Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Alex I guess I should have done that, also let's not forget Sinister is obsessed with unique mutant DNA, and yes they didn't know it doesn't surprise me besides Magneto the other Horsemen acted like silent footsoldiers. Even Magneto stole the show from Apocalypse, also let's not forget when
Spoiler:
Oh here's some DC news!
Quote:
Following last month’s departure of the formerly-attached Seth Grahame-Smith, Warner Bros. Pictures‘ The Flash movie has today found a new helmer. Deadline reports that the studio has hired Rick Famuyiwa.
Read more at Rick Famuyiwa Will Direct Ezra Miller in The Flash Movie
Old 06-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yeah Alex I guess I should have done that
It's okay, dragonfire. I was just kidding. Evan knows it was a typo.

Yes, it would be interesting if Sinister wanted to create X-23/Laura Kinney AND Cable/Nathan Summers. And I also agree that the Horsemen really weren't given much to do, which is a shame considering that they're all supposed to be major characters. I don't think that the Angel in the movie was Warren Worthington III because I don't know what the rich kid would be doing fighting in cage matches in Europe. So perhaps we'll see Warren again later on. But Storm and Psylocke's portrayals were unforgivably weak, and Magneto's storyline was much better in Days of Future Past.

Oh, and as for what you said about Quicksilver, I'm actually glad they did that. Many people used to ridicule Quicksilver and The Flash along with other speedsters because they didn't know why running fast was so special. But as we know, superhuman speed can do a lot of damage, and can allow a person to do a lot of cool stuff like running on water, running up buildings, outrunning bullets, moving so fast you can nearly stop time or pass through solid objects - or in Barry Allen's case, time travel and cross dimensions. But another aspect of superhuman speed is increased force and power when it comes to striking an opponent. The creator of Taekwondo, Choi Hong Hi, placed emphasis on speed and power in his Theory of Power:

Quote:
Choi based his understanding of biomechanics and Newtonian physics as well as Chinese martial arts. For example, Choi observed that the power of a strike increases quadratically with the speed of the strike, but increases only linearly with the mass of the striking object. In other words, speed is more important than size in terms of generating power.
So that's why Quicksilver can land such a mean blow to Apocalypse. Even though he's not as big or as strong, nor does he weigh as much, Quicksilver moves so fast that the force and power of his blows increase in proportion to his speed, while Apocalypse's blows will remain constant. The hardest that Apocalypse can hit is as hard as he can ever hit, while Quicksilver can hit much harder depending on how fast he's moving. It's like what Barry did when he traveled at supersonic speed delivering a "supersonic punch." At speeds over Mach 1, Barry can deliver a strike that could probably knock Superman down. Also, Quicksilver's speed allows him to evade his opponents' blows while overwhelming them with his own, although you saw how Apocalypse got around that one.

And thanks for the info about the Flash movie! I knew that they lost the previous director, but I've never heard of this new guy.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-03-2016 at 12:42 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yep it would, also what if Cable acts like a father figure towards Laura, and if Domino is in X-Force then I could see her being a mother figure towards Laura. I think that was Warren it wouldn't surprise me if they changed his backstory, since TLS already did the rich boy backstory, and I liked Magneto's storyline in Apocalypse it proved my theory that Erik/Magneto is the Anakin/Vader in the series. Oh on Superhero Hype they're having a favorite movie character poll in the X-Men forums McAvoy/Fassbender is tied with 16 votes, also Mckellan/Tye is tied with 11 votes, and after them Stewart/Evan has 10 votes. Plus Jackman has 9 votes that's right Tyeclops has more votes than Jackman's Wolverine! The only ones ahead of him is McAvoy/Fassbender which is fine, seriously he even has more votes than the OT cast, and he's tied with sir Ian Mckellan! EDIT Guys Ali has passed away.
Quote:
Three-time heavyweight champ Muhammad Ali, who charmed millions with his wit and confidence in the ring and inspired many more with his commitment to humanitarian causes has died, according to the family spokesman. He was 74.

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-03-2016 at 09:52 PM
Old 06-04-2016, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OHHH, LAAAAAAUUUREEEEEEENNNNN????????? Are you gonna answer any of these posts? You're falling way behind.

Okay, here's an article that really hits the nail on the head when it comes to everything that's wrong with the CW/DC superhero shows:

CheatSheet - ‘Flash’ and Friends: How CW’s Superhero Shows Lost Their Way

Spoiler:

Hi, dragonfire! I'm sorry I wasn't here last night. I had a bad headache and wasn't feeling well, so I went to bed early. And yes, I heard about Muhammed Ali. I knew he wasn't doing well when I heard reports earlier this week that his health was bad and that he'd been admitted to a hospital, so I had a bad feeling that something was wrong. It's terribly tragic. R.I.P. to the greatest of all time.

I still don't believe that the Angel we saw in Apocalypse was Warren, because I don't believe they'd just kill him off like that without him ever being in the X-Men. I don't care if they already did the "rich boy" thing in TLS, that movie was horrible, and you could say that they already did the Scott/Jean/Phoenix thing as well in the first three films, but they did it again in Apocalypse, right? I say give Warren his due. Oh, and I didn't say that Magneto's storyline in Apocalypse was bad, just that his story in DOFP was better. They basically just had Erik's wife and daughter killed and him reverting back to Magneto, and they didn't even explore his relationship with Quicksilver. I guess we'll have to wait for the next film for that.

That's an interesting idea about X-Force, but again, I don't like the idea of them being so far in the future and removed from the X-Men. It would seem consistent with Fox's whole thing with spreading the story out across several decades, but that strategy has also created a lot of continuity flaws that I really don't like. I'd still prefer a total reboot of the X-Men movies, but I guess we'll have to wait until Singer and everyone attached to these films finally leaves. And OMG, Tye/Cyclops got that many votes? That's awesome! And I guess Hugh/Wolverine is kind of wearing thin on newer audiences. Wait, where is Sophie/Jean in all this? And I can't believe that Evan/Quicksilver is down by so much.

Speaking of which, I must say that what Fox did with Quicksilver is one of the few changes to the source material that I actually like. Quicksilver in the comics is kind of an annoying ass, stealing Johnny Storm's girlfriend, Crystal of the Inhumans(which I hated, because I loved Johnny/Crystal in Fantastic Four), marrying Crystal and having a kid with her, only to leave her a divorced single mom. She and Johnny tried to reconcile, but things didn't work out. And then there's Pietro's "questionable" relationship with his sister, Wanda. His inappropriate closeness with her was only implied in the main Marvel universe(and never acted upon because I think Wanda would've knocked him on his ass if he tried it ), but the Ultimates clearly showed they were in an incestuous relationship, which is one of the many reasons I loathed the Ultimates. It was just a horrible comic book universe filled with dysfunctional, unlikeable, and neurotic superheroes. I'm glad they finally got rid of it. I think Joss Whedon's Quicksilver in Age of Ultron was totally wasted, and was clearly more influenced by the Marvel Quicksilver. But Bryan Singer's Quicksilver is a totally relatable, lovable loser who plays video games, lives in his mom's basement, and is phenomenally portrayed by Evan Peters. He's a Quicksilver you can actually like, which is a miracle.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-04-2016 at 03:32 PM
Old 06-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about Quicksilver to be honest I'm getting burn out on Avengers movie. Ok Alex here's a update on the votes Fassbender is leading with 25 votes, next McAvoy has 24 votes, and Evan has 19 votes while Tye/Stewart is tied with 16 votes. Oh earlier I was watching Jurassic Park such a marvelous movie. EDIT ok I found this thing on C/Net its called ranking the mutants in Apocalypse. Scott got ranked 6th place, while Jean got ranked 5th place, oh I liked what they said about Scott/Jean.
Spoiler:
They beat the Original Horsemen, Havok, Beast, Apocalypse, Mystique, Magneto, Professor X, Jubilee, Wolverine, and Angel. The ones that beat them was Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Storm, and of course in first place is Quicksilver!

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-05-2016 at 06:25 AM
Old 06-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad we agree about Quicksilver, dragonfire. I think Marvel squandered a great opportunity to have a speedster in the MCU. Oh, and did you hear that Marvel got the rights back to Namor, the Sub-Mariner?

Awww, Tye is tied with Stewart now? So where is Sophie? Oh, and thanks for telling me about C/Net. I saw their ranking, although I think that they put Storm way too high. She shouldn't have been above Cyclops. But I did like that Scott and Jean were in the top six. I wasn't surprised that Quicksilver was in first place. I was surprised how high Psylocke ranked.

I saw Jurassic Park, but I thought the book was way better. The movie kind of disappointed me to be honest, because I was hoping it would be much closer to the novel. The novel was like Westworld meets The Andromeda Strain, and it was one of Michael Crichton's best stories. I think Spielberg really doesn't do the techno-thriller stuff all that well. Michel Crichton isn't a crowd pleasing storytelling for kids. He does dead-serious sci-fi thrillers, and Jurassic Park was way smarter(and more violent) in the novel. The movie practically changed everything, and it cut out the most exciting part, when Dr. Grant had to face off against three velociraptors armed with nothing but a syringe of drain cleaner and a couple of dinosaur eggs. He had to trick them into eating the eggs after injecting them with the syringe. And there was a lot of stuff that got cut out of the movie that made the story make more sense. The movie was more like a kiddie ride. And they also reversed the two kids: in the book, the boy was the older one and he was the computer expert as well as the dinosaur expert. His little sister was the cute, younger one, and she actually got along really well with the baby dinosaurs.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

The Cheat Sheet & Mary Sue articles have said pretty much what we've been saying! Sorry I've been away, I had early shifts this week & have been groggy from allergy medicine. The Titians TV series on TNT has apparently been killed in favor of another movie...which is the probable reason Arrow can't use Deathstroke!
Alex, Thanks for 'defending' me. Although you have made statements lately that make me think you are older than I thought you were, I in all probability am older than you."Oldrguy" (leaving out the "e" to look like a "handle". It's just what people did back then.) I chose as a user name because when I started posting...gosh 9 years ago...I determined that was overwhelmingly 1. Female (not completely this board even had a male Mod back then) maybe a 3 or 4 to 1 margin & 2. Young. I'm talking teenagers & women in their early to mid 20's! (Again exceptions.) I selected the name to let people know they were getting a different perspective. When people started asking me my age I was reluctant to give it--still am--because I felt (still do) that I might be deemed "un-relatable" if they knew how much of a difference. It's a bit of a sticking point,some people think I'm young, some have thought I'm older than I am...Jasmine once wondered that because I referenced Boris Karloff, really movies from before you or even your parents or grand parents were born are some of the best ever made people!...I even had one person who-must-not-be-named accuse me of being a predator! (That wasn't fun!) I used to admit to "middle age" but since the last time it came up was 7 or 8 years ago...I probably can't really claim that anymore. I guess it depends on how you define it, if by middle you mean close to twice the age you are now at the end...well...while possible...it isn't-very-likely!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Evan! It's okay, I've been sick and had to be away from FF before, so don't worry. It's a better excuse than Lauren has lately.

Aww, man! WB and DC are really being a pain when it comes to what characters they'll allow on TV. Now they've killed off Titans? This is just WB and DC paying the price for falling behind Marvel and now they're playing catch up. And Arrow can't use Deathstroke anymore? WTF? That's bull And I'm glad you agree with the article I posted. Did you follow the link to The Mary Sue? That article really nailed what Arrow did wrong with Laurel.

Hey, Evan, don't worry about it. I totally understand where you're coming from because I feel the same way. I was really reluctant to tell Lauren or anyone else how old I was when I first came here, and like you, I appeared to be younger than I actually was to a lot of people. I don't know how old you are, but you can't be too much older than I am since I'm old enough to remember the 80's. I've referenced the same kinds of stuff that you have(I've seen nearly every single Abbott & Costello movie ever made when I was a kid because I watched them in reruns on local UHF stations). And don't feel bad, okay? I'm sorry some jerk or whoever accused you of that. That's out of line, and no one hear would take that seriously. People like that just think that sites like FF are just for kids and girls, and anyone who doesn't fit that category must have something wrong with them. That's why I was so hesitant to talk about myself too much when I first came here. And for me it's not just FF, it's also the people I talk to on YouTube as well. So don't worry, okay?
Old 06-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

No I didn't know Alex thanks for telling me now Marvel just needs the Four, also as of now Sophie is tied with Jackman/Mckellan with 16 votes, and right now Tye has 17 votes while Stewart has 18 votes. Evan still has 19 votes, also McAvoy/Fassbender is tied with 26 votes, and ten years ago IGN had a top 25 X-Men list Cyclops was ranked number 1!
Quote:
Cyclops
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #1
Powers: High-intensity, continuous optic blast

The student has become greater than the master. That's the nature of the world and so to is it with the X-Men Universe as Scott Summers has surpassed Xavier to become the greatest X-Man. A heavy burden was placed on his shoulders as a young man. He was chosen to lead a team of mutants on a crusade that would likely determine Homo Superior's place in the world.
Oh ten years ago Superhero Hype had a voting in the X-Men forums who loves Jean more? Scott or Logan? Scott beat Logan with 76 votes, Logan only had 31 votes, and almost every comment was people saying its Scott.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lauren still hasn't posted, and I'm feeling blue from missing her.

You're welcome, dragonfire! And while I wouldn't mind seeing the Fantastic Four back with Marvel, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. Fox is still planning another movie, so we'll have to wait a little longer. I'm in no rush because I'd rather see an Invaders movie with Captain America, Sub Mariner, and the original Human Torch. I've always been more partial to Jim Hammond than Johnny Storm because Jim's got the cooler red & gold costume, he's more powerful, and he's Marvel's first superhero.

Thanks for all the X-Men rankings! It's a shame that Tye and Sophie are still ranked below the others, but hopefully that'll change after the next movie. And that's great about Cyclops' ranking at IGN! I'm glad he's finally getting his props. And that's good news about Scott and Jean winning the Superhero Hype vote as well.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

No Kinberg wants to do another one I think FOX wants to stay focus on making X-Men related films, also looking at the votes besides Stewart Tye has more votes than almost the entire OT cast, and Sophie is tied with Mckellan/Jackman out of all the new characters in Apocalypse Tye/Sophie is getting the most votes. As for the SHH vote really I think almost everyone knows Scott loves Jean more he's been loving her ever since 1963, also it seems the person who made the poll was a Logan/Jean shipper, and after it was made almost everyone started saying its Scott. EDIT Oh I almost forget did you noticed in Apocalypse
Spoiler:

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-06-2016 at 02:35 AM
Old 06-06-2016, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

peterinna yes iw as waiting for u I MET OLIVER QUEEN SQUEEEEEEEE

its pretty sad scott and jean had to send their son to the future

alex and peterinnas bday soon

i thought xmen apocoplypse was the last of the xmen movies?

i actually do understand ur elder explantaion thanks alex! the runner sounds awesome!!!

i ateleast remember comic con alex i will have to look back at our picture with jas but its on my other comp

wow sorry i saw this late will go introduce myself now hehe

the orange hair girl wouldnt let me she be tough yo need to work out so i can shove ppl the **** away and man alex but just think all the money ive spent going to america and how that coulda gone to a car for myself or like money put down on a house or something

i dont know if i will meet borrowman cuz a photo with him is 70$ thats so expsnsive and im low on cash this week but i think i will get david anders autograph or photo!

omg im so sorry alex im seriously going back to read sorry i lied about that last week but i really do wanna see ur xmen movie thoughts and i promise i will!

charles and erik make x men first class and thats basically all the characters i care about the mostest in that movie so whatever though would have loved jean in that movie so so much

i think brie larson as captain marvel would be amazing

i still really wanna see that movie the room with her

and alex we will be doing a the room watch instead of whispers jk~ ok but forwhsipsers watch i do have to admit my next 3 weekends are practically booked out by oz comic con and bdays

oldguy yeah that actually doesnt sound right like u have to include the r always its not right on this board lol

i think everyone should use laurenglish and spread it around

**** how si there a whole nother page of ff posts i missed u guys get really busy
Old 06-06-2016, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Well in a way it is sad but there is a twist and it involves Rachel Summers.
Quote:
She trained one of her followers to travel back in time and bring her "brother" Nathan forward in time when he was infected with a techno-organic virus. The Askani cloned Nathan in case he was not able to survive the virus. Apocalypse's followers attacked the Askani and took the clone (who would later become the supervillain Stryfe), leaving Rachel critically injured. Hooked up to life support, she drew the minds of Scott and Jean into the future, as "Slym" and "Redd", to raise Nathan and tutor him in the use of his powers.
No this isn't the last X-Men movie its just the end of the First Class trilogy.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, one can only hope that we get FF back to Marvel, dragonfire. I'd still like to see The Invaders as well, if possible. I'd actually like to see Cap, Namor, and the Hammond Torch in the Avengers, but Marvel never does what I want. It would also be cool to see Spitfire in the Invaders as well, if for no reason other than to hear people say, "What's Firestar doing there?" FYI, Firestar's outfit from the 80's Spider-Man cartoons was based on Spitfire, but the two were different in that Firestar created flame, while Spitfire was a speedster like Quicksilver. She was so fast she left a trail of fire behind her, hence her name. And yes, I did notice that after Apocalypse found Xavier and knocked down the wall of the building, it was Scott who stood out in plain sight as Apocalypse approached. That was awesome, especially when Beast and Scott jumped down to take on Apocalypse. Hank and Scott were always close in the comics.

