Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

The Genesis Discussion Thread (Heroes Pilot - 1.01)

Genesis - 1.01

As the episode is officially available on iTunes, Mel and I thought we could use a thread for it.

Please do not read through the thread unless you want to get spoiled.

NBC Airdate: 9/25/2006

Discuss away!
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for this thread Pav.

I really enjoyed the pilot. It was very well done.

I just loved the Peter/Nathan stuff. And Peter with his mom was great too. All the characters were really interesting to me.
But i stink at reviews so that's as much as i'm going to say.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

The pilot had bits of nearly all the characters but not a lot of development on individual storylines. Usually, that means bad news for a show but its works for Heroes because the writing and the direction of it mean that the audience want to know what's going, what's going to happen? So many questions that need to be answered surface throughout the episode.

Does Peter have a power?
What is Ali Larter's characters power?

I cannot wait until the season starts!
silvercrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Supreme Fan

I saw the extended pilot at ComicCon in July and Ali said her character would either be a clone of her, a doppleganger, or she could be psychotic. She didn't know at that time.

It has been discussed on other spoiler sites that Peter could be an empath, one who feels the powers in others or even one who can absorb the powers of others whom he is close to.
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Pav - Thanks so much!!! Since it was officially released by NBC for early download I was hoping it would be allowed. Thanks for starting it.

silvercrystal - I agree about not enough development. But, I guess it makes sense since there are so many characters and powerrs and things to delve into. Basically this was just an intro.

Definitely didn't think it was the best pilot I've seen. I don't feel we learned much than what we already knew from all the previews and promos, etc. But, again.....I guess it makes sense. And of course at the end when I saw it was to be continued I was like no!

I'm definitely intrigued by all the characters/powers. Can't wait to see more.

The biggest shock of the ep for me was Peter's brother flying!! Just wasn't expecting it.

I still wasn't thinking Peter couldn't fly at the end of the ep. Maybe he can. Just hasn't had a chance to play with it and figure it out yet like his brother. But, I hadn't heard the empath idea...............that makes sense and i could see that being a possibility.

The Ali thing tripped me out..............I couldn't figure that out exactly. Interesting possibilities though.

I liked and was interested in all the characters.

Definitely going to be into the Peter/Nathan relationship.

I'm excited to see more!!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Where can I download the pilot at???

I think I have seen the pilot on YouTube but I think they might had split it by characters. I'm just trying to see if it's the same one I have already seen.
avaSpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Peter not being able to fly and Nathan flying wasn't huge shock to me. In all interviews and such Milo says Peter thinks he can fly, he never confirmes he can, so i just didn't think he could. Then on some promos it showed Nathan's face at the bottom of the building, so i figured he could fly.

Quote:
It has been discussed on other spoiler sites that Peter could be an empath, one who feels the powers in others or even one who can absorb the powers of others whom he is close to.
That's what i've read. Peter is an empath, but the details of it are unclear. When i think empath i think of Phoebe from Charmed. She could feel people's emotions and know when someone was mad at her. And i think once she was able to use her sister's power (but i can't remember exactly)
I think it'd be awesome if Peter could absorb powers and sense them.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
New Fan

The pilot was supposed to be released on iTunes on September 1st but I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure it's not just my iTunes because I tried on two other different computers. I know a lot of other people who can't find it either.
If anyone has actually succeeded, could they please help?
schmouey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmouey (View Post)
The pilot was supposed to be released on iTunes on September 1st but I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure it's not just my iTunes because I tried on two other different computers. I know a lot of other people who can't find it either.
If anyone has actually succeeded, could they please help?
I'll PM you on this. Welcome, schmouey.

I wanted to add my 2 cents, but something came up. I gotta go.

I'll be back.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Can someone PM me a link where I can see the pilot as well?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

I PMed you, schmouey & avaSpeaks. Please get back to me.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav (View Post)
I PMed you, schmouey & avaSpeaks. Please get back to me.
Thanks Pav!!! I mean we will see the Pilot soon enough.

Since there is no spoiler board for this show, are we posting spoilers for the show here? At least till the show picks up steam, or will a spoiler thread on the Spoiler board get started?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

You didn't answer my question in the last PM.

No, spoilers should only be posted on the Spoilers board. Feel free to start a Heroes spoiler thread if there isn't one. I usually don't look for spoilers, but you can never know.

We're allowed to discuss the pilot here because the episode is officially available on the internet, it's no longer considered spoilers. Not everyone can/want to download it though, and most fans wait for it to air, that's why we want to concentrate all possible 'spoilers' (speaking of pilot) in this thread.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I got a free download card for Heros off of iTunes when I went to the movies the other day, I just downloaded and watched it today.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good pilot. I wonder why there was none of Greg Grunberg's character in it though. He's included in the extra behind-the-scenes and preview programs they include with the download though. I also noticed that in the Pilot as it downloads from iTunes when Peter and the girl (don't rember her name) find the painter guy she call 911 saying he's overdosed, but in the promotional clips and teasers and stuff you can clearly hear her saying someone cut off his hand and in one of them it even showed the blood. I wonder if they thought it was too gruesome so they changed it, or they are just doing that for the download and will show it for real when it premeires on NBC.

I think Ali's character is just sort of her alter-ego...that's how it was explained when I first read about this pilot a while back. Like, maybe astral projection or a really literal interpretation of split personalities? Hm. Peter's powers could be an empath; he is working as a nurse and he told his mom how he'd felt instinctively that his brother had been injured before he'd gotten a call about it. I kind of almost feel like they're setting it up for Peter and Nathans to be adversaries, and not just in a sibling rivalry way.

Hayden's character's powers freaked me out though. Like, they'll cut out the painter guy cutting his own hand off but they'll leave her sticking her ribs back into her torso?

Anyway, I'm definitely intrigued. I want to know what's going on and how these people became the way they are. And hey, now that my Monday and 9 show is off the air, I will more than likely be watching Heroes.
Samantha #121
sick little jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Passionate Fan

i know i should wait for the actually primere on the 25th in a couple of weeks, but i just have to know what's going to happen.

peter's not gonna to fly?!

oh come on!

i wanted to see him fly! but then again, these things are not always right, you know? i mean, they say one thing and later on they change into something different.

so maybe he will fly, maybe be won't, but at least give him a cool power because i would be mad if they didn't.

he's one of the reasons i want to watch the show in the first place.

Up in the sky!
It's a bird!
It's a plane!
It's. . .
Oncer4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread