Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I don't mind Walmart that much.... plus it's the closes super-store I live by. I've had some problems with the people in the register though
Of course you have. Walmart super centers are too damn big and there's not enough staff to run them properly. One of the top complaints is that there's never enough cashiers, and that's because they have to keep payroll limited to cut costs. Also, I've never agreed with the super center concept. I think the best stores, the ones that are the cleanest, most efficient, and have the best customer service, are the ones that specialize. Supermarkets are the best at produce and grocery. Department stores are the best at apparel, furniture, home appliances, and bedding and bath supplies. Hardware stores are best at hardware, sporting goods stores are best at that, automotive stores are the best at automotive supplies, and electronics stores are best with electronics.

Now, I've seen great department stores that can do a lot of those things, including the sporting goods, hardware, auto, and electronics. Sears, and the now defunct Woolworth and Strawbridge's did that. But having all that and a grocery store as well? Sorry, but that's too much. I really hate those super centers, and Walmart is killing the competitive retail industry. Hell, Target is a lot cleanlier and has better service, to be honest. Like I said, I miss the old days before Walmart became the evil empire of retail.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I lived closer to Target...but I don't. the appeal to the WalMart I still go to was when it initially opened...the city Mall was still there and Walmart was attached to it. The city mall got torn down 4 years ago and they eventually replaced the whole space with separate stores, but you have to walk outside
Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I hate that as well, Dave. I love malls and I hate the idea that online shopping might be damaging them. My Walmart is attached to a mall, but it's a crappy mall. Philadelphia Mills. My childhood mall is the Neshaminy Mall, but the Strawbridge's(originally Strawbridge & Clothier) got replaced by a Macys, which recently closed down, so that's affected business there. And who knows what will happen to the Sears there? At least the Boscov's there is still okay. But that's the mall I grew up on and I love it.

Oh, and this is what happened in my township:

Body Of Joe Vigilante Recovered Following Bensalem Gas Station Explosion « CBS Philly
Old 06-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

a lot of malls love having movie theaters in it.... that also helps the food courts...but yes, malls are going to be extinct in 10 years sadly. If TVs ever go to 100 inches and new movies go Directly to Streaming for a monthly cost.... then movie theaters could go the way of the Dinosaurs as well....
Old 06-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Neshaminy Mall has a huge cinema, Dave. But I do not want malls or movie theaters going extinct. We'll all become a race of lazy asses who never go anywhere and just sit at home watching movies and ordering everything online. That'll be a nightmare.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really hope I'm wrong in 10 or so years about it.... but it's looking bad for small city malls... especially....

Could you imagine different Movie Home Steam Services bidding on New Studio releases Blockbuster movies like Black Panther 5, Jurassic World 6, Avenger 6, Justice League 4....[hope that happens with those future movies], but I still want movie theaters for people...so hope I'm wrong.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See, small cities and suburban areas need malls for that specific reason. Where are we gonna shop and hang out?

Oh God, that would be the death of cinema, and I would really hate for that to happen. Screw Steve Jobs and Bill Gates!
Old 06-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh..I thought only teenagers and 60 plus years old love to hang out in malls when not shopping....and families on the weekend…. sometimes...
Old 06-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought everyone loved malls. And I've already lost the mall video arcades because of the damn Xbox and PlayStation. Must I lose everything?
Old 06-14-2018, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

not everyone likes Malls...malls are for teenagers to hang out, 60 plus year olds who like to walk for exercise and families who like to go to different stores... and also people who just don't like to hop from store to store during the Holidays
Old 06-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really? I always thought that malls were a place where everyone could shop, hang out, eat, and just spend time out of the house. When you live in the suburbs there isn't much to do. It's different when you live in the city.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have over 20 plus years of MALL experience.... trust me...I know these things.... I've been to over 15 malls including the Florida Mall in Orlando.....
Old 06-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Then you know that the mall is an American institution and tradition. Thanks for your sympathy. Getting rid of the mall is like getting rid of apple pie or Disneyland.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not everyone likes to shop online especially with credit card numbers being hacked an online shopping accounts being hacked like ebay and amazon.... so that's the PLUS for Malls
Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't like shopping online at all. I mean for some things, like small stuff, I can understand. Especially if it's something rare. But for most shopping I can't imagine doing it online all the time and never leaving your home. That's how the human race dies, Dave. We let our machines do all the work for us until we become redundant.