Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tia wll keep the LoT board open for as long as she can...she appreciate you and Sam very much

we were talking about restaurants and food prep on the Star trek board.... so -- Old Christian Bible Joke here...what did the lettuce say to the dressing, tomatoes and carrots?
Spoiler:

OK...Heroes joke here...easy one if you live in the USA.... what did Peter and Claire want when they got hungry on a mission or needed to feed an tired/ hungry villain?

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 05-20-2020 at 06:52 PM
Old 05-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire! I'm on vacation, finally.

Yeah, but why call them Dynasty and Walker? If they're just capitalizing on the names then it's like they don't think they can come up with anything original, you know? Just like the remakes of Charmed, MacGyver, S.W.A.T., Hawaii Five-0, etc.

Narrator Jughead can't tell everyone's story because he wouldn't be there for it. How can he know what happened to Archie, Betty, and Veronica in their respective colleges when he's in Iowa?

Well, as long as they give Bret a good storyline and not just have him be Donna's subordinate. But a hate crush on Bughead? I can understand Donna having that, but not Bret. Well, he did mess with Betty a little.

You're welcome again. But I don't like digital comics. I prefer paperback.

No, my dad and grandfather's names weren't Alex. I told you my mom named me Alex so that I wouldn't be a third. Their first and middle names were Walter Robert.

Yeah, it's ironic that back then there was always something to watch even though there were fewer channels. Even on Saturdays. Now there's just college sports on Saturdays. Oh, and did you hear that CBS has brought back the CBS Sunday Night Movie because of the lockdown? They even used the old logos from the 70s and 80s. I also heard that Drive-In movie theaters are making a comeback because it's easier to social distance in your cars. I know Jughead would appreciate that.

Oh, that's right. Betty brought it up, but Alice did admit to it, correct?

I've never had a dream or a memory in black & white, that's what I meant.

I guess you could compare Smallville to Gotham and Riverdale. Oh, I'm so glad that Ruby Rose is gone. But they're still gonna recast. I just hope that the show eventually tanks because of all the dysfunction.

Yeah, but I still don't trust Guggenheim and Berlanti. Look at how much of the audience they've lost since season 1. And I also think that focusing so much on Bughead is what affected the show, perhaps similar to Olicity on Arrow. It may be a fan favorite, but I've also heard people say that the Barchie thing kept things interesting when they had become stale.

Well, RAS just has to remember that this is Riverdale, not Glee.
Hey Alex. Glad to hear that.

Well, that's the modern Hollywood.

He could if the Narrator Jughead is after the show. Something like Narrator John-Boy Walton from The Waltons, and Narrator Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years.

Let's hope they will. Yes, a hate crush. He messed with Jughead too, and looking back on what they did Donna&Bret didn't really hide their hate crush on Bughead.

Well, thanks again. Oh, ok.

Oh, ok. I see, and thanks for telling me.

Indeed. No, I didn't hear that. Cool. Really? He would definitely appreciate that.

Maybe, she did.

Oh, ok.

Yep, you could. Especially Smallville and Gotham. Speaking of that I got a conspiracy theory.

What if her leaving is like the first step of WB ending the show? Like they want to end it cause they want to take back the rights of everything Batman and doing that it makes sure everything Batman stays in the movies just the way they like it.

Also, I could see them having the Arrow Canaries spin-off be a replacement for the Batwoman show as well.

Ok, understandable. Let's just agree to disagree on the Bughead, Barchie part.

Maybe he will.

Oh, Dave since you asked. I'm from South Carolina.

I'm about to go watch Perry Mason, and I hope everyone is ok.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

dragonfire.....I've been to Myrtle Beach twice...love the Carolinas
Old 05-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
dragonfire.....I've been to Myrtle Beach twice...love the Carolinas
You have? Glad to hear that.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd love to visit Myrtle Beach someday, Dave.

Quote:
Tia wll keep the LoT board open for as long as she can...she appreciate you and Sam very much

we were talking about restaurants and food prep on the Star trek board.... so -- Old Christian Bible Joke here...what did the lettuce say to the dressing, tomatoes and carrots?
Spoiler:

OK...Heroes joke here...easy one if you live in the USA.... what did Peter and Claire want when they got hungry on a mission or needed to feed an tired/ hungry villain?
I hope we can keep the LoT board alive, Dave. I just wish Hollywood got their priorities straight so we'd get better DC and Marvel product instead of their stupid SJW stuff.

Good joke there, Dave.

Okay, what did Peter and Claire say?

Hi, dragonfire! Thanks. Now I'm gonna relax for as long as I can. Ten days.

Modern Hollywood sucks, dragonfire. I mean in the 20th century remakes were still good, and only done if there was improvement that could be made. John Carpenter's The Thing(remake of The Thing From Another World), Heaven Can Wait(remake of Here Comes Mister Jordan), A Fistfull of Dollars(remake of Yojimbo), The Magnificent Seven(remake of The Seven Samurai), David Cronenberg's The Fly, and I even liked the remake of The Blob, with Shawnee Smith. But remakes today aren't even necessary. They're not improving on the originals at all, just repackaging them for Millennials because they're such a hypersensitive generation they might get offended by the classic stuff.

Wow, you watched The Waltons and The Wonder Years? Yeah, but John Boy never narrated anything he wasn't present for. Jughead would somehow have to know what went on with the others at their respective schools. How would he know that?

Oh, and did you know that Daniel Stern from Home Alone was the voice of older Kevin?

Okay. I just hope that Bret gets to do more than just be Donna's lackey. And what's he gonna do if Donna ends up with Jughead?

You're welcome. And yeah, I just wanted to clarify that my dad and grandfather had names different from mine. I'm glad I didn't end up a Walter. My dad normally went by his middle name, Robert, or "Bob."

Yep, apparently all this social distancing and binge TV watching has made CBS decide to bring back the CBS Sunday Night Movie since there isn't any original programming on. This Sunday it's gonna be Titanic. And not only Jughead, but I've missed drive in movie theaters as well. I first saw Star Wars at a drive in in 1977. It was heaven.

Oh, I can only hope that CW is planning to end Batwoman. I mean, really... who asked for that? She's not even that important in the comics. She was originally created as a love interest for Batman back in the 1960s but he already had Catwoman. And how is Batwoman necessary when he already had Batgirl as a sidekick?

That's a good theory, but I still wish WB would do a Batman TV show as well. Something like Gotham, only with Bruce as an adult. I said before that I'd love to have a TV show that was like the comic book series Legends of the Dark Knight. That was one of my favorites.

Well, I don't like the idea of the Canaries spin-off either. I'd have preferred that CW did another Birds of Prey show, only done correctly.

Yeah, yeah, we'll agree to disagree. We still have to wait and see what RAS intends to do with Archie, Betty, and Jughead.

Well, I think RAS has failed in that area, but I hope he fixes it soon. I'm just glad that Ryan Murphy remembered that American Horror Story is not Glee. RAS should follow suit.

I hope you enjoyed Perry Mason! My mom loves that one.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, what did Peter and Claire say?

]
we need a few Hero Sandwiches please please.... Mr. Hero is an Ohio sub restaurant...
Old 05-21-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
we need a few Hero Sandwiches please please.... Mr. Hero is an Ohio sub restaurant...
Oh, man... Why did I not think of that?
Old 05-21-2020, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey all
How is everyone?
Old 05-21-2020, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! Thanks. Now I'm gonna relax for as long as I can. Ten days.

Modern Hollywood sucks, dragonfire. I mean in the 20th century remakes were still good, and only done if there was improvement that could be made. John Carpenter's The Thing(remake of The Thing From Another World), Heaven Can Wait(remake of Here Comes Mister Jordan), A Fistfull of Dollars(remake of Yojimbo), The Magnificent Seven(remake of The Seven Samurai), David Cronenberg's The Fly, and I even liked the remake of The Blob, with Shawnee Smith. But remakes today aren't even necessary. They're not improving on the originals at all, just repackaging them for Millennials because they're such a hypersensitive generation they might get offended by the classic stuff.

Wow, you watched The Waltons and The Wonder Years? Yeah, but John Boy never narrated anything he wasn't present for. Jughead would somehow have to know what went on with the others at their respective schools. How would he know that?

Oh, and did you know that Daniel Stern from Home Alone was the voice of older Kevin?

Okay. I just hope that Bret gets to do more than just be Donna's lackey. And what's he gonna do if Donna ends up with Jughead?

