Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Burnt Toast Cafe[OT] #752:BC this thread is now EVAN's birthday thread LETS PARTY IT UP SUPERHERO STYLE~

Burnt Toast Café[OT] #752: BC this thread is now the ALEX AND PETERINNA PARTAY THREAD WOOT!!!

Last edited by The Darkling; 07-23-2016 at 07:35 AM
Old 05-26-2016, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, and here are the posts from the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well this is something Ok it may be just me but hearing Jay say Hunter took a lot from him it's probably what Batman would say about Oliver/Arrow. Really if
Spoiler:
It seems
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
No real cliff hangers on the Arrow finale except maybe Dig going someplace in his army uniform, if he re-upped I'm pissed!
Flashpoint in the comics not only messed with time it folded the Vertigo & Wildstorm universes into the main DC universe (like Crises on Infinite Earths, Zero Hour, & Infinite Crises before did various universes) son it's possible that the 4 or 5 universes we know about could merge! (Earth 1, Earth 2, "real Jay's" Earth 3, Kara's Earth 4?, maybe 90's Flash since the costume didn't match Jay's costume...oh should I throw Smallville into the mix?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Sorry no not Rip I'm talking about Hunter/Zoom it seems they confirmed he's now
Spoiler:
Oh it may be just me but its weird that after all Barry went through the first thing Iris brings up is them being together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoakin queen (View Post)
DRAGONFIRE THE ONLY thing i like in those spoiler tags is the captain cold thing and its likely to happen that bit at least since captain cold will become a regular so

can legends of tommrow series even exist after what barry did man this **** is confusing but yeah the rest of what u said sounds like bull**** and i hope really doesnt happen and harrison wells better be back somehow in season 3!!

oooo evan ur explaination makes sense harrison wells yeah would have never been killed so we finally get the real harrison wells ok only potentially good thing

god that tiem renemant thing it did make more sense in finale but man can barry really have so many time remenants to do all that evan wtf

when i see those time wraiths i just think of the demontors in harry potter...

hey alex we doing watch tommrow morning? ill pm ya

about arrow,
Spoiler:

guess what guys stephen amell is coming here to aus for ninja turtles 2 premiere and i entered a comp where i might be able to go AND POSSIBLY MEET MY GREEN ARROW DEAD
Old 05-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

I'm thinking Barry will at least get a peek at the universe 2016/2017 post his interference. Violet Bean (Jesse) wants to come back, & if the Earth one version of Jesse's parents didn't die...then the Earth 1 version of her gets a chance to be born!
ETA: They made Captain America a *****ing HYDRA AGENT!!! (I left the U out but it still got edited.)

Last edited by Oldrguy; 05-26-2016 at 09:24 PM
Old 05-27-2016, 01:08 AM
Elite Fan

Ok I was just reading some X-Men Apocalypse reviews from the fans on Superhero Hype, and I still can't get over that
Spoiler:
Old 05-27-2016, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

omg thanks for new thread alex didnt even realise we needed one wow lol

and yes i came out of xmen a jean and scott shipper loved them both!!!! and but i also
Spoiler:

OMG ALEX U WILL LOVE IT FOR THIS REASON SCOTT AND JEAN AND SOMETHING ELSE I WONT MENTION CUZ DONT KNOW IF HUGEKLY SPOILERY

BUT YEAH IT WAS DEFINATELY AMAZING AWESOME SOPHIE TURNER AND EVAN PETERS STOLE THE MOVIE FOR ME FGHJKLGHJKL AND JAMES AND FASSBENDER TOO AND JLAW WAS AMAZING EVERYONE WAS AMAZING
Old 05-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I saw it! I enjoyed every scene with Scott/Jean! I feel like they finally gotten them right. As for
Spoiler:

Last edited by dragonfire; 05-28-2016 at 06:26 AM
Old 05-27-2016, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I've see a couple more videos about DC's Rebirth storyline. Apparently Classic Wally is coming back, Terry Mcginness (Batman Beyond) gets brought back, I already knew Ted Kord/Blue Beetle was coming back...AND...I wouldn't say "the big bad"--maybe "Main Antagonist"--is
Spoiler:
Old 05-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Well on Superhero Hype in the X-Men forums they're having a voting on who is your favorite character in Apocalypse? Jean is leading with 36 votes, after her comes Cyclops with 26 votes, and finally Nightcrawer has 25 votes those are the top 3 with the most votes.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry I was late in posting. I was enjoying the sunny weather on my days off and sleeping a lot. I also went to see X-MEN: APOCALYPSE.

Okay, let me answer everyone's posts:

You are welcome, Lauren! Yeah, I guess we got so into the Bates Motel finale that you lost track of the thread. I didn't mind making a new one. How do you like the OP?

I'm glad you came out of Apocalypse a Scott/Jean 'shipper finally! But it breaks my heart every time you bring up Jean/Wolverine. Even the comics don't go there anymore, Lauren. Old Jean and Scott are dead and have been replaced by young teenage Scott and Jean from the past, who were both brought into the present day. And Wolverine is an old man compared to Jean, so it's really yucky. :suck: Besides, they've got the female Wolverine, X-23, now, and I think everyone at Marvel is sick and tired of love triangles, so no more Scott/Jean/Wolverine. That's over and done with.

Okay, you said I'd love X-Men: Apocalypse for Scott and Jean and... what else? I saw a lot, but I don't know which thing you mean. And I also loved Olivia Munn as Psylocke and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. They were both hot as hell and I wanted to them both.

Hey, dragonfire! You're welcome! I haven't heard anything about Black Canary in Suicide Squad, but they'd better not pull that crap because I'm sick of the DCEU screwing up the CWDCU. I'm still pissed that they kept teasing Hal Jordan on The Flash and Arrow but we still haven't seen Green Lantern yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jay on Legends, dragonfire. He's a member of the Justice Society, and we've already seen Rick Tyler/Hourman. Oh, and I'm sorry I misunderstood. You meant that Hunter Zolomon is going to be Black Flash/Grim Reaper? Is that why his face started decomposing when the time wraiths came for him? And once again, isn't it Rip Hunter's people, the Time Masters' job to fix things whenever a speedster messes up the timeline? You'd think that Barry would already be on their list by now.

Oh, yeah, and you're right that Iris really chose an inappropriate time to bring up their relationship right after Barry lost his dad and then found out that Jay Garrick is his doppelganger. If they're gonna stick to the comics, then is it too much to hope that Reverse-Flash/Thawne will return next season and kill Iris like in the comics?

Oh, and I'm glad that Jean and Scott are leading the SuperheroHype poll. And I've heard that the third Wolverine movie will be Hugh Jackman's final time playing the role, although did they really have to put him in Apocalypse? That was basically just a cameo, and it basically retcons the first three movies if you'll remember that Scott and Jean had never met James before in that movie, yet they now will remember him the next time they see him. Sorry, I gotta call him James Howlett now. Logan just doesn't feel right.

I have to say that I still think that Bryan Singer really doesn't get this material, but Apocalypse was way better than the first three X-Men films, although not quite as good as Days of Future Past. The critics haven't been liking Apocalypse so far, but it could've been worse. Jennifer Lawrence is super-gorgeous and her performance is awesome, as usual. She can act circles around anyone. And Evan Peters stole every scene he was in as Quicksilver, as usual. The "Sweet Dreams" sequence was hilarious. Too bad about Havok, though. But I still don't like that the movies made Alex Summers an original X-Men when it's Scott and Jean who were actually the first, along with Beast, Angel, and Iceman. And WFT is wrong with Angel in these movies? I don't think any of the "Angel" characters so far have been Warren Worthington III, the bratty rich boy. They've had two of them so far, right? They really mess up with his character, although they never mentioned the name of that cage fighter with wings, so it might be a totally different character.

Also, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender were fantastic, as usual. Makes me wish they had cast actors like them in the original films instead of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, whom I still say were too old for Professor Xavier and Magneto. I also liked Nightcrawler a lot, but poor Storm and Psylocke didn't get much to do. Since when is Psylocke a villain? She's an X-Men too, you know? And I didn't get to see Psylocke do much telepathy in the movie. That energy blade/whip that comes out of her hand is actually a psionic blade, not a physical one. It's generated by mind energy, and originally it only sliced through a person's consciousness. But the movie really didn't give Storm or Psylocke much to do, which sucked. Also, in the comics, Archangel was the only one who was an actual horseman of Apocalypse, only it was Warren who was Archangel during the time he had been briefly brainwashed by Apocalypse. The other four horsemen were named War, Famine, and Pestilence, just like in the Bible, and Angel had been renamed Death. Storm, Psylocke, and Magneto were never on Apocalypse's side. That's because the Apocalypse storyline was in the X-Factor comics, not the X-Men(sorry if that confuses you, Lauren. ). X-Factor were Scott, Jean, Warren, Hank, and Bobby, the original five X-Men.

Now, as for Scott and Jean, who have always been my biggest problems with the movies, I do agree they got better treatment in Apocalypse, but I still think that Singer just doesn't get their characters. I still don't see the badass leader that Scott is destined to be, and Tye still has too many "Marsden-mannerisms" for my taste. Also, Scott is supposed to be tall, nearly 6'3"(1.9 meters), but Singer keeps casting these short-to-average guys. Doesn't Singer get that Scott Summers is supposed to be the X-Men equivalent of Captain America? He's the one with the excellent leadership and decision making skills, as well as being a master tactician and hand-to-hand combat expert. He's the leader, so start casting guys who fit that role, and start giving him the appropriate dialogue! Singer seems to want Scott and Jean to be perpetually supporting characters who can't lead.

Oh, and not to nitpick, but why do they keep having Scott reach for his visor to fire his optic blast? It limits his mobility when he can only have one hand free and the other has to do all the firing. He had that issue in the comics until they gave him a palm-mounted solenoid trigger in his glove, similar to the one that Peter Parker uses for his web shooters, which sends a signal to his visor, automatically opening them. Will they ever put that into the movies? And Jean is also much improved in this movie, as she actually looks age-appropriate, but they're still making her a victim. And I liked her and Scott's initial meeting, but we need way more relationship development here. The early scenes where he took her to the movies was good. Poor Jubilee hardly got any screen time except for that one movie, but Nightcrawler was hilarious. But once again, they keep casting no-name actors for Scott, while the other characters get better representation. Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, Evan Peters, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, etc. When the hell will Singer let Cyclops be Cyclops already? He's been on the X-Men longer than anyone other than Jean, and he's one of the lead characters, yet they keep making him and Jean ing supporting characters. It's been sixteen years!

Hey, Evan! Nice to see you rant as well as I do. Yeah, I heard about that BS with Captain America being a HYDRA agent. I can only hope that this is another situation like Superior Spider-Men, when Doctor Octopus inhabited Peter Parker's mind, and that it ends just as quickly. Seriously, WTF is up with Marvel lately? I also wouldn't mind Jesse coming back to The Flash, but what about Harrison Wells? Does this mean that Earth 1 Wells will still be alive? How much is Barry gonna screw up with what he just did? And will it be temporary or permanent? And can it fix the mess that Arrow ended up being this season? Seriously, we need Laurel/Black Canary back, only with a meta-human Canary cry, we need Arrow to get back to how good it was in the first two seasons(only keep the new outfit and the Green Arrow name), and we need Reverse-Flash to return and kill Iris already. Oh, and I wouldn't mind if Supergirl lost its entire cast except for Melissa when it comes to CW because I really didn't like anyone else on that show.

Good news about classic Wally West coming back, Evan! I actually think I heard about that online somewhere. But Dr. Manhattan in the DC universe as the antagonist in Rebirth? Wait, wasn't the entire reason that Dr. Manhattan - along with Rorschach, Night Owl, Ozymandias, Silk Spectre, and the Comedian - were invented in the firs place was because DC wouldn't let Alan Moore use the characters of Captain Atom, The Question, Blue Beetle, Thunderbolt, and Nightshade, that they had just acquired from Charlton Comics after they went out of business? DC bought all of those characters, but only Blue Beetle ever really lasted. But why use Dr. Manhattan when he was based on Captain Atom, which DC already owns? Really, I think that just sucks.

Oh, and by the way, did you see who ended up dying in the New 52 to set up DC's Rebirth? Superman! And do you know who showed up at Superman's death, along with Batman and Wonder Woman? THE POST-CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS SUPERMAN FROM 'THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN" STORYLINE!!! I was like, HOLY !!! He had the black outfit with the silver "S" on his chest and everything! Now THAT is the real Superman, not this NEW 52 crap. If this means that Rebirth is bringing back the post-Crisis continuity then THANK GOD!!! I don't think anyone liked the New 52. There was nothing wrong with post-Crisis DC, it was the best that DC ever got.

Spoiler:
Old 05-29-2016, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Well right now Jean is in the lead, also Cyclops/Nightcrawler is tied, and so far fans has voted for these 3 the most. As for The Flash I think the Speed Force is like The Force from Star Wars hence no Time-Masters, Barry saying the universe is with us, is like Luke saying The Force is with us. Alex did you see the post credit scene? ok Major Spoilers!
Spoiler:
As for Scott/Jean Apocalypse was their introduction just look at Charles/Eric/Raven they didn't fully become Professor X/Magneto/Mystique until later on in the films, also I could care less about the height how the character is written/directed is more important to me, and Apocalypse was the introduction of their relationship so it seems it get more development in the sequels. Really I'm not complaining I'm happy with what they gave us to me this just the beginning of Scott/Jean.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting theory about the Speed Force and the Time Masters, dragonfire. I still find it a little difficult to believe that the Time Masters would consider anything being outside of their jurisdiction regarding time travel. Let's see if Berlanti, Guggenheim, and company expand on this, although their track record lately hasn't been impressing anyone. And Scott is still tied with Nightcrawler? I'd have thought that Nightcrawler would be tied with Quicksilver and that Scott and Jean would be neck and neck.

Yes, I figured out the Mr. Sinister thing already, dragonfire. I didn't stick around for the post-credits sequence, but I read about it online. Remember, I was a teenager when the whole Sinister/Apocalypse storyline was being told in X-Factor and X-Men comics. That's why I've been so critical about how Singer has been handling things, especially since Sinister's entire motivation was to use Scott and Jean's DNA to create Nathan Summers/Cable, in order to defeat Apocalypse... and now that's become redundant, you know? I also wouldn't mind seeing X-23, although I really hope they don't do a Jean/Scott/Laura triangle because I've had it up to here with that stuff. I would've liked to have seen a little of the Scott/Emma thing after Origins, but First Class totally retconned that. It's a shame that they had to put Emma in the 60's before Scott was even born because after Jean died, Scott/Emma actually became pretty popular in the comics.

Well, I'm still a little worried that Tye Sheridan's Scott Summers is still to close to the James Marsden mold, dragonfire. Marsden is as far from Scott Summers as you could possibly get. And the height of Scott actually is important because his tallness reflects his role on the team as leader. It's the reason Wolverine always called him "Slim," and his physicality is part of his character as much as anything else. Remember, in the comics, Scott relies on his strength and reflexes as much as his optic blasts, while the movie always have him just standing still and shooting all the time. Where's Scott's martial arts training? Where's his tactical genius, situational awareness, and split-second decision making skills? And where's his mutant ability to target his optic blasts instinctively, even being able to angle and deflect the beams off other objects? The movies really don't showcase what Scott can do. And I know that this is Scott and Jean's introduction, but it's been sixteen years, and I'm really getting impatient. And even though Charles, Eric, and Raven did take time to develop into who they are, they still got a lot more character development in First Class and DOFP than Scott and Jean did in Apocalypse. They also hired far more accomplished actors for those roles, while Scott is played by an actor no one knows. Even Jean got a better deal with Sophie Turner, but Scott still gets played by guys who really don't embody who he is in the comics, and I just don't think that Singer really gets his character at all. Let's see what happens in the next film, although I'd better see MAJOR improvement with Scott and Jean.

Also, it's not just me, it's also film critics that are noticing how the new X-Men movies are totally screwed up in terms of chronology. This is why I always said that First Class was a mistake, because you can't spread out all these characters across all these decades. I mean, look at the cast! No one's aged at all! Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, and Moira were introduced in the 1960's in First Class, and Days of Future Past took place in the 70's, and Apocalypse is in the 80's, but they all hardly look a day older. The three films all take place over a twenty year period, yet it looks like it could've been just a few months. Quicksilver is still living in his mom's basement in 1983 and doesn't look any older than he did in DOFP. And we're really supposed to believe that Alex Summers and Scott Summers are brothers? Sure, they are in the comics, and Scott is actually the older one. But this is 1983 and Scott is shown to be a high school teenager, yet Alex was in First Class in 1963, and now here he is in 1983 looking exactly the same as he did back then. They painted themselves into a corner having to make Scott and Alex brothers like in the comics, yet not really being able to explain how they don't look all that far apart in age considering Scott wasn't even born yet in First Class. The only person who should be able to get away with not aging is Wolverine.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think you have to worry about Laura Alex Singer pitched the idea of her being in X-Force which will most likely take place in the future, also most likely it will have Cable/Deadpool, and whoever else. As for Scott/Emma in Origins I think Singer wanted to make sure Scott only had eyes for Jean I mean just look at X-Men Apocalypse, also no Alex I didn't know about that I didn't read the comics on a daily basics, I just watched the animated series/collected the action figures. As for Charles/Erik/Raven remember this may be the final time we see these 3 together, also this closes the FC trilogy, and speaking of Mr. Sinister look at this.
Spoiler:
Old 05-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Where are you, Lauren? I had four days off for Memorial Day weekend and you've hardly been around!

Again, those are all interesting theories that you put in your spoiler tags which I won't repeat, dragonfire. So many spoilers. However, I don't know if that actor really fits Mr. Sinister if you know what the character looks like in the comics. I prefer actors that can not only bring a great performance, but that can also sell the characters. That's why Jennifer Lawrence totally owns Rebecca Romijn as Mystique, although I still don't understand why they have her naked all the time. I'm glad they finally gave her a uniform at the end of Apocalypse, although I'd have preferred her trademark white outfit from the comics. I'll be interested to see what Singer does with Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, and Shadowcat(can we stop calling her Kitty Pryde?) in the future movies, as well as Colossus, since he was featured in Deadpool in the present day. See? That's gonna be a hell of a continuity issue, along with the third Wolverine film, whenever the hell that movie is set.

Ummm, I really don't like the idea of X-Force being set in the future. dragonfire. I've already voiced my issues with the X-Men franchise scattering their characters and storylines all over history, messing up their entire continuity and making it impossible for all these characters to co-exist in the same timeline like they're supposed to - not to mention creating issues with characters not seeming to age at all. And as for Scott/Jean, Singer still has to prove to me that he knows what he's doing with their characters. Like I've said, I'll wait to see what happens in the next film, but Scott and Jean had better be in their leadership roles as lead characters in the next movie, as well as having a lead storyline that's worthy of them, because Singer is still the one who pushed Scott and Jean to the sidelines in the first two X-Men films and focused the story entirely on Wolverine, opening the door for Brett Ratner to kill off Scott in the third film and give his entire role in the Dark Phoenix storyline to Wolverine. I still haven't forgiven him for that.

And Happy Memorial Day, everyone in the USA!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-30-2016 at 02:10 PM
Old 05-30-2016, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i was busy MEETING STEPHEN AMELL!!!

HE TOOK A SELFIE OF US ON MY IPHONE!!!

ok wait a sec edit photo was too big lol

Last edited by The Darkling; 05-30-2016 at 05:10 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread