Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2020, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Burnt Toast Café[OT] #785: Because we all want to live in a Big Brother-style house with Lauren!

Burnt Toast Café
Off Topic #785

Old 07-19-2020, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
Evening

Alex and Dave how are you guys?
Hi, Sarah! I'm doing fine, thanks. Just hanging in there. My vacation just ended so I'm back at work, but I'm probably gonna take another one next month. I hope you're doing okay during this pandemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
great to see Lauren and Sarah visitng us

Dragonfire...how is your weekend going

Alex...how is work going? did you find out about the number of vacation days left?
Yes it is, Dave. Oh, and when did you wanna watch Major League Baseball?

Well, I have 71 hours, which is almost two weeks. I accumulate personal time with the amount of hours I work, so I should be back up to 80 hours by next week. And by October I should be able to accumulate another 40 hours, so I'm thinking that I'll either take two weeks in August and a week in October, or one week in August and two weeks in October into November. Probably the week of Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty cooper (View Post)
why u want wandavision to tank

are u guys watching any new shows cause of pandemic not bringing up our old ones? man thats a good hotseat question whoops wrong thread

i dreamt i was posting on ff with alex and dave posting straight after me but wer were on trivia thread and i asked a superman question and the answer was to do with nbn internet whch is a lil cray andyway thought i better post from dream hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'm not a fan of the Disney+ stuff, Lauren. They edit and censor movies. And I ship Wanda and Wonder Man in the comics.

Did you answer a question on the wrong thread, Lauren? I'm binge watching Friends and stuff. I'm also watching 80s horror movies.

Aww, you were dreaming that you were posting with me? I do that a lot.

I hope you're doing okay and you find a new house soon, Lauren. And when are you gonna answer my texts to you? How's the house hunting going with you and your mother?

You didn't know that Sarah changed her username? Maybe if you hung out here more often...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex. Good, and thanks.

Ok.

Well, if it's true that they're using the multiverse then we can have it both ways. Burtonverse Batgirl can be BatCat daughter, and maybe Reevesverse Batgirl can be Babs.

Unlike Burtonverse Reevesverse has it's Jim Gordon, also he may be more of a main character than Burtonverse Jim Gordon, and hopefully have a relationship with Reevesverse Bruce like the comics unlike Burtonverse Jim Gordon with Burtonverse Bruce.

Honestly, with the multiverse the possibilities are endless.

A very beautiful messy art. He was? Also, what's Hudson Hank?

You are? Imagine if after defeating the JL Darkseid ended up getting defeated by Martha.

Yes, but it's ok. You do? Sorry to hear that. You do?

Ok. I see.

No problem. You did?

I hope everyone is ok.
Hi, dragonfire! Yep, I'm okay, and I'm glad you are.

Yes, I know, dragonfire, I already replied to you on the Legends of Tomorrow board. I don't wanna repeat my answer to you there.

But no, I don't want the Reeves film to overlap with anything else. I don't like anything about his film so far.

What's Hudson Hank? Hudson Hawk. It was a 1990 heist film starring Bruce Willis as a cat burglar. It was written and directed by the same writer and the same director as Heathers. Daniel Waters and Michael Lehmann. It was a huge flop. Daniel Waters wrote the script for Batman Returns. Not exactly the person I'd hire. I loved Heathers, but he's just not right for Batman.

Oh, come on. Enough with the Martha stuff. Darkseid would lose all respect if that happened.

Thanks. It's okay, I made it through those times. And of course I remember the Kryptonite song. I still hope someday you can check out some Lois & Clark episodes.

Yes, of course I did. You've seen my six volume structure for both the Avengers and the Justice League, right? I always think about this stuff in my head.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be Big Brother-style if we lived together

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Sarah! I'm doing fine, thanks. Just hanging in there. My vacation just ended so I'm back at work, but I'm probably gonna take another one next month. I hope you're doing okay during this pandemic.
Life-style didn't change cause of the pandemic first two weeks though was rough aka Canada "locking down" March 16th, so end of April was rough but otherwise am fine
Old 07-19-2020, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! Yep, I'm okay, and I'm glad you are.

Yes, I know, dragonfire, I already replied to you on the Legends of Tomorrow board. I don't wanna repeat my answer to you there.

But no, I don't want the Reeves film to overlap with anything else. I don't like anything about his film so far.

What's Hudson Hank? Hudson Hawk. It was a 1990 heist film starring Bruce Willis as a cat burglar. It was written and directed by the same writer and the same director as Heathers. Daniel Waters and Michael Lehmann. It was a huge flop. Daniel Waters wrote the script for Batman Returns. Not exactly the person I'd hire. I loved Heathers, but he's just not right for Batman.

Oh, come on. Enough with the Martha stuff. Darkseid would lose all respect if that happened.

Thanks. It's okay, I made it through those times. And of course I remember the Kryptonite song. I still hope someday you can check out some Lois & Clark episodes.

Yes, of course I did. You've seen my six volume structure for both the Avengers and the Justice League, right? I always think about this stuff in my head.

Ok, sorry about that.

Ok.

I see, and thanks for telling me. Did you know Waters did a script for Burton's canceled Superman movie with Nic Cage as Superman?

It would be like the perfect way to end the Snyderverse.

Glad to hear. Ok. Maybe one day I can.

True.

Oh, earlier today I watched some trailers for Batman Returns, and I believe my favorite is the one with the nostalgia trailer guy narrating the trailer. They sure don't make them like they used to.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hey Sarah hope you had a nice weekend

Alex- I think Opening day is Thursday ....7 pm eastern on espn

I found out that a dear friend of mine I met in 2002 passed away last year... since I got rid of my lan line 10 years ago and I stopped going t that church at that time... nobody could get a hold of me to let me know
Old 07-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I found out that a dear friend of mine I met in 2002 passed away last year... since I got rid of my lan line 10 years ago and I stopped going t that church at that time... nobody could get a hold of me to let me know
Sorry to hear that Dave.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Dragonfire.... I met him at Sunday morning Bible class... a nice elderly guy who befriended me.... he took me to the Olive Garden every now and then through the years and his last gift to me was an Olive Garden gift card

Alex... I hope you have MLB network...the Phillies vs. Yankees game is on atm....
Old 07-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex- I think Opening day is Thursday ....7 pm eastern on espn

Hi, Dave! I think I have MLB Network, I'm just not sure which channel. But Thursday is great because I'm off that day.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Dave. That's terrible that no one could get a hold of you when it happened. Are you okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
It would be Big Brother-style if we lived together

Life-style didn't change cause of the pandemic first two weeks though was rough aka Canada "locking down" March 16th, so end of April was rough but otherwise am fine
It would, Sarah. I told Lauren I'd buy the house if I ever won the lottery. You, me, Lauren, Dave, Sam, etc. could all move in together.

That's good, Sarah. I'm glad you're doing better than we are here.

Hi, dragonfire! I'm good, thanks.

Well, no reason to apologize. We just happen to have the same conversations on multiple boards.

Oh, I heard about the Nicholas Cage Superman movie. It was called Superman Lives. I even saw photos of Nic Cage in the Superman outfit during test fittings. I don't know, it just looked weird. He doesn't really look like Clark Kent, if you know what I mean. His face is too narrow and not square enough. But I didn't know that Daniel Waters wrote a script for that. I did hear that Kevin Smith was supposed to write a script for that movie, but the film ended up getting cancelled.

I'd prefer to just end the Snyderverse now and forget about it.

Yeah, I hope you do get a chance because I'd love to hear your opinion on Dean Cain as Superman and Teri Hatcher as Lois. She's my favorite Lois Lane.

On that I'll definitely agree with you. They do not make them like they used to.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it's not been a good week so far
Old 07-20-2020, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! I'm good, thanks.

Well, no reason to apologize. We just happen to have the same conversations on multiple boards.

Oh, I heard about the Nicholas Cage Superman movie. It was called Superman Lives. I even saw photos of Nic Cage in the Superman outfit during test fittings. I don't know, it just looked weird. He doesn't really look like Clark Kent, if you know what I mean. His face is too narrow and not square enough. But I didn't know that Daniel Waters wrote a script for that. I did hear that Kevin Smith was supposed to write a script for that movie, but the film ended up getting cancelled.

I'd prefer to just end the Snyderverse now and forget about it.

Yeah, I hope you do get a chance because I'd love to hear your opinion on Dean Cain as Superman and Teri Hatcher as Lois. She's my favorite Lois Lane.

On that I'll definitely agree with you. They do not make them like they used to.
Hey Alex. Good, and no problem.

Thanks. True our conversations are like the Energizer Bunny.

That was the point of casting Cage as Superman/Clark. Burton wanted to cast Superman/Clark the same way he cast Batman/Bruce.

Well, looks like I was wrong about that. Seems he didn't write a script for Superman Lives. Instead of him seems Burton had Wesley Strick to rewrite Smith's after Burton rejected Smith's.

Then it seems WB had Dan Gilroy to rewrite Strick's script because they thought Strick's script was too expensive.

Ok.

Thanks. She is? Did you know Hatchter played Lois's Mom on Smallville? Speaking of Moms on Smallville. Helen Slater played Lara, and guess who played Chloe's Mom? OG Wonder Woman herself Linda Carter.

Nope. It's a shame because for one I think a Keaton Batman 3 trailer made like the classic trailers for 89, and Returns would be awesome to see.

Dave I hope things get better for you.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry, Dave. I really hope next year is better because this year has just sucked.

Hi, dragonfire! I'm okay and I'm glad you are too.

Yeah, a bit too much like the Energizer Bunny.

Yes, and that's yet another reason why I can't stand Burton. He casts really weird choices for superheroes.

Ah, I thought so. I did hear that Smith's script got rejected, mostly because he wrote it on short notice. And Dan Gilroy? That guy sucks.

Yes she is. And I did hear that she played Lois' mom on Smallville, and she also was on Supergirl. OMG, Helen Slater played Lara? Man, Lynda Carter got stuck with playing Chole's mom?

Well, I suppose it would for nostalgia's sake.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! I'm okay and I'm glad you are too.

Yeah, a bit too much like the Energizer Bunny.

Yes, and that's yet another reason why I can't stand Burton. He casts really weird choices for superheroes.

Ah, I thought so. I did hear that Smith's script got rejected, mostly because he wrote it on short notice. And Dan Gilroy? That guy sucks.

Yes she is. And I did hear that she played Lois' mom on Smallville, and she also was on Supergirl. OMG, Helen Slater played Lara? Man, Lynda Carter got stuck with playing Chole's mom?

Well, I suppose it would for nostalgia's sake.

Yep.

Weird yes but sometimes like in casting Keaton as Batman/Bruce genius.

Really? Because I read Burton rejected it because he wanted to do his own version of Superman. He does?

Yep, in S7, and S10. Yep, she played Chloe's mom for one episode from S6.

Yep, and especially if the trailers had the same trailer music from 89, and Returns, in the new trailers.

You know I honestly wouldn't rule out Keaton and Burton pulling a Ford and Spielberg Indiana Jones with Batman.

Oh, I keep forgetting to say this but here's one of the biggest reasons why I feel like Burtonverse Batgirl may be BatCat's Daughter, and if not Martha Kyle Wayne then Helena Kyle Wayne works.

Anyway I noticed a pattern in some of Keaton's characters in movies. Father and daughter storylines. Examples Birdman had it, Spider-Man: Homecoming had it, and even Disney's reboot of Herbie the Lovebug had it.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Dragonfire and Alex...I hope the rest of the week goes better for me

Alex... I think the Nationals vs Yankees game is on Espn on Thursday at 7...not MLB Network.
Did you find out what channel your mlb network is though
Old 07-22-2020, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Dave. I hope it does too.

Yes I did. It's right next to NFL Network on the HD channels. My TV automatically tunes me to HD even if I go to the normal channels, so there's little I can do about it. But yes, I have it, and I can watch with you on ESPN as well.

Hi, dragonfire! I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too.

I didn't think it was genius. A lot of comic book fans in 1989 weren't happy about the casting, but there was little we could do. He's still not physically suited to the role, but whatever.

I read an article from Kevin Smith about how he procrastinated with the Superman Lives screenplay, and it ended up not going so well. I think Kevin Smith isn't really suited for that kind of storytelling, to be honest. He's too self-aware as a comic book fan.

Yeah, and we know a lot more about Chloe now than we wanted to.

Trailer music from 89? Did you know that the original trailer from 89 had no music whatsoever? It was just scenes from the movie with no background score.

What do you mean, "pulling a Ford and Spielberg Indiana Joes?"

Yes, that is a very good observation on your part. But an actor's previous films don't necessarily have anything to do with current ones. But we'll see.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great news Alex... I hope that my computer behaves on Thursday
Closed Thread   Post New Thread