Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Extreme Fan

every episode gets better and better!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Zach/Claire! I don't believe that he is gay. I think we're all supposed to believe that he is until they reveal something different.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Loyal Fan

don't get me wrong, i thought it was a really really good episode ... but for this one to be the BIG one i guess i was just expecting way more. i assumed that many more of the 'heroes' would come together to save Claire.

i love Claire and Zach. i don't think that he is gay, and i've love to see them get together. i think the reason that he has reservations about the whole thing is because he's a little unsure if Claire is going to continue to be nice to him and he's probably a little scared of the whole power thing she has. i mean if i was a guy, i think that might freak me out a little about a girl

interesting how both Peter and Sylar thought that Jackie was "the cheerleader" i could understand how Peter wouldn't know for sure and reading that article in the trophy case or wherever would lead you to believe that she was the right one. but i thought Sylar was supposed to be smarter than that. you would have thought he would have known for sure who the right cheerleader was. i thought it was cool how he opened the head ... though it was kinda harsh to just go ahead and kill off that character.

i too wonder if Hiro has been able to save Charlie ... i hated that they didn't really get into that story til the very end and then it was the cliffhanger.

i really hope that Jessica didn't shoot D.L. ... personally i'd much rather see Micah w/ his father instead of Jessica/Nikki ... i think he is better off, so it'd be sad if D.L. was dead.

i that Mohinder found the list of people w/ powers on his dads computer ... looks like he'll be on his way back to NY.

no Greg ... that upset me. he seems to get left out of alot of episodes.

and whoa. Eden. i guess we see what power she has ... i wonder if Mr. Bennet told her to do that or if she's just doing this on her own.

next week looks good, i'm glad that we finally get to see who Sylar is.

R.I.P Brad Renfro [1982-2008]
xstarsgoblue25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

I guessed right about Peter not dying because he absorbed Claire's power. But then, they didn't really go into explaining how saving the cheerleader saves the world.

I liked the part about Jackie being mistaken as Claire because she claimed the heroic act earlier on. It's one of those things where you didn't think it was that important earlier on and then it comes back to mean something.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarsgoblue25x (View Post)
[Font="Verdana"][COLOR="Blue"]don't get me wrong, i thought it was a really really good episode ... but for this one to be the BIG one i guess i was just expecting way more. i assumed that many more of the 'heroes' would come together to save Claire.
Me too, but I understand the wait. If they want to keep the show on the air their meetings have to be gradual.

Quote:
interesting how both Peter and Sylar thought that Jackie was "the cheerleader"
The lesson in this is never take credit for another's work.

"I got moves to make whatdaya want." JL

Jess
Tiggerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Awesome episode!

Just ****ing awesome!

I can't wait to see it again online tomorrow.

I wondered what happened to Nikki/Jessica. So, she's going to kill DL. Crap! I hope she misses or DL pharses so the bullet just goes right through him.

Nathan was a total jackass! Simone brings in the painting and he destroys it!

What the hell?!

Nathan was protecting Peter. After seeing the picture of Peter dying, I can see why.
It was one of the very little times Nathan showed real and actual concern for his brother. But he still didn't have a right to do that!

This is Peter's choice, not Nathan's!

I only saw Hiro a couple of minutes at the end, when Charlie was about to blow out her candles. Good thing Ando saw the picture of him and Charlie on the wall. Now he knows what took Hiro so long. Ando is a good friend, waiting for Hiro.

Finally Mohinder is going back to New York. So he's dad was really protected Mohinder. He didn't want him to get hurt. So, Sanjog is a dream guide or something. It was pretty weird the kid was expecting Mohinder.

I loved how Claire punched that Jackie bitch in the face for making fun of Zach. It's about damn time! It was sad she died though. I loved how Claire was finally able to except herself for who she truly is.

What I loved the most was Peter and Claire meeting for the first time. How freaking was it when Peter died and came back to life, thanks to Claire. He was setting his body back together. Whoa! I just loved how those two interact with each other. I hope Claire can convince the cops that Peter was just trying to save her.

Maybe when Peter is arrested that's when Audrey and Matt show up. I did hear that Matt and Peter are going to meet up in future episodes. Peter will copy Matt's power and they're going to interrogate in each other's heads.

Once again, awesome episode.
Oncer4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Episode didnt go quite how I expected. I figured Peter would be the one saving the day. But I thought either he would out-duel Sylar by taking Sylar's power or he would take Eden's power and defeat Sylar that way.

Since Nora isn't in the main credits or any of the advertisement or publicity figured she was being sent on a death mission and Peter would have to pick up the slack at the last moment.

However him taking Claire's power to heal himself after temporarily incapacitating Sylar was a much more satisfying ending. And it keeps Nora around for a few more episodes which I of course like.

Glad Mohinder is going back to the states. Having hm be in India one episode was good to get a feel for his character. Two was fine but pushing it. Three would get tiresome.

Maybe the police know Peter is innocent and are just arresting Milo for criminally doing that Rocky movie.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 11-21-2006 at 08:55 AM
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

...Good episode

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
CharlieXscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

For all the build-up they gave it, saving the cheerleader was pretty anti-climactic, and since you already understood Peter's powers (and if you didn't, he helpfully explained it to Ando for you) - you know he's going to be killed - but you also know he's going to absorb Clair's powers and regenerate, so he won't be permanently dead (just 'mostly dead' as they say in the Princess Bride). But Peter didn't now it, that he was going to survive by absorbing Clair's powers, and it was extremely heroic to go and save her anyway, all alone, knowing he had zero powers, but knowing he had to try. I figured a group of them were going to come together to save Claire and was surprised it all just fell to Peter to do it.

I was wondering if he'd get a dose of Sylar's powers too, since Sylar seems to powerful, but I guess killing him (temporarily) made that difficult - I think Sylar was killed too and also regenerated. I was surprised, if Sylar is so powerful, that Eden could just disarm him and put him to sleep with... whatever her power is.. the Power of Suggestion? LOL! For a minute I thought she was the real mastermind and he was reporting to her, when he didn't immediately try to kill her. It's always the one you least expect!

Sylar was kind of disappointing too - just a regular looking guy in a hat who could use a shave! LOL! Didn't look evil, just ordinary. Maybe Sylar will turn out not to be the real bad guy, maybe there's somebody behind Sylar who is controlling HIM somebody even worse!

Clair telling her dad isn't that big a deal - he is the one who stole the tape and has watched it already and put it back under Zach's bed - assume it was him, anyway - so if he's seen the tape, he knows about her powers already. Zach is way cute. I don't think he's gay, I think that's just one of the usual nasty insults people give others in high school. Although if he is gay, no big either.

I think if that other mean cheerleader wasn't killed by Sylar, she might have tried to kill Clair herself, to keep her secret - of pretending to be the hero in the fire - a secret. Although Clair would never go to the press to brag about her indestructibility powers! Still, it was very icky and unfortunately that the wrong cheerleader got killed.

Poor Ando waiting in the diner - how many zillion cups of coffee is that poor guy going to drink before Hiro returns. How long is he going to be able to hang out at the diner before it starts looking suspicious? Looks like Hiro's powers, which aren't that under his control yet, sent him back 6 months instead of one day. Can't wait to see the adventures of Hiro and the diner girl with the super memory - I see a 6 month romance happening!

This show is just way cool, and continues cooler and cooler. I think Mohinder is the most boring character (even if he's the best looking). I was also surprised the dream boy was still the same age as in his dream - I figured if his dad had a file on him, it was somebody he'd found years back and the boy was going to be grown up already.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

I think this episode is finding awesome by everyone

I am glad we got this time action and we saw a little more about Sylar and Eden

Claire and Zach are just love and Peter saved the cheerleader.

But I have to say that it was gross when the girl was getting killed.

i o l a.
#.#
midwest skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexdawn (View Post)

Claire and Zach are just love and Peter saved the cheerleader.
That he did.

And may I just say that NBC went all FOX with ridiculous promotion of an episode that was no better, no worse than any of the previous 8. Ahhh! Ticks me off.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexdawn (View Post)

300 you must be out of your mind .

i wanna try to reach it though
Cheeky co-mod.

Jess, Mr. Bennet knows, he saw the tape.

Nikki, I couldn't agree more about Claire/Zach.

Keish, you're right, it was very unsmart of Sylar to go after Jackie. Go figure.

For the record, I loved the episode. I really thought Hiro would make it, but he didn't and it makes sense now. That was just a random thought, I don't really know where to start.

Simone was very supportive and I like her for that, but that's it.

What Nathan did... No surprise. Does he really believe what he's saying?

Mohinder. I'm glad he found the boy and decided to continue his father's work. Not that I'm surprised. Why else would they give him so much screen time, huh? I'm wondering if Eden is on the list of heroes on his computer. I'm dying to know. Either way, it looks promising.

Jessica seems to be pretty determined. I believe she did shoot and... didn't miss her target. Not that I think DL is gonna die. However, when it comes to 'painting the future', I'm really bad. Micah is smart enough to save the entire family, I'm not worried.

Seeing the smile on Hiro's face, I suppose he's satisfied with how far he went. He'll be back to Ando in no time. I'm just curious why he popped out of Charlie's life weeks ago. Some Heroes stuff I guess.

The Peter/Ando scene was priceless. 'All by myself I'm not really anything. Without him I'm not really anything either.' Of course, they're something.

What really surprised me was Sylar. How come he went after Jackie? Unbelievable, but works for us. It was cool to see how he actually 'does' what he does. Gross. Totally. As for Jackie and Claire, I think they would sort it out if they had a chance. Girls can be though like that.

Am I the only one who thinks that Claire actually saved Peter, not otherwise? Well, Peter crossed Sylar's way, so Claire could run away, but still. Not that I'm complaining. Makes me think: Would it happen if Claire wasn't grounded? Maybe Mr. Bennet helped it happen by trying to prevent it by all means possible.

I like both Peter/Claire and Zach/Claire. First I thought the age difference would be significant, but I changed my mind after seeing them together. I suppose she has to come to his rescue again, to the police station. What is Zach hiding? He's not a gay, no way. I hope the only issue he has is what he said about liking who they are. At least I hope so.

Turns out Eden is the most powerful one out of all Heroes? I like that.

I missed Matt and Audrey, but anyway, I loved the episode.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Missed Isaac. Loved the episode though, and am eager to learn more of Sylar. Bring on the mystery and the evilness, even if it is all gray. Loved Eden taken him out with words. Awesome, she's gained points for that. And please let Hiro save Charlie. Please.

Adore Zach. Man and that punch Claire did. OMG. I'm not shipping Claire with anyone... it doesn't see right. Zach's her best friend, and I would like for that to remain (just if she leaves Texas, bring him along for support!) and it would be to creepy for something to go on with Peter. It's just different stages of life for those characters.

The best part of this show is the speed, oh and they say something is going to happen and it happens pretty quickly. (cough take a lesson Lost cough)
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav (View Post)

What really surprised me was Sylar. How come he went after Jackie? Unbelievable, but works for us. It was cool to see how he actually 'does' what he does. Gross. Totally. As for Jackie and Claire, I think they would sort it out if they had a chance. Girls can be though like that.
Chances are Sylar went after Jackie for the same reason Peter was planning to save Jackie... He saw the newspaper featuring Jackie with the story of the cheer leader jumped into a burning train and survived without any harm to her body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav (View Post)
I like both Peter/Claire and Zach/Claire. First I thought the age difference would be significant, but I changed my mind after seeing them together. I suppose she has to come to his rescue again, to the police station. What is Zach hiding? He's not a gay, no way. I hope the only issue he has is what he said about liking who they are. At least I hope so.
He's gay.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
CharlieXscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode, despite the fact that I saw the Peter-dying-but-then-coming-back-to-life-because-he'd-absorbed-Claire's-powers twist coming from the minute he saw the painting of his death. I was wondering if he might absorb Sylar's powers too, but he didn't seem any more superpowered than usual during the fight. I'm not sure if that's because Sylar's powers can't be absorbed for some reason, or if Peter did absorb them and just didn't realize it, but I'm hoping we get more insight into that when we learn more about Sylar. Other stuff:

- I'm not a Peter/Claire shipper, but I loved their interactions last night, and I hope they cross paths again soon.

- Peter getting arrested was one thing I didn't see coming, and I hope it brings him into contact with Matt and/or Audrey at some point.

- The Mohinder plotline was okay, but the whole time it was going on, I was wanting to get back to the Homecoming stuff. Ditto the D.L./Micah/Jessica plot. I hope D.L. survives, though.

- The bits with Ando and Peter were great. Poor Ando; you could tell he didn't want Peter to go save the cheerleader alone. I was sad about the lack of Hiro, but from the looks of it, we'll see plenty of him next week.

- Aww, Nathan tried to save Peter's life. True, it was by destroying Isaac's painting and trying to thwart Peter's mission, but still. Right after he ruined the painting, though, my initial reaction was less about him messing up Peter's mission and more like: "What? I wanted to see the painting!" I mean, I get that you're worried about Peter, Nathan, but there's no need to go destroying a cool piece of art like that. Needless to say, I was very glad when Simone pulled out the photo of the painting.

- On another painting-related note, why would Linderman want a picture of a dead guy spawled in front of a homecoming poster? It's not exactly the kind of thing most high-powered businessmen hang in their offices. Sinister purpose or handy plot device? You be the judge.

So, yeah, very satisfying episode overall. Here's hoping the "Six Months Ago" episode gives us lots of Hiro and sheds some light on the Niki/Jessica connection.
that a broken heart is blind
~*Echo*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread