Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Heroes 4x04 'Acceptance' Discussion

As Hiro's life continues to hang in the balance, he distracts himself with saving the lives of others. Meanwhile, Angela tries to help the new "Nathan" remember his past, at the risk of his remembering too much. Elsewhere, Tracy is determined to get her old job back, but soon realizes that she needs to make more of an impact.

PROMO
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Elenwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally forgot about the episode discussion Thanks Ellie

lips so sweet
hard to beat
lau ◊ twitter| tumblr|
building bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Ellie!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

No problem

I made it 'cause I was trying not to do homework

Whee, I'm so happy it's Monday. Been waiting to get this excited feeling again
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Elenwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG loved this episode. \o/ OMG love this SEASON! -spazz-

Okay...

- I loved all the Claire/Noah moments. Hands down, my favourite part of the episode. I've missed their dynamic.
- Peter and Claire moment? Small, but SO made of win (as always)! About time we got another hug.
- Nathan and Peter! Bromancing it up. I love how Peter thought it wasn't odd that Nathan had all these new powers because it "runs in the family"!
- Nathan telling the truth about Kelly's death? Such a "redeeming" moment for him, someone who's so used to shrouding himself in secrecy.
- Sad lack of our favourite carnies. But it looks like they might get more next episode? Fingers crossed!

And I'm sure I have more thoughts but well... yeah. XD That's what I've got off the top of my head.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

OK, is that Sylar, Gabriel, "Nylar" with Sylar's face, or a blank slate that popped out of that shallow grave? I saw the Webisode, Lydia's daughter isn't Gretchen. But she is a pyrokinetic. Like the mother of a certain favorite Hero of ours? Hmmm...switched at birth anyone? I'll leave with a very dignified...PAIRE HUG! PAIRE HUG!
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode as well. Even the quieter moments were well written and moved the story forward. (Claire/HRG)

I think it was Sylar who forgot he was supposed to be Nathan. I loved how that all was done. I Swoosie Kurtz.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Supreme Fan

I didn't care for this episode. I hated the Hiro repetitive saving of the office worker as well as the boring Claire/HRG get a job conversation. Many questions about Peter: why he doesn't have Samuel's power, but still the speedster; why he wasn't the least curious or suspicious of Nathan's new abilities; and why didn't the compass manifest on his arm when he went to see HRG.

I am curious about Tracy's story and why she started to turn into water when she was upset. Though how can she go so quickly from a cold-blooded killer to wanting to help the people
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

This was good episode better than the first three. Thinking about now i think it was because there was minimum amount of time on the "carnies" and freaky roommate.I won't be suprised to find out she is a carnie or killer swf style.

I am also glad this Sylatnathan is almost over. I think that was the worst idea ever. It was sad that nathan had to die. Nathan and peter had great bro relationship.
poemmimi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Great ep!! I really enjoyed all of it!!!!

-HRG/Claire: Their scenes were cute

- Nathan/Peter: Well at least we know Peter's not completely distancing himself from his brother

-Nathan Alone: I agree that admitting to Kelly's death was a real redeeming moment for him.

-Hiro/Ando: I was kinda scared their scenes were going to be boring, cause like most a grew tired of watching them do nothing but be the comic relief, but they weren't I thought Hiro and his sister crying together was a very touching moment, and somehow, I think as we go along, he will get a little more serious and start being the hero people want him to be

-Carnies: They may have only had a smalll scene but even that was great

-Sylar popping out of the grave: Woah! Did not see that coming. Can't wait to see where they're going with that

-Tracy: Awww. I kinda felt sorry for her, being used like that

-Paire: Of course, this had to be my favorite scene It could've been longer but oh well, at least we got a hug out of it!!
Laura~Halo Agent #2
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I’ll miss you
Until we meet again .
Halo
icon~Elenwyn
LovingLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

I liked this episode, but not as much as previous ones. I missed a few minutes in the end... but love the twist where Nathan gets killed, and his mother doesn't suspect a thing. (Package delivered )

Quote:
Hiro repetitive saving of the office worker.
I found that boring, too. BUT I enjoyed Hiro's interaction with his sister. That was really cute!!

Quote:
Why didn't the compass manifest when he showed his arm to HRG?
Maybe the compass tattoo is only visible when Samuel is nearby. (or some Carnival family member)

Quote:
Why didn't he have Samuel's power, but instead still had the speed one?
He didn't absorb Samuel's power at all. Empathy doesn't simply work by touching someone, you must be wanting that power. Otherwise nothing happens. Besides, Peter doesn't need to touch someone to obtain that power. He just needs to be in near proximity, like what happened with Ted or the Invisibility Guy.

Sylar was able to absorb Elle's power because a) he was connected with her and with himself. b) he desired to have her power. Peter was not eager to obtain Samuel's power or Nathan's.

Quote:
I also did not like that Peter so easily accepted Nathan's new abilities. He didn't seem the least curious or surprised.
I felt, in this episode, that Peter was pretending to be the usual careing son & brother, rather than actually being one. I mean, he also excused himself dimplomatically for not returning Nathan's calls. Bull, because in the past he would have always found time to call family.

Maybe:
a) Peter is actually aware about what happened to Nathan, just not speaking about it.
b) Peter is pretending to not be too interested in the whole "I'm special" issue when he is with Nathan, since he knows what his brother is capable of doing (locking people up in a facility, etc).

Other observations/comments:
- Samuel is a great character! I'm enjoying him more & more. Funny thing, I doubt that "family" he always speaks of is very loyal to him. They seem to be rather scared or just using him... once they find a way out, they'll most likely take it.
- When Claire suggested to find a job of some sort to her father, it felt nice! Finally, some real life issues besides being "Heroes" 24/7.
- It was also cool to have Nathan resurect to life as Sylar after being shot. Cool plot twist!
- Tracy was alright. I'm missing Micah though! Where is rebel????
- Emily Rose was excellent as always!

ETA: I think that tattoo compass is definitely a tracking device, so the family can find each other! (Some other fan mentioned an interesting theory about how mobile phones where not allowed in the family, so that The Company wouldn't be able to track them down.)

Last edited by barelylegal; 10-07-2009 at 06:09 AM
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like your thinking Evan!

And Paire!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

He may have Samuel's power he just has discovered it yet. It's not to strange that he didn't question the "change" in "Nathan's" power, it does run in the family after all (Arthur's' power).
Oldrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Something else keeps bugging me - Peter hugged Claire and Nathan. He took their powers too?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

If Peter still has the same power he had in Fugitives, where he can only hold onto one at a time, then he doesn't absorb others' powers unless he WANTS to. It's a conscious thing rather than an unconscious one.
Reply   Post New Thread