Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDogg-X (View Post)
Linderman taped Niki and Nathan together, and the tape could be used against Nathan(he's running a campaign based on family values).

Nathan said, "the tape wouldn't be worth much unless I win"(meaning if Nathan loses the election, the sex tape of Niki and Nathan becomes pretty much worthless), then said, "I want my $4 million before I head back to New York." Linderman was giving Nathan $2 million for Nathan's campaign. The hotel owner started to balk, then Nathan said, "$2 million just puts me in his pocket, $4 million makes me a congressman"(Basically, Nathan now holds all the cards until he becomes Congressman).

I hope that explained it all.
It explained a bit, I guess

Lemmie get this straight (because for some reason, the politics and borrowing money and stuff...I just can't 'get' easily. I have no business/money sense):

1. Nathan is borrowing 2 million from Linderman for his campaign.
2. Nathan is expected to repay Linderman the 2 million he borrowed.
3. Linderman decided to lure Nathan into an 'agreement' of sorts to ensure that Nathan will not go back on his word and will repay the money: The 'agreement' is the blackmail. If Nathan does not repay Linderman by the due date, Linderman will publicize the Niki/Nathan tape. So it's an incentive to ensure that Nathan pays him.

4. Nathan, after realizing that he has high chance in winning the election, (well, according to Hiro, he wins), decides he's going to double his asking price. Instead of borrowing 2 million, he will borrow 4 million for his campaign to ensure he wins the election.
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

A little off but you got the general idea

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
CharlieXscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

This was a really great episode!

Loved that Peter is actually discovering what his power is. Loved that Matt got a bigger role as well. Greg is such a hottie.

Amy/Ben - Ryan/Taylor - Rory/Jess - Peter/Claire - Betty/Henry
GodsGirl4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsGirl4Life (View Post)
This was a really great episode!

Loved that Peter is actually discovering what his power is. Loved that Matt got a bigger role as well. Greg is such a hottie.
I don't know what took his wife so long to just jump on him. I love Greg so much! His smile is seriously disarming! He's just pretty.

BTW, your avatar is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I love that scene with him finding the little girl.

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 10-24-2006 at 07:16 PM
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

This show gets better every week. Each episode builds on the previous one and I get more and more hooked.

My favourite throw away moment in this episode was Hiro at the diner. I loved how excited he was to see waffles on the menu. I generally respond in a similar fashion when I see waffles on a menu too.
victoriafrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriafrances (View Post)
I generally respond in a similar fashion when I see waffles on a menu too.
Who doesn't? Waffles rule!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

that waffle thing was really a highlight of the episode

i o l a.
#.#
midwest skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:41 AM
New Fan

Has anyone else wondered if perhaps alter-ego Niki actually killed the people that DL is in prison for and he is covering for her? Just wondered.

Also, it was pointed out that AE-Niki has a tattoo of the helix on her right shoulder but real Niki doesn't - did anyone else catch that?

Was the cheerleader in the painting actually Claire or was her face too obstructed to see?

ARGHHHH - I'm going to have to watch it again to see if I can figure this stuff out!
raka1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1214 (View Post)
Has anyone else wondered if perhaps alter-ego Niki actually killed the people that DL is in prison for and he is covering for her? Just wondered.
That could be, but I think that was before she had this power.

Quote:
Also, it was pointed out that AE-Niki has a tattoo of the helix on her right shoulder but real Niki doesn't - did anyone else catch that?
No I didn't but maybe that is just a mistake a blooper:

Quote:
Was the cheerleader in the painting actually Claire or was her face too obstructed to see?
yeah that is Claire

i o l a.
#.#
Old 10-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I've been saying that since we found out D.A. was convicted for murder.

Quote:
Yup, mentioned it in the 'Collision' episode discussion

Quote:
Yes it was Claire

Quote:
ARGHHHH - I'm going to have to watch it again to see if I can figure this stuff out!
Good luck

Old 10-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

so many mysteries

I just hope that it won't turn out just like LOST. I loved S1 but S2 and S3 I kinda hated

i o l a.
#.#
Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

I'm loving S3 of Lost.

This episode was great. So much happened, and we finally got to see more of Matt. Nathan is by far my least favorite 'Hero', but it was extremely cool when he took off and shot off into the sky. I'm glad they finally are introducing DL too. I was wondering when they were ever going to do it.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

yeah me too I just saw the promo and I think we get alot of DL monday

i o l a.
#.#
Old 10-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

First of all, the whole Hiro/Peter message twist was just ingenious, wasn't it? Both Hiro and Peter seem very determined, I like that. Looks like they're about to meet in the next episode, finally. According to Hiro's message, Peter is supposed to tell him where they meet.

Hiro was so funny in the scenes with Nathan in the diner. Even though I'm sorry Hiro and Ando fighted, but... Ando got to meet Niki and they're back together, so what? I can see something happening between Niki and Ando. She was very nice to him, and he's already... 'attached' to her. And well, Nathan is supposed to win the run, but still, Hiro can change the future.

I LOVE the way Peter/Isaac's story unfolds. Isaac is willing to help Peter out which is pretty amazing considering the whole Simone thing. Way to go, guys.

Claire's father is confusing me. Looks like he wants to protect Claire, no matter what. I can't wait to see what's in order for Brody. And... Sylar is probably going after Claire, that's why Peter has to save her, right? Where is Sylar now?

Speaking of Matt, seems to me he's putting much more effort into saving his marriage than his wife is. Hopefully it's just a matter of time. Once again, it was pretty amazing what he did for the guy in the mall, and once again, he's got to be much more careful.

There are no answers, go home. I'm so sorry that Mohinder doesn't believe Peter at all. I so liked him at first. He better gets involved soon.

Nathan and Niki aren't done yet, huh? I liked their little talk the day after.

Quote:

Welcome to FanForum!

Do you think it was actually Niki who killed those people, not DL? Wicked.

It makes sense. And Micah KNOWS. Wicked.

And yes, she does have a tattoo. The tattoo. Wicked.

I believe it was Claire, it all makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexdawn (View Post)
so many mysteries

I just hope that it won't turn out just like LOST. I loved S1 but S2 and S3 I kinda hated
I don't like S3 either.

Last edited by Pav; 10-26-2006 at 09:45 PM
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

another good ep. Every ep of this show is getting me addicted.