Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 02:23 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Heroes: The 'Better Halves' Episode Discussion Thread [1.06]

'Better Halves'
October 30, 9/8c

Summary: Hiro and Ando plan to continue on their journey to New York, but they are given a tempting offer by a high-roller while still in Las Vegas. The Horn Rimmed Glasses man arranges a meeting for his daughter Claire with her biological parents, with Claire hoping that they can shed some light on her abilities. While at Isaac's, Hiro calls again, and Peter is able to relay future Hiro's message. Suresh returns to India to bury his father, saying goodbye to Eden. Niki receives a surprise visitor at her home.

NBC Description: A long-held dream comes true as a new nightmare begins to unfold.

1.06 preview
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds interesting! I'm guessling DL is the surprise visitor? I hope we'll finally get to see more of him!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Me thinks the title has something to do with Nikki?
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

yeah me too

something with Niki and DL

i o l a.
#.#
midwest skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really can not wait! I've been living towards this all week
Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Only 6 more hours!!!
youandme1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
I really can not wait! I've been living towards this all week
we all did

i o l a.
#.#
midwest skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

YouTube - Heroes -- Trailer -- In the Weeks Ahead

This is a 2 minute video of things that have happened and things that will... A few spoilerish scenes but nothing that will seriously ruin anything for you. There is a scene that supports my theory of who Claires father is.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
CharlieXscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! That little &@%#% had "****** mole" written all over her! Glad to know I was right.

I hope Mohinder had a clue after Sylar's quickie clean up after he called the cops.

*goes back to screaming and watching the epi*
Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Extreme Fan

i was suprised about that, but i guess that makes a lot of sense. thats why she didn't want him to go back to india.

the ending was :o , almost as sudden as lost. i liked the part when the japanize guy says to hiro "you come back from the future..." that was funny.

i can't wait until next week.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Where to begin, where to begin......

Peter answers Hiro's call to Issac and tells him that Future!Hiro gave him the message "Save the cheerleader, save the world", but Issac doesn't know where the cheerleader is. So while Peter and Issac try to get one of paintings that Simone wanted to sell for him, Hiro and Ando get blocked by the poker player, who wants them to help him cheat someone else. But in the middle of the game, someone kills all the poker players(Sylar, perhaps?Edit: it was Mirror!Niki, as she tells Niki later, whose bodies D.L. and Niki eventually walk in on, while Hiro and Ando escape out of a bathroom window. Hiro wishes he had saved the poker players.

Claire gets to meet her biological parents, but the meeting is awkward at best, as Claire doesn't get the answers regarding her healing factor. But her dad gets a call from Eden, who tells him about the stuff Mohinder(who headed back to India to scatter his father's ashes) told her about his encounter with Peter. The man with horned-rimmed glasses gets quite a shock as Eden tells him about the "Save the Cheerleader" message(seeing as Claire's a cheerleader, and is virutally indestructible, save for direct attack to her brain, with the healing factor). But even he thinks Hiro's time distortion ability is cool.

Niki reunites with D.L., but her other self talks through the mirror to her, telling her to watch out, so Niki finds a suitcase full of cash and a gun in the air vents, and D.L. threatens to take Micah with him. So Niki hits him with the briefcase with enough force to launch him into a closet, but D.L. shows how he escaped from prison(he can walk through walls like Kitty Pride), and puts his fist through Niki to KO her, allowing him to take Micah and the money and leave.

Episode grade: 10/10
The show keeps getting awesome.

Last edited by BearDogg-X; 10-30-2006 at 09:12 PM
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode had WAY too much Nikki. I don't like her and she's boring.

Rating - 7/10

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Supreme Fan

While this wasn't my favorite episode it was still really good and I'm hooked.

I remember reading people opinion's that Eden was "evil" but when she called Claire's dad to update him I was shocked! Awesome twist! And then her going to visit Issac. Seems she's making the rounds with all the heroes. And now Claire's dad knows about saving the cheerleader. It seems he hired some fake people to act as her biological parents. Bet her real parents do have powers.

Some interesting stuff with Niki. It was cool to actually see her and her other self. And now we know it was her her killed the crew. Having D.L. back made it all the more interesting. I'm not exactly quite sure what his power is but it's strong! Is Niki dead? I can't believe she would be. And poor Micah having to witness that.

When Hiro found out about having a sword he was too cute. And him being so upset about not saving the people. Wonder if he will be able to go back in time and fix it.

It was kinda weird not having the other main characters in it at like all. Til next week I guess. Can't wait!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

I'm really not digging Nikki's storyline, but that scene when DL's hand goes through her stomach made my jaw drop.

Also, when Eden called Claire's dad. OMG!!! I was soo not expecting that..I actually went all "awww" when Eden and Suresh kissed. Too bad she's with the evil forces.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Creepy dad isn't necessarily evil. Though we have yet to see whether he or Eden find hero brains tasty. Particularly with barbeque sauce.

But now that Eden has "moved on" thanks to Mohinder running off and abandoning his pixie snack we might find out. Particularly if we see her walking around next to him with a large spoon and a hedge trimmer.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 10-31-2006 at 04:42 AM
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread