Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2016, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Burnt Toast Cafe[OT] #745: bc this is the place for all DC universe talk

Last edited by The Darkling; 02-18-2016 at 02:17 AM
Old 02-17-2016, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ok gonna look at posts from previous threads next post but for now i really have to say that flash ep was freakin awesome AND WHO IS THE GUY WITH THE IRON MASK THINGY TAPPING THAT MORSE CODE THING U GUYS MUST KNOW SOMETHING FROM COMICS TELL ME

oh and alex ur getting something from me soon BC U GIVE THE BEST CARDS IN THE UNIVERSE
Old 02-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

He was tapping out "Jay", so either he is Jay or Zoom is! From the future? Parallel universe?
Old 02-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
He was tapping out "Jay", so either he is Jay or Zoom is! From the future? Parallel universe?
I'm thinking he is the real Jay while the Jay we been seeing is E2 Hunter Zolomon/Zoom posing as Jay.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Lauren! But there's only one "K" in "talk," so you might want to fix the title.

I'm glad you finally got my cards! Aww, thanks, Lauren. You don't have to.

I was thinking the same thing, Evan and dragonfire. That guy in the mask might be the real Jay Garrick. But then who's the guy on Earth 1? And didn't Zoom pull Jay back through the breach? So why wouldn't he be the real Jay? I'm so confused.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

But then who's the guy on Earth 1? And didn't Zoom pull Jay back through the breach? So why wouldn't he be the real Jay? I'm so confused.
Remember when it look like RF beat up Wells in 1x9? but it turned out it was just a speed mirage trick Zoom/E2 Hunter Zolomon? could of done the same thing.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Perfection of Velocity 9 made stealing Barry's speed unnecessary?
ETA: Arrow...they've been ripping off Batman comics...now it looks like they're ripping off Gotham!

Last edited by Oldrguy; 02-17-2016 at 11:26 PM
Old 02-18-2016, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that doesnt sound good lol

and why does my spelling always catch up with me

thats so confusing like ok if his the real jay who is this dude and why did he need to pretend to be jay? maybe he stole that guys jays speed in the first place and experimented with it on himself then got sick then is using caitin tomake him that velocity 9 then he runs bye bye ok gone

no i dont think that

but like why woul jay steal the real jay's identity?
Old 02-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

You can not write a response on your phone during your break at work!
Anyway, on TV Zoom appears to be a combination of the 4 "other" Reverse Flashes, The Rival (an enemy of Jay Garrick) a speedster who took a early version of Velocity 9 to temporarily gain speed, Zoom/Hunter Zoloman, Cobalt Blue Barry's twin brother who was stolen by their attending doctor & given to someone else because the doctor was responsible for their son's death (they didn't know & I think it's the Thawns!), & Inertia a evil clone of Bart Allen who stole Bart's speed force & killed him! (He got better.)
Old 02-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Happy belated birthday laurenbella
You're my, my, my, my...Lover
Old 02-19-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dreamer (View Post)
Happy belated birthday laurenbella
Hi, Tabs! Thanks for wishing Lauren a happy birthday. It was late, but Lauren forgot yours last month and she has to make it up to you.

You need to wish Tabs a happy birthday too, Lauren. And I'm sorry I keep mentioning your typos, Lauren. But you graduated uni so I know you're actually smart. Your fingers just type faster than your brain. Oh, and you still need to close the old thread, Lauren.

That's an interesting theory, dragonfire. But would they really just copy the same thing they did in season one with the "speed mirage" thing? I think it'll be something different.

What is Arrow ripping off of Gotham, Evan? I don't watch so I wouldn't know. I wish I had time to watch that show. And I agree, Zoom is kind of all the other Reverse-Flashes mixed together, with the name "Professor Zoom" shortened to just "Zoom." Although using Hunter Zolomon on Earth 1 does point more to the Zoom that was Wally West's enemy in the 1990's post-Crisis era. And can I just say how much I loved that opening scene with Zoom running across Earth 2's Central City leaving messages all over the place for someone to bring him Harrison Wells? That shot of Zoom crouching on the roof of that skyscraper like a gargoyle tossing those flyers over the streets against the backdrop of the city skyline made him look like a combination of Batman and The Flash. That's what I love about this show, it gets everything right. It's dark, dramatic, and gritty when it has to be, but it's also humorous and lighthearted the rest of the time, and it perfectly captures the essence of the source material like a comic book come to life on screen. That's the way these adaptations should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoakin queen (View Post)
thats so confusing like ok if his the real jay who is this dude and why did he need to pretend to be jay? maybe he stole that guys jays speed in the first place and experimented with it on himself then got sick then is using caitin tomake him that velocity 9 then he runs bye bye ok gone

no i dont think that

but like why woul jay steal the real jay's identity?
Okay, now I'm even more confused.

Oh, here's the trailers for the next episodes of The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. The Flash one is my favorite.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-19-2016 at 08:46 PM
Old 02-19-2016, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Tabs! Thanks for wishing Lauren a happy birthday. It was late, but Lauren forgot yours last month and she has to make it up to you.

You need to wish Tabs a happy birthday too, Lauren. And I'm sorry I keep mentioning your typos, Lauren. But you graduated uni so I know you're actually smart. Your fingers just type faster than your brain. Oh, and you still need to close the old thread, Lauren.

That's an interesting theory, dragonfire. But would they really just copy the same thing they did in season one with the "speed mirage" thing? I think it'll be something different.

What is Arrow ripping off of Gotham, Evan? I don't watch so I wouldn't know. I wish I had time to watch that show. And I agree, Zoom is kind of all the other Reverse-Flashes mixed together, with the name "Professor Zoom" shortened to just "Zoom." Although using Hunter Zolomon on Earth 1 does point more to the Zoom that was Wally West's enemy in the 1990's post-Crisis era. And can I just say how much I loved that opening scene with Zoom running across Earth 2's Central City leaving messages all over the place for someone to bring him Harrison Wells? That shot of Zoom crouching on the roof of that skyscraper like a gargoyle tossing those flyers over the streets against the backdrop of the city skyline made him look like a combination of Batman and The Flash. That's what I love about this show, it gets everything right. It's dark, dramatic, and gritty when it has to be, but it's also humorous and lighthearted the rest of the time, and it perfectly captures the essence of the source material like a comic book come to life on screen. That's the way these adaptations should be done.

Okay, now I'm even more confused.

Oh, here's the trailers for the next episodes of The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. The Flash one is my favorite.
Lauren just meant to say "Why would fake Jay impersonate real Jay"!

Earth 1 ZH's backstory--the bit about his mother dying---made me think that maybe she died giving birth to a twin that also didn't make it. But on Earth 2 the brother lived & grew up to be Jay! Upon finding out he has a brother, Hunter decides to steal his life, like Cobalt Blue does to Barry in the comics!

Will being introduced to DD's daughter just reminded me of Bruce being introduced to Silver St. Cloud is all.

Alex,, did you read my response to your question about Connor Hawk at he end of the last thread? If not, go back & read it...then watch the last scene of LOT again! That guy!

Speaking of which, That's about 30 years in the future...& he looks to be only in his 20's! So either Felicity & Oliver break up-or- at some point in the future he cheats on her! (In this timeline anyway.) Have I mentioned that Oliver Queen is a dumb-ass?
Old 02-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

peterinna

barry has a twin brother what the

awee thankyou tabward how is ur brother doing?

omg **** tabward im so sorry i dont deserve a happy bday nooooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY TABWARD FORGIVE ME MY LOVE WHAT DID U DO FOR IT?

thanks for calling me smart and ****

dowuble arrow dosage next week yessss cuz of LOT mwhaha

omg that shark **** is back hahahahahaha

yes and thats right evan thanks haha

oooooo oo evan that sounds really possible i kinda like that!! though unfortunately jay does look a bit older then barry so not sure if can be his twin but trying to steal his brother ideinity def would fit in with why he was experiement on **** to give himself speed

he will not cheat on her
Old 02-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Uh, I mean Zoom is Jay's twin! Substitute Jay for Barry in the TV scenario. I won't talk about Pretty Little Liars because I come off as a bit of a insufferable boar when I do.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread