Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Alex It seems Singer is saying after Apocalypse he's done directing X-Men films so the next one may be directed by someone else. It seems Wolverine 3 takes in 2023 since Stewart is playing Charles, also X-Force taking place in the future makes sense since Cable is from the future, and who do you think they will cast to play Cable?
Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

So that's what you look like, Lauren? I've never seen a picture of you before! Did you tell Stephan that we want BC back? It was an event to promote Turtles wasn't it?

I went to X-Men last night, pretty good. I'm assuming the continuity errors are due to "Days of Future Past" time changes. I couldn't wait till the end of the titles to see the teaser scene (I really had to go to the Men's room! ), my nephew had to tell me. Why didn't Hugh get screen credit?

Alex, I think the only difference in the Supergirl cast is that Calliista is going from regular to reoccurring. She doesn't want to move to Vancouver for several months of the year.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, dragonfire! So Singer is leaving the X-Men franchise? Great, we all know what a wonderful job they did with Scott and Jean the last time Singer was replaced. We got X-3. I just hope whoever replaces Singer does Scott and Jean justice, although I'd prefer that Fox dump the Singer-verse altogether and reboot the entire franchise. And again, I really don't like the idea of X-Force being in the near future because like I've said, the X-Men movie continuity is messed up all to hell as it is. X-23/Laura is supposed to be the new Wolverine in the new X-Men team in the present day. And Cable also time-travels to the present day to meet his parents, Scott and Jean. I don't have anyone in mind to play Cable right at the moment. Can you think of anyone who would fit the role? I just hope that when Hugh Jackman finishes playing Wolverine and they conclude the current X-Men series that they do a total reboot rather than dig the hole any deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoakin queen (View Post)
i was busy MEETING STEPHEN AMELL!!!

HE TOOK A SELFIE OF US ON MY IPHONE!!!

ok wait a sec edit photo was too big lol
OMG, where did you meet Stephen Amell, Lauren??!! And how do you get to meet all these famous people and I don't? Okay, I'll forgive you this time. But you need to post here with me so I don't end up missing you all the time. And could you reply to some of these posts when you get the time?

Hey, Evan! Yep, the X-Men continuity is totally messed up due to Fox's decision to do First Class, just like I said. The smart thing would've been to just reboot the entire series and not try to continue the Singer-verse, but they've painted themselves into a corner. Notice how everyone from First Class is virtually ageless in the 1980's in Apocalypse? And I'd prefer the entire Supergirl show get rebooted if they're gonna be in the Arrowverse, but I still probably won't watch.

Oh, I've got an even better pic of Lauren, Evan. Here's one she took years ago before I met her at Comic Con. Isn't she adorable? She's such a tiny little thing you could almost put her in your pocket and take her with you. And the weird thing is that Lauren and I have similarly shaped eyebrows.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I've been told they are doing "Old man Logan" for the next--& final--Wolverine movie. It will have to be 'tweaked' as it involves several characters that Fox doesn't have the rights to..Hulk especially...the ending of this movie must not relate to it, but one of the others.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old Man Logan, huh? That has a definite sense of finality to it, Evan. I wonder who they'll recast the role of Wolverine with? I'm hoping they go with X-23.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

It seems Singer is not leaving for good he's just taking a break from directing them, also the films does needs some fresh blood like I know a lot of fans are getting tired of Kinberg's writing, and I wonder if Cable is going to be like Rip Hunter going around the timeline recruiting the members for X-Force? Here's some news
Quote:
Production is already underway on Marvel Studios‘ upcoming and highly-anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but details are light on the 2017 sequel. JoBlo has now managed to gather some of those and bring them to the surface, namely the central villain of the film.

The outlet reports that Ayesha, aka Her/Kismet/Paragon, will be the antagonist of the film, which brings up a noteworthy piece of character trivia: Ayesha was created by a group of scientists and named “Her” as a replacement to their first experiment, “Him,” which ended up being the superhero Adam Warlock. In the source material, Ayesha would go on to seek out Adam Warlock so the pair could start a new perfect race of beings together. Could the film be setting up the previously-speculated theory that Adam Warlock is Peter Quill’s father, setting up the confrontation between Ayesha and the Guardians?

Read more at Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok Details
Quote:
In other Marvel news, JoBlo offered some more details about Thor: Ragnarok, revealing that the “road trip” aspect of the film is regarding Thor’s journey to find a weapon that can stop Ragnarok (the end of all things in Norse mythology). The outlet also notes that Thor will be sporting a shaved head for at least part of the film and that Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie will have a very different appearance in the film from her comic book basis, by decorating her face in war paint.

Finally they note that aspects of the movie will incorporate elements from the long-rumored Planet Hulk storyline wherein Bruce Banner’s green alter ego is battling it out in gladiatorial games. They reveal that Jeff Goldblum’s Grandmaster will be the one behind these games and that The Hulk will sport the fan-favorite armor from the comic book story line.

Read more at Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok Details

Last edited by dragonfire; 05-31-2016 at 11:27 PM
Old 06-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

um alex where the **** did u get that pic from om **** get it away i hated that haircut lol wait u have pyrmaid shaped eyebrows too cool i hate them

and evan yes it was an event to promote ninja turtles and no i failed us with bc it was so quick premiers are so chaotic i did not get to tell him what i wanted to say and i wasmeant to also mention a hi from stephen mod too i failed big time BUT I GOT MY SELFIE THATS ALL THAT MATTERS AND I WAS SO CLOSE TO HIM I DIE AND

and thankyou for forgiving me alex u should see more then me being in america but then i guess tephen is candian so mwhahah

also might be meeting john borrowman at oz comic con next week

arrow fiesta~

but yeah thats me i look a bit a freaky i think in the pic stephen has too much perfection so i feel really ugly next to him lol

theres also this pic i found i am the one on the end face half cut off looking cray excited right behind the orange haired girl

oh **** i didnt stick around for whatever the teaser scene was at the end of xmen i should know by know all marvel movies do it did u see it dragonfire its prolly on utube right?

sucks callista wont be on supergirl as much but i hope that makes the shippers stop shipping cat and kara so much on tumblr they are tainting their relationship for me too much lol

oooo so cable is scott and jeans son interesting but also alex did u see the latest xmen yet cuz i dont think ull want the whole franchize rebooted after it

im really really replying to **** tonight and tommrow i jsut realised how behind i was in posts i promise gonna read back this thread and the last and actually reply have fun with my essay replies later lol

supergirl can never be rebooted i love that show too darn much!!! and alex FIRST CLASS IS MY FAV XMEN MOVIE BEWARE OF UR IMPENDING POSIONING :RANT:

hulk will be in an xmen movie? and how can wolverine get old..

i cant wait for guardians sequel wearing my i am groot tshirt rn hehe
Old 06-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoakin queen (View Post)
i was busy MEETING STEPHEN AMELL!!!

HE TOOK A SELFIE OF US ON MY IPHONE!!!

ok wait a sec edit photo was too big lol
You met Oliver Queen?!

Last edited by BL.Arinna_1982; 06-01-2016 at 02:16 PM
Old 06-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yes its on Youtube but seeing it on the big screen was great, also yes Cable/Nathan is Scott/Jean's son he was born in the present, and because of a Techno-Organic Virus he was sent to the future if Scott/Jean didn't do that he would of have died. Later on he traveled back to the past as a grumpy old man? also it seems Singer may have hinted that Apocalypse transfer his mind to Psylocke's, and let's not forget Charles did the samething in X3. If he did then it makes sense because in the comics the one destined to defeat him is Nathan Summers aka Cable. I think the baby is Hope Summers.

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-01-2016 at 03:40 PM
Old 06-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I just hope that whoever does the next X-Men movie does justice to Scott and Jean, dragonfire. And how many more X-Men films are they gonna make? Seems like they're getting close to the end of whatever cycle they're currently in. Interesting theory about Cable, although I do kinda wish that X-Force were in the present-day because I'd prefer X-23 to take over the mantle as the new Wolverine like in the comics. Oh, and about Apocalypse transferring his mind into Psylocke? I really would hate that because she's supposed to be with the X-Men. I assumed that she'd eventually take her place with the team like Storm did.

Thanks for the news from Marvel, dragonfire! I'm really glad that Adam Warlock will show up in the next Guardians movie! I do think it's funny when they say that Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie character "will have a very different appearance in the film from her comic book basis, by decorating her face in war paint." Are they sure that's the only difference? Her character going from being a Viking goddess to African-American is probably a pretty big regional difference as well. I think it's ironic considering how angry people were when they cast white actors to play Egyptian gods in 'Gods of Egypt.' I've also heard that issues with the Chinese government is the reason why Marvel has been casting Caucasian actors in normally Asian roles like the Mandarin and the Ancient One, although I think that's a lame excuse. It's interesting that they're combining elements of World War Hulk into Ragnarok, but I do get worried when they try to combine different stories which are out of context together. Remember Batman v Superman?

Oh, and Jeff Goldblum is playing the Grandmaster? You know why that pisses me off? Because Benicio Del Toro played the Collector in Guardians of the Galaxy, and now they're introducing the Grandmaster in Thor: Ragnarok. So the MCU is acknowledging that the Elders of the Universe exist, and those are who Thanos got the Infinity Gems from in the comics! So why the hell didn't they just have the Elders have the Infinity Gems instead of making the Tesseract the Space Gem(totally illogical) and Loki's scepter the Mind Gem? The way it worked in the comics was the Collector had the Reality Gem(and had no idea what it was), the Gardener had the Time Gem, the Champion had the Power Gem, the Runner had the Space Gem, and the Grandmaster had the Mind Gem. Adam Warlock originally had the Soul Gem, but after he "died" and absorbed his own soul into the Soul Gem, it fell into the possession of the cosmic being, the In-Betweener. Thanos had to steal all of the Gems from these individuals to create the Infinity Gauntlet, which was a much more interesting story than what the MCU came up with. I assumed that Marvel just decided to not introduce the Elders at all, but now that the Grandmaster has shown up, they really just should've done it like it was in the comics. And this only makes me even more pissed off that Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are being cut out of the Avengers because they deserve to be in this storyline.

Quote:
Just to clarify for Lauren, the Elders of the Universe are a group of alien beings who are among the oldest beings in the universe, Lauren. Each Elder is the last surviving member of their individual race and species, and as such they are extremely powerful and immortal, and each one has dedicated themselves to a particular hobby or pastime that fulfills them. Champion is a warrior(he looks like a red, alien version of The Hulk) and dedicates his entire life to fighting in combat and wars anywhere and everywhere in the universe; the Collector, well, that should be obvious, he collects rare cosmic artifacts; the Gardener tends a garden filled with the most exotic plants in the universe; the Runner is like The Flash times a thousand, and basically just runs around the universe exploring and making mischief; and the Grandmaster is a lover of games of chance and strategy, and loves to not only play games, but involve other powerful beings in his games of competition. The Contest of Champions is a comic that pits different characters in the Marvel Universe against each other, and the Grandmaster is the one who organizes them. Understand, Lauren?
Umm, Lauren? You gave me that pic of you, remember? It was a few years ago, but I still have it. That's how I recognized you when we met at Comic Con, remember? Please tell me you remember me from Comic Con, because your memory seems to be very short. Do you not remember what my eyebrows look like?

Oh, and we have a new poster on the board, Lauren! her name is Chloe91 and she just introduced herself on the Sylar/Elle thread. Could you please introduce yourself and welcome her to the board?

Aww, you look adorable, Lauren. Don't put yourself down. I've seen you up close. Oh, and even though I live in the USA I never have time to do all the cool stuff you do. I don't have much money either, so I'm really envious of you getting to meet Stephen Amell. And you're gonna meet John Barrowman too? And you should've butted in front of the orange haired girl so they could get a better shot of you.

I think I told you about Mister Sinister and his plot to use Scott and Jean's DNA to create their son, Cable/Nathan Summers, Lauren. But if Apocalypse isn't around it kinda defeats the purpose a little. You can read dragonfire's post for more details. And yes, I saw X-Men: Apocalypse and wrote my review if you even bothered to read my posts, Lauren. Go back and read what I wrote about the movie. I'd still like the X-Men franchise rebooted because I think it can be done better and closer to the comics. The current franchise is totally messed up and has all the characters scattered all over the place. And Wolverine can grow old because he lost his regeneration power in the comics, Laure. That's why the series was called "Old Man Logan." He caught some kind of virus that killed his regeneration ability and he started to age. The disease was also killing him, although I forgot what it was all about.

No, Lauren, Hulk won't be in an X-Men movie because Fox isn't allowed to use The Hulk. But the Hulk was in the Old Man Logan comic book series because those two have been old rivals for a while. And I really hope you find time to reply to all these posts, Lauren, because you need to catch up. And First Class is your favorite X-Men film? Well, for me the "first class" will always be Cyclops, Jean Grey/Marvel Girl, Iceman, Beast, and Angel, because that's what was in the comics. The First Class movie only had Beast, and then a whole bunch of characters like Banshee, Havok, Mystique, Emma Frost, Moira MacTaggert, and others who weren't even introduced in X-Men comics until years later, so you see why I think the X-Men franchise is all messed up. And I didn't even know you liked Supergirl, Lauren. Not my favorite show, to be honest.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-01-2016 at 04:22 PM
Old 06-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

I think we will be getting X-23 because-
Spoiler:
Old 06-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

FOX will keep making them until the money runs out, also I think X-23 will be called Wolverine in the X-Force movie, and it seems originally Charles was a horsemen but at the last minute they changed it to Psylocke Munn even said Singer/Kinberg didn't even know Psylocke could read minds until she told them. Alex it didn't say Adam Warlock was in it, also Oldguy that wasn't
Spoiler:
Captain Marvel may have been casted it seems it may be Brie Larson.
Quote:
Variety is reporting that the recent Academy Award winner has entered early talks to play Carol Danvers and that she is the current frontrunner for the role.
Read more at Captain Marvel Star Found? Brie Larson is the Rumored Frontrunner

Last edited by dragonfire; 06-01-2016 at 07:14 PM
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
FOX will keep making them until the money runs out, also I think X-23 will be called Wolverine in the X-Force movie, and it seems originally Charles was a horsemen but at the last minute they changed it to Psylocke Munn even said Singer/Kinberg didn't even know Psylocke could read minds until she told them. Alex it didn't say Adam Warlock was in it, also Oldguy that wasn't
Spoiler:
Captain Marvel may have been casted it seems it may be Brie Larson.
I guess I misremembered, it was second hand after all. You left out the "r" in my user name! If it helps call me Evan. Brie Larson's kind of cute, I'll have to imdb her.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
You left out the "r" in my user name! If it helps call me Evan. Brie Larson's kind of cute, I'll have to imdb her.
Sorry I didn't see it ok I'll call you Evan Brie Larson played in the Room which got her a oscar.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, Lauren... I'm waiting for you to post here so that we can get caught up. We also have to figure out when we're gonna do The Whispers watch, if you have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Sorry I didn't see it ok I'll call you Evan Brie Larson played in the Room which got her a oscar.
So you're gonna call him Evan Brie Larson from now on? Sorry, you really should put a period at the end of a sentence, or all kinds of fun stuff could ensue. I torture Lauren all the time for her grammar. And shame on you for calling Evan "Oldguy!" He's "Oldrguy," meaning older than others on FF. He's probably no older than I am. And I guess Brie Larson might make a good Carol Danvers, although I always envisioned someone a little taller. I hope they make Mar-Vell her boyfriend and have him pass on his mantle to her.

Hey, Evan! Hey, dragonfire! Well, if Stryker is taking Wolverine's blood then he could possibly be developing X-23/Laura Kinney, or perhaps Sinister will do it for him. Sinister doesn't really need Wolverine's blood, he needs Scott and Jean to create Cable, so X-23 might just be a bonus. And they'd better have Adam Warlock in the next Guardians movie, dragonfire. He's way too important to the story. You need Warlock to take down Thanos, and Warlock is also a member of the Guardians. I kinda think Marvel got the idea for the new Guardians of the Galaxy comic from the short-lived Warlock and the Infinity Watch comic series, which was Adam Warlock, Gamora, Drax, Moondragon, and Pip. They just got rid of Pip and added Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot, and made them the new Guardians, although I don't know if Moondragon is still around.

Are you ing serious, dragonfire? Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg didn't even ing know that Psylocke was a ing telepath? What did they think the "PSY" in "PSYlocke" meant? And that energy weapon she projects from her arm is supposed to be a psi-blade, which is a construct made of pure telepathic energy; it's not a ing lightsaber and she can't make it into a bullwhip. See, this is what I'm talking about, dragonfire. Singer doesn't know what the hell he's doing, and watching him stumble through making these X-Men films is excruciating for me. I could do better in my sleep. And also, Psylocke is supposed to be part of the X-Men, so I don't know why they're making her a villain. She also had a thing for Cyclops a while back before his relationship with Emma Frost. I really do hope that X-23 makes it into the X-Men movies, because I love her as the new Wolverine. I never understood why they only gave her two blades on each hand instead of three, though.