Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2021, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea...I've chatted with a few Mods about new boards added, new boards closing, boards closing in general , etc through the years too... when I joined in 2011...we had over 220 boards....

can a board survive with 2 Mods and one regular Poster... sure... can a board survive with one Mod and a poster who comes by once or twice a week... I don't know about that
Old 03-24-2021, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, we had a lot more boards back then, but there were also a lot more successful shows back then. Now look at the TV landscape. Except for Stranger Things, how many of these streaming shows last long enough to have a devoted fan base? New Network shows also never seem to last long enough or attract enough attention. You don't see any more shows that become a phenomenon like The X-Files, 24, Lost, or Heroes. And yeah, without that, it's tough to get people willing to mod it or talk about it.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Of course it's fine by you. But I think you should cast according to whomever best fits the role, and these DC choices are just... I mean, someone's gonna break a hip.

You're welcome.

Yeah, when I was a kid I didn't know much about Hollywood except for what I saw on TV at that time, and I do remember George Segal. He also starred in one of Denzel Washington's first screen roles, in a 1981 comedy called Carbon Copy, where Denzel is his long-lost son. "Hi, Daddy!" You can imagine how that went.

Well, you can probably guess that I didn't like how the last Riverdale episode ended. I haven't watched the new one yet.

Yep, I'm okay.
Ok.

Thanks again.

I see, and I heard about that movie.

Wait have you seen the key party episode yet? It's before the new episode that aired tonight.

Good. I hope everyone is ok.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Ok.

Thanks again.

I see, and I heard about that movie.

Wait have you seen the key party episode yet? It's before the new episode that aired tonight.

Good. I hope everyone is ok.

You're welcome. And yeah, I think a lot of these actors are a little old for this.

You have? That was also the first time I ever saw Denzel Washington. His 80s films are so underrated.

I'm not finished it yet, but I do know that Archie told Betty he still has feelings for Veronica, this after they had their little fireman fantasy night. So I have no idea what the hell the writers are planning.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, we had a lot more boards back then, but there were also a lot more successful shows back then. Now look at the TV landscape. Except for Stranger Things, how many of these streaming shows last long enough to have a devoted fan base? New Network shows also never seem to last long enough or attract enough attention. You don't see any more shows that become a phenomenon like The X-Files, 24, Lost, or Heroes. And yeah, without that, it's tough to get people willing to mod it or talk about it.
yea... pre-2010 regular tv shows have very few fans now although X Files did get a reboot.. post 2010. I always offer suggestions on how to keep a board active... very few people take my advice.

OK...I am off for the night...hope to sleep in a bit more tommorrow

Have a good sleep and a nice day off tomorrow...
Old 03-24-2021, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
yea... pre-2010 regular tv shows have very few fans now although X Files did get a reboot.. post 2010. I always offer suggestions on how to keep a board active... very few people take my advice.

OK...I am off for the night...hope to sleep in a bit more tommorrow

Have a good sleep and a nice day off tomorrow...
Yeah, I liked the X-Files revival. It wasn't a reboot, Dave. But after two seasons Gillian Anderson decided she didn't want to do the show anymore, so it ended abruptly.

But how many people are gonna talk about WandaVision or Falcon & Winter Soldier? This Is Us didn't hold enough interest for that board to stay active. Same with The Walking Dead.

More people should take your advice, Dave. It's good advice.

Okay, Dave. Thanks, and you have a great day tomorrow as well! Goodnight!
Old 03-24-2021, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're welcome. And yeah, I think a lot of these actors are a little old for this.

You have? That was also the first time I ever saw Denzel Washington. His 80s films are so underrated.

I'm not finished it yet, but I do know that Archie told Betty he still has feelings for Veronica, this after they had their little fireman fantasy night. So I have no idea what the hell the writers are planning.
Thanks again. Ok.

Yes. I see.

Oh, then you are almost finished with the episode. Also I guess you already seen the scenes between Jabitha in the key party episode.

My guess love triangle with Jughead/Tabitha/Betty. While there was no Jabitha in the episode, there was Bughead so the new episode helped set up the love triangle on Bughead's end.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, forgive me if I'm not rooting for any triangles. I hope Jabitha ends up together if Barchie can as well.

Yes, I'm okay, thanks.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, forgive me if I'm not rooting for any triangles. I hope Jabitha ends up together if Barchie can as well.

Yes, I'm okay, thanks.
Normally I wouldn't either but I feel like love triangle with Jughead/Tabitha/Betty is needed especially for Betty to finally realize she didn't know what she had with Jughead till it was gone.

I think Jabitha will last longer than Barchie. Actually when you finish the key party episode you'll know what happened to Barchie.

Good, and no problem.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry wasn't around again yesterday

Not sure if I really slept better or not ended up sleeping but also woke up during the sleeping
Old 03-25-2021, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

no worries Sarah...what time did you lie down last night
Old 03-25-2021, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Think fell asleep somewhere after 7pm but than woke around 10:30pm but than continued to sleep on/off during the night
Old 03-25-2021, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

wow...7 is early.... to go to bed... hope you are feeling ok
Old 03-25-2021, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was pretty much laying around bed all yesterday just like Tuesday where fell asleep while laying around it seemed last evening
Old 03-25-2021, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

did you decide yet to see your Dr next month?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread