...it DIDN'T feel as creepy as it used to.

Issac Mendez... SOoooo hot when he's all cleaned up. If any of you have seen "Benny and Joon," or know what Johnny Depp looks like (Johnny Depp was in Benny and Joon, hence that reference), then look no further to Issac Mendez for a lookalike. Man. I'm swooning

Newsflashes!
HRG (Horned Rimmed) is not exactly evil, but kind of is...he's controlling and tracking the supers of the world. One of his test subjects died, and left a Super Child (Claire), who he adopted because he and his wife badly wanted a child. He knows Sylar will attempt to kill his daughter next week, and is trying to get Issac to paint the near future so he can save his daughter.

Mohinder finds out he had a sister that may have been special. He dreams/sees how his father was murdered while driving a taxicab, and it seemed like a very physical, non-superpowered death. Big close up on the watch the killer was wearing. Who owns this watch???

His dreams are led by a "Ghost from X-Mas Past" child, who doesn't talk. Later, he finds a file with "Ghost's" picture on it. Name: SANJOG, Iyer. Apparently the breakthrough in research at the time about dreams and knowledge.

SANJOG IYER= S. Iyer = Made me IMMEDIATELY guess it's Sylar

Now, why is Sylar going to Mohinder in a dream, as a 6 year old version of himself? What's his intentions?
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
SANJOG IYER= S. Iyer = Made me IMMEDIATELY guess it's Sylar
Ooooooohhhhhhhh.......
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Addicted Fan

all i could say was that hiro went toooo far.

i can't wait to see more sylar.
Elusive One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I am kinda looking forward to see what happened to Hiro next episode. It was so sad though that Ando counted to 5 and Hiro didn't come back. He looked so worried and upset.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 PM
New Fan

awesome episode. it's great seeing more characters with abilities. anyone else think it was strange when Eden and Claire were looking at each other? Eden being Claire's mother could be a bit of a stretch since i don't know how old she's supposed to be.. but who knows wut other connection they may have besides having special abilities..
BiteMeGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterley (View Post)
I am kinda looking forward to see what happened to Hiro next episode. It was so sad though that Ando counted to 5 and Hiro didn't come back. He looked so worried and upset.
And now he'll probably be hanging around the diner, waiting for Hiro to return, and people are going to wonder why. Or maybe he will go off w/o Hiro? Hmm.

I wish there were more Claire and Niki scenes, but there will be plenty next week! Mohinder's story kind of bores me.

So what exactly is Eden's power? Is it controlling people?
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top