You're welcome. And yeah, I just wanted to clarify that my dad and grandfather had names different from mine. I'm glad I didn't end up a Walter. My dad normally went by his middle name, Robert, or "Bob."

Yep, apparently all this social distancing and binge TV watching has made CBS decide to bring back the CBS Sunday Night Movie since there isn't any original programming on. This Sunday it's gonna be Titanic. And not only Jughead, but I've missed drive in movie theaters as well. I first saw Star Wars at a drive in in 1977. It was heaven.

Oh, I can only hope that CW is planning to end Batwoman. I mean, really... who asked for that? She's not even that important in the comics. She was originally created as a love interest for Batman back in the 1960s but he already had Catwoman. And how is Batwoman necessary when he already had Batgirl as a sidekick?

That's a good theory, but I still wish WB would do a Batman TV show as well. Something like Gotham, only with Bruce as an adult. I said before that I'd love to have a TV show that was like the comic book series Legends of the Dark Knight. That was one of my favorites.

Well, I don't like the idea of the Canaries spin-off either. I'd have preferred that CW did another Birds of Prey show, only done correctly.

Yeah, yeah, we'll agree to disagree. We still have to wait and see what RAS intends to do with Archie, Betty, and Jughead.

Well, I think RAS has failed in that area, but I hope he fixes it soon. I'm just glad that Ryan Murphy remembered that American Horror Story is not Glee. RAS should follow suit.

I hope you enjoyed Perry Mason! My mom loves that one.
Hey Alex. No problem. Glad to hear that.

If you say so. Ok.

The Waltons yes, but I haven't seen any full episode of The Wonder Years, but I have read about the show. Didn't Fred Savage play young Kevin Arnold?

I think he would know if he found it out from Betty, Archie, and Veronica. Remember I said he could if the Narrator Jughead is after the show. Like the Narrator, Jughead is narrating after he's possibly married, kids, etc, etc.

I did know that, and I guess you know Daniel Stern and Fred Savage played in Little Monsters, and Fred Savage's Brother Ben Savage played in it as well?

I hope so too. Well, while I do hope we get Jughead/Donna, I doubt Donna will end up with Jughead. I 100% and a lot more believe Bughead is the endgame.

Thanks again. Oh ok, and thanks for clarifying it. I see, and thanks for explaining it to me.

At least they're showing something. Titanic? I wonder what else movies they'll be showing for the other Sundays? You have? You did, and it was?

You do? Well, maybe that was the only Batman character WB allowed the CW to use for a Batman theme show? You know like a cheap discount version of Batman meets Batgirl.

Thanks, and I know you do but unless it's like on an online streaming service like HBO Max where you have to pay like an arm and a leg to see a live-action Batman show then I highly doubt WB will do it.

Well, if they end Batwoman the CW will need something to fill the hole that Batwoman will leave, and the Canaries spin-off would fill that hole.

Also, I don't know if WB would allow a more comic book version cause WB has the Batgirl movie with Barbara, and we know how WB is about Batman characters on TV.

Thanks, and I think it's for the best. True but I do believe he'll have Bughead as endgame, and I wouldn't be surprised if WB/CW encourages him to do it.

Hopefully he will.

Oh, I'm really enjoying Perry Mason. I think besides Mason my favorite character is Burger. She does?

Oh, did you hear that Skeet left Riverdale cause he was bored creatively?

Well, I'm going to watch Perry Mason, and I hope everyone is ok.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chrissy

Alex...how was your day ?

it looks like Lauren didn't say Hi to us here again
Old 05-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Hey all
How is everyone?
Hi, Chrissy! I'm doing okay. I'm enjoying my time off work. I hope you're doing well.

Quote:
Alex...how was your day ?

it looks like Lauren didn't say Hi to us here again

Hi, Dave! My day was okay, thanks. I overslept, and it rained all day, but it got warmer and it's gonna be sunny tomorrow.

I know, but she's very busy, and I'm gonna text her and ask her to post here.

Hi, dragonfire! I'm glad we're both doing okay.

Well, can you blame me, dragonfire? Have you seen the remakes of Ghostbusters, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc?

Yes, Fred Savage played young Kevin. His younger brother was on Boy Meets World. No, I didn't know that about Little Monsters. I never saw that.