LAUREN!!! You finally posted! And why do you get to go to so many Comic Cons and I don't? But you're right, you probably could've bought a car or a house by now. I'm glad you remember me from SDCC at least. We were gonna go to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner but it was too busy, so we went to another restaurant for spaghetti, remember? And you insisted on paying for a cab back to your hotel instead of taking the SDCC bus for free. I still think you should've knocked that ginger girl out of your way. You're a tough Aussie. Wow, they charge that much for Barrowman? But it'll be great if you can meet David Anders!

They should teach Laurenglish in school, huh? And I forgive you, Lauren. Just please go back and catch up on all of the posts I made, including my X-Men review. I'll repost them later if that helps. Oh, and you might wanna check out the article I posted on what's wrong with the CW's DC shows. And don't worry, we can do The Whispers watch whenever you have time, there's no rush. I've never seen The Room, so I don't know much about Brie Larson. And thanks for introducing yourself to our new poster. I haven't seen much of First Class to be honest, but I agree that Fassbender and McAvoy are way better as Magneto and Xavier than McKellen and Stewart. And Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan were way better as Jean and Scott than Janssen and Marsden.

And yes, Arinna and I both have our birthdays next Thursday, June 17th! I'll be waiting for presents.

Yes, Scott and Jean actually had two children, although Rachel Summers is actually from an "alternate future timeline," which is the Days of Future Past timeline. It's actually Rachel who sends Kitty Pryde's consciousness back to the present-day to stop the Sentinels from taking over the world, but the movie changed it and made Kitty Pryde send Wolverine's consciousness back, even though Kitty can't really do that. Rachel is the telepath, and she inherited Jean's powers and Phoenix force, but the movie couldn't use Rachel because of ing X-3: The Last Stand killing off Scott and Jean, so they had to give Kitty a "secondary power," which made no sense. Nathan/Cable is Scott and Jean's other child, but like dragonfire said, Rachel brought them into the future to raise Nathan.

I'm glad you understood my explanation of the Elders, Lauren. Yes, The Thanos Quest graphic novel had Thanos either tricking or challenging each of the Elders of the Universe in order to get the individual Infinity Gem each of them had. Here are all of the Elders:

Cort Zo Tinnus / The Trader
En Dwi Gast / The Grandmaster
Father Time
Gilpetperdon / The Runner
Kamo Tharnn / The Possessor
Maht Pacle / The Obliterator
Ord Zyonz / The Gardener
Rubanna Lagenris Quormo / The Caregiver
Seginn Gallio / The Astronomer
Taneleer Tivan / The Collector
Tath Ki / The Contemplator
Tryco Slatterus / The Champion of the Universe
Zamanathan Rambunazeth / The Explorer
The Architect
The Judicator

Only five Elders had Infinity Gems - The Collector had the Reality Gem, The Champion had the Power Gem, The Gardener had the Time Gem, The Runner had the Space Gem, and The Grandmaster had the Mind Gem. The cosmic superhero Adam Warlock(I've told you who he is so many times already) had the Soul Gem, but as I said, after he absorbed his own soul into the gem it fell into the hands of The In-Betweener, a cosmic being who was created by two of the great Cosmic Powers of the universe - Lord Chaos and Master Order, who represent the cosmic dichotomy of order and chaos, positive and negative, etc. The In-Betweener was created to be a fusion of both sides, creating a balance, hence his name. Marvel writers are weird. Anyway, Thanos got the gems from all of them and made the Infinity Gauntlet, which is what I think the MCU should've done because what they're doing instead makes no damn sense.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Guys Superman is going to appear on Supergirl!
Quote:

Superman to Appear in Supergirl Season 2!

Not only is Supergirl season 2 set to air on The CW this fall, but the girl of steel will be bringing along her famous cousin! The CW has officially announced that Superman will appear in Supergirl season 2.

“Greg Berlanti, Ali Adler and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. “Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!”

Read more at Superman to Appear in Supergirl Season 2!
Here's some Marvel news
Quote:
The cast of director Jon Watt’s Spider-Man: Homecoming continues to expand today as Deadline confirms Heroic Hollywood‘s report that 14-year-old Michael Barbieri has been cast in a mystery role. Michael Barbieri, who also recently joined the cast of Sony Pictures‘ massive Stephen King adaptation The Dark Tower, is best known for his feature film debut, Ira Sach‘s Little Men. The drama made its debut at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and is set to hit theaters August 5.
Read more at Michael Barbieri Joins Spider-Man Homecoming - SuperHeroHype
Closed Thread   Post New Thread