Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2016, 04:40 AM
New Fan

Heroes: Godsend - Fan Novel.

“The feeling… It’s indescribable.” Riley, a scruffy young adult mutters as he recalls falling through a void as the empty space surrounding him ripples with devastation. The powerful wind causes his clothes to rapidly flail around as if even the inanimate items are aware of the impossibility going on around them. Blind to his surroundings, he falls unwillingly, expecting nothing more than a handshake from Death himself. Immediately after this thought, he sees a winged female figure reach her hand out to him, but the blinding light grows stronger until everything becomes silent. As he screams, wishing for it to be over, Riley falls front first onto a grassy meadow, the impact immediately renders him unconscious.

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum! Just a little introduction to me, my name is Adam Sklar, I'm 21 and I live in England. I graduated from university not long ago after studying Film & Television, however I discovered I had a huge passion for writing. I'm currently a video game developer working with a team to create our first independent title. My first proper writing exercise came in the form of a Screenplay for my final major project at university, to which I was granted a first (highest mark/grade) and an award for 'Best Screenplay'. I then thought I'd turn my old idea for Heroes into a fan novel, and here I am! I'm hoping to share my fan novel with everybody here today. I'd like to give a little backstory on it first! Interestingly enough, my project was called Heroes Renatus in 2010 (Alternate, but still acceptable spelling for Renautus - Reborn in Latin) - way before Heroes: Reborn was announced. Here's the proof at DeviantArt, of course! Dated at May 10 2010. Here's an alternate poster from 2011.

When Heroes Reborn was announced, I felt I should change the name of my fan novel. When I found out the company in Reborn was called Renautus, it definitely felt very strange for a long while! I decided to rename my fan novel to Heroes: Godsend (Before the 'Godsend' comic was announced.) Here's its poster and official synopsis.

'The truth will out. Godsend follows 'The Impossible Son' as he embarks on his journey to learn who he truly is and where he comes from. Set in 2011 in England, Godsend surrounds the mysterious Preservation of Eden and the Godsend Device as familiar faces eventually turn up to help the protagonist on his quest to save the world.'

Heroes: Godsend is a spin-off fan story that takes place in England with new characters and the help of some characters from the show further down the line. It follows the story of The Impossible Son, a character who is trying to learn more about his origins, which end up being closely connected to the characters from the show. There are 10 chapters and the current story-arc has finished. I plan on writing extended chapters to expand upon the consequences of the story itself.

I've had some really nice emails and comments for Heroes: Godsend, but other than uploading it to fan fiction websites, I didn't really know how else to get it out there to people so I thought posting it to this forum would be a really nice idea. I don't really know anybody else that likes Heroes so I definitely plan on sticking around! Originally, I planned on making this a fan-made web series when I was young and ambitious, but I knew that would be impossible. I won an award for Scriptwriting in university and that encouraged me to focus a lot on writing, and I knew just where to start. I'm happy my first novel, despite a fan one, is my own personal expansion on the Heroes universe. I've had the idea for this story since 2010 and there's one particular twist in it with the protagonist that I really hope you'll all love just as much as I do. I'll be honoured if any of you decide to give this a read. I'm looking forward to getting to know some people here, and I'm absolutely eager to hear all your thoughts!

Heroes: Godsend can be read on Wattpad: wattpad.com/story/60914112-heroes-godsend

It also has a page on the Heroes wiki: heroes.wikia.com/wiki/(Fan_Creation)_Heroes:_Godsend

There's a reason why the Protagonist goes by 'The Impossible Son' - but revealing his true name would be a spoiler!

There are also two podcasts you can listen to after you've finished the book - One is a summary/review, and the other is an interview with me.

Summary/Review: https://soundcloud.com/rob-southgate...odsend-the-fan
Interview: https://soundcloud.com/rob-southgate...klar-interview

Last edited by Sklarlight; 06-25-2016 at 09:51 AM Reason: Added short excerpt from the intro.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Adam! I'm Alex, and It's nice to meet you! Welcome to the Heroes board and to Fan Forum!

Thanks for posting your fan fiction novel here! They actually have a thread for Heroes Fan Fiction where you should post this at. Usually we explain to new posters that you don't need to create a new thread to introduce yourself or start a discussion, we already have threads for that. I'm sure that one of our moderators will move this post to the Fan Fic discussion thread, but if you want to post anything else, or repost this current post, you can do it on this thread, which is the fan fiction thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f244/heroes-...ible-62784706/

You can also introduce yourself on our introduction thread and give us your information there.

http://www.fanforum.com/f244/list-~-...-6-a-63163023/
Old 06-24-2016, 08:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Adam! I'm Alex, and It's nice to meet you! Welcome to the Heroes board and to Fan Forum!
Thank you, Alex. Nice to meet you too!

Quote:
Thanks for posting your fan fiction novel here! They actually have a thread for Heroes Fan Fiction where you should post this at.
Ah, I apologise for not looking correctly to see where I should post certain things, it's been years since I was part of a forum like this one so I imagine I need to get back into the swing of things! My story is very much filled with new characters and some people have told me that it's not classed as fan-fiction for that reason (despite having some characters from the show turn up) - but I consider it to be, it's fan content after all. I will be sure to post it into that thread you linked me too!

Quote:
You can also introduce yourself on our introduction thread and give us your information there.
I definitely will do, thanks again, Alex.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread