Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Heroes Reborn 1x10 "11:53 to Odessa" Discussion

1x10 "11:53 to Odessa"

The destinies of Noah and Luke finally intersect as Malina unleashes her true power to save those around her. Tommy may need to join forces with his enemy, Erica Kravid to complete his mission. Meanwhile, Carlos confronts his violent past while under the watchful eyes of Matt Parkman. Elsewhere, Ren is tasked with the impossible mission of finding Miko.
PROMO
The Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I'm here to do the live watch! This is the fall finale and the last episode before the holidays.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

7,957 years into the future is how the episode opens up and I'm still surprised with that far in the future.

Malina and Noah relationship definitely has the vibes of how Claire and Noah's relationship was and I guess that is the point.

I love Noah for being a bit skeptical of Luke...
Luke/Malina with those major Peter/Claire vibes during this whole episode. With the whole saving life and destiny talk. Of course no Heroes pairing can ever be better than the pairing TK messed up in Paire but I love the similarity of them.

I love seeing the Haitian back!!! I won't get over it.

Matt Parkman urg.

I loved Noah talking about Claire... why the heck as Peter hasn't got mentioned yet? It's becoming frustrating to me.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quentin and his rotten sister.
Still though... this far in the future? what a shame.

Everytime I see Matt the words that pops up in my brain is "sellout like a little....." yeah. lol
For a guy who can read minds, Parkman shouldn't be this naive.

After everything Noah has went through, his reaction is pretty realistic towards Luke.
Good speech Luke but in the end I agree with Noah decision here...

Good job Miko. lol
Oh the fake Miko reunited with her father and they saw the real Miko.....

There is still some good in Quentin and I'm happy the writers kept that because it wouldn't have made sense for him to be full out evil.

Shapeshifter dude back for this episode. Makes me a bit upset the writers killed off Candice so early in the original series... now back to this episode.

The scene between the clone man and Parkman. hilarious. lol

Wow did Carlos think she was his sleeping beauty queen? A kiss and awake! lol

Damn, so sad we see Micah for the first time in this condition. Poor guy.
Malina goes to save people and they treat her this way. aww so sad.

Question why is The Haitian running? he can stop some people from using their ability. I guess it was a just in the moment thing to do.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

I think we got another parallel between Peter/Tommy both captured by a Company, both couldn't use there powers, and both kept asking about their family. Also loved the Luke/Malina scenes, and does anyone else think Tommy saved HRG.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Tia! Hi, dragonfire!

Okay, a few thoughts:

First, still no explanation of what happened to Peter Petrelli, which is frustrating.

I agree, Tia, I can't believe that after everything he's been through that Matt Parkman would sell out his friends like that(especially Molly, who was like a daughter to him), or that he would believe anything that Erica said. It just totally contradicts his character, and I don't know why they would do that to him. I'm also guessing that Mohinder Suresh did die at the explosion at Odessa on June 13th since there's been no sign of him since. I did like Noah telling Malina about Claire and all of her stubbornness.

Well, after everything Noah has went through, you'd think he'd understand what Luke went through. But you'd also think he'd know that everything happens for a reason, and that there has to be a reason that Luke and Malina found each other. Luke's solar power has to have something to do with the apocalyptic solar event that's happening, and Noah shouldn't have refused to let Luke join them. And speaking of getting the wrong impression, how could those people have not understood that Malina actually stopped that tornado and not created it? Talk about stupid! Luckily, Luke was there to save the day by opening up a can of solar-powered whup-ass on those people who were about to attack Malina. It goes without saying that I'm glad those two are reunited. And no sign of Joanna, thankfully. And what happened to Noah? He just disappeared! Was that who I think it was that teleported him away? I don't think it was Tommy, I think it was Hiro. The last we saw Tommy he was with Miko.

Miko continues to be a kick-ass character here, although it was sad to see her real-life counterpart trapped in the future and connected to those machines. I wonder what will happen to the Katana Girl Miko if the real one wakes up? I liked that trippy scene with Ren and Miko's father in the Kendo dojo. It turned out that there wasn't anyone there at all, just like The Matrix! But wait, how is Ren supposed to find Miko in the future? And is Ren real, or is he also a construct created by Miko's father, Hachiro Otomo, as well? Oh, and I loved it when Miko came for Tommy and told him that she has to rescue the "master of time and space." She's like a female Hiro.

Well, so far we have two characters on this show who aren't actually Evo's at all. Miko, who is actually a computer generated superhuman created by the real Miko's father, and Carlos, who still has no powers. I'm guessing he's the Oliver Queen/Bruce Wayne of the show. El Vengador instead of Batman or Green Arrow. I'm glad that Carlos and Farah were reunited, and that she was willing to save his life instead of sacrificing him to keep Malina safe. Farah probably has no idea where Malina is anyway. And Carlos is actually getting pretty good at the non-powered superhero thing. And I agree, the Sleeping Beauty reference was pretty cool.

Yeah, I can see that Quentin still has some of the guy that Noah knew in the previous reality still in him. But will he be able to save his sister, is the question. Phoebe is still totally on Team Erica, and Tommy seems to be joining Erica's side as well. Good analogy between Tommy and Peter, dragonfire. Perhaps Tommy will just play along like Peter did. And where the hell is Peter, already? No sign of Emily in this episode either, unfortunately.

Well, I think that Missy Peregrym(Candice) didn't want to come back for season 2 of Heroes, Tia. And how ironic is it that she's the ex-wife of Zachary Levi? But yeah, these shape-shifters are really disposable.

I honestly don't really care about Micha, unfortunately. His character never really developed for me. He's one of those "task-specific" Evos who has a power that pretty much serves only one purpose and is then easily discarded, just like Maya in season 2. I'm glad the Haitian is back, and I do seem to remember him running after Peter in season 2 as well, Tia. He has to be within a certain distance for his power to work if I recall.

Damn, now we have to wait until January to see the final three episodes! And I don't know if three episodes will be enough for a satisfying conclusion. I really want this show to get a second season, because I'm really getting hooked on it now. The writing actually seems to be getting better, which is surprising.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

OK...that teaser! Thommy is going to change the past so none of this happened? COOL!
I can foresee Miko "merging" with her real self.
That was Tommy grabbing HRG, right?
I think the Haitian has to touch you to make you forget things, & I don't know if the power dampening part would work on a fully formed clone. Should stop the pieces parts from forming new ones though.
Alex-Missy was married to Zack?! I did not know this.
We have to wait till January for the finale. Arrrrgh!
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Everybody should be aware that Tommy is the one that saved Noah. In less Hiro returned with his powers attached. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
First, still no explanation of what happened to Peter Petrelli, which is frustrating.

I agree, Tia, I can't believe that after everything he's been through that Matt Parkman would sell out his friends like that(especially Molly, who was like a daughter to him), or that he would believe anything that Erica said. It just totally contradicts his character, and I don't know why they would do that to him. I'm also guessing that Mohinder Suresh did die at the explosion at Odessa on June 13th since there's been no sign of him since. I did like Noah telling Malina about Claire and all of her stubbornness.

Well, after everything Noah has went through, you'd think he'd understand what Luke went through. But you'd also think he'd know that everything happens for a reason, and that there has to be a reason that Luke and Malina found each other.

Well, so far we have two characters on this show who aren't actually Evo's at all. Miko, who is actually a computer generated superhuman created by the real Miko's father, and Carlos, who still has no powers. I'm guessing he's the Oliver Queen/Bruce Wayne of the show. And Carlos is actually getting pretty good at the non-powered superhero thing. And I agree, the Sleeping Beauty reference was pretty cool.

Well, I think that Missy Peregrym(Candice) didn't want to come back for season 2 of Heroes, Tia. And how ironic is it that she's the ex-wife of Zachary Levi? But yeah, these shape-shifters are really disposable.

I honestly don't really care about Micha, unfortunately. His character never really developed for me. He's one of those "task-specific" Evos who has a power that pretty much serves only one purpose and is then easily discarded, just like Maya in season 2. I'm glad the Haitian is back, and I do seem to remember him running after Peter in season 2 as well, Tia. He has to be within a certain distance for his power to work if I recall.

Yeah, it's really aggravating me right now and the more they don't explain what happened to Peter, the more I'll keep believing Claire is alive and on the run with him somewhere so I guess it does well for my fantasy. lol

I would hope for Parkman to do a huge double-cross in the finale back to good to fix all of this. I guess he is getting written like this because Matt Parkman is too powerful of a character, if he worked for the good team it'd be too easy for the good side. I mean having the Haitian and Parkman on team good? lol no chance for the Evo hunters... during this episode I was hoping for a Parkman and Haitian scene so Parkman wouldn't be able to use his abilities. I still believe Mohinder is alive until I see a confirmation that he's not.

I ummm disagree. Luke has been good again for like two seconds. I like the character but it would have been out of character for Noah to just trust Luke. Noah is always skeptical of anyone in the beginning. I mean he was suspicious over West during Season 2 and he wasn't even a little bit evil. Especially with what happened with Quentin? I can see him not being open hands right away.

I'm hoping that it will turn out that Carlos has an ability he just doesn't know how to use yet.
Definitely Sleepy Beauty like. lol
Yeah I know about Missy not coming back but it was stupid to kill her off, they should have just not showed her. Her storyline was pointless in Season 2. The writers doesn't need to kill off a character because the actor. [example: Claire Bennet]

Well Micah grew on me pretty quickly because he is one of the few character who's stayed consistent during the whole series and he always wanted to be a hero since he was young and he had such a tragic life, yet didn't complain or let it change his personality, so that's why I love the character and am happy to see him back.

Actually he was working his mojo on Peter, the Haitian was running away towards Peter to erase his memory not to stop his power. Even though he can stop powers, it doesn't mean you can't run from him which is what Peter was doing. lol
I think he probably ran in this episode because it was clones with guns. I think Evan made a great point that the Haitian can't do it on fully clone... probably if he saw the clone guy because all the clones appears, it'll work.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

And what happened to Noah? He just disappeared! Was that who I think it was that teleported him away? I don't think it was Tommy, I think it was Hiro. The last we saw Tommy he was with Miko.

Good analogy between Tommy and Peter, dragonfire. Perhaps Tommy will just play along like Peter did.

I'm thinking it's Tommy sort of like Marty in BTTFP2, remember what Emily told Tommy in 1x6? I'm thinking Tommy/HRG will pull a BTTFP2, and yes there is a lot of parallels between Peter/Tommy.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

going to watch this now with sam~
Old 11-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hrg and mini claire cute
Old 11-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...