Yeah, but doesn't that make Jughead an unreliable narrator? He's just going by what the others tell him. How can he know for sure if he wasn't there?

Well, we'll have to wait and see on Donna/Jughead. And I'm surprised that you trust RAS with Bughead at this point. If he knows the show is gonna end, he can end it pretty much any way he wants to. I can't say I'm surprised that Skeet left for that reason. The fans probably feel the same way.

I have no idea. I haven't checked the schedule. But I'm guessing the Sunday Night Movie revival is due to the Covid-19 lockdown. And yes. Can you imaging seeing Star Wars for the first time in 1977, when it was brand new? No "Episode IV: A New Hope." That got added on for the 1979 re-release. Originally it was just, "It is a time of civil war..." And imagine seeing it on a huge screen, ten times the size of a screen in an indoor theater. Imagine watching the battle scene between the Blockade Runner and the Imperial Star Destroyer on a clear night with stars in the sky, so you can't tell where the screen ends and the sky begins. And the movie soundtrack gets transmitted directly to your car's stereo system, and they tell you which frequency to tune in to when you buy your ticket.

Yeah, but I still think that's a lame reason for using Batwoman. My original idea was actually for a Batman HBO show like Westworld and Game of Thrones. I figured there would be no way to do it on network TV. It would be a lot like the Legends of The Dark Knight and Detective Comics titles. And I thought that the Batgirl movie was gonna use Cassandra Cain and not Barbara Gordon? That's the reason why I'm not interested in it, unless it's gonna be about Barbara. I'd still prefer that she be introduced in a Batman movie. And I think reserving Batman for the films is a waste of lots of great Batman stories because the films only come out once in a long time, and they only have two hours to tell the story. I already told you what I think of Canaries. I'd prefer a Birds of Prey show done the right way. I'm pretty much done with the Arrowverse.

I'm glad you're enjoying Perry Mason. Yes, my mom grew up watching that. I don't know the names of the characters, though.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! I'm glad we're both doing okay.

Well, can you blame me, dragonfire? Have you seen the remakes of Ghostbusters, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, etc?

Yes, Fred Savage played young Kevin. His younger brother was on Boy Meets World. No, I didn't know that about Little Monsters. I never saw that.

Yeah, but doesn't that make Jughead an unreliable narrator? He's just going by what the others tell him. How can he know for sure if he wasn't there?

Well, we'll have to wait and see on Donna/Jughead. And I'm surprised that you trust RAS with Bughead at this point. If he knows the show is gonna end, he can end it pretty much any way he wants to. I can't say I'm surprised that Skeet left for that reason. The fans probably feel the same way.

I have no idea. I haven't checked the schedule. But I'm guessing the Sunday Night Movie revival is due to the Covid-19 lockdown. And yes. Can you imaging seeing Star Wars for the first time in 1977, when it was brand new? No "Episode IV: A New Hope." That got added on for the 1979 re-release. Originally it was just, "It is a time of civil war..." And imagine seeing it on a huge screen, ten times the size of a screen in an indoor theater. Imagine watching the battle scene between the Blockade Runner and the Imperial Star Destroyer on a clear night with stars in the sky, so you can't tell where the screen ends and the sky begins. And the movie soundtrack gets transmitted directly to your car's stereo system, and they tell you which frequency to tune in to when you buy your ticket.

Yeah, but I still think that's a lame reason for using Batwoman. My original idea was actually for a Batman HBO show like Westworld and Game of Thrones. I figured there would be no way to do it on network TV. It would be a lot like the Legends of The Dark Knight and Detective Comics titles. And I thought that the Batgirl movie was gonna use Cassandra Cain and not Barbara Gordon? That's the reason why I'm not interested in it, unless it's gonna be about Barbara. I'd still prefer that she be introduced in a Batman movie. And I think reserving Batman for the films is a waste of lots of great Batman stories because the films only come out once in a long time, and they only have two hours to tell the story. I already told you what I think of Canaries. I'd prefer a Birds of Prey show done the right way. I'm pretty much done with the Arrowverse.

I'm glad you're enjoying Perry Mason. Yes, my mom grew up watching that. I don't know the names of the characters, though.
Hey Alex. Me too.

I guess not, and no I haven't seen those remakes.

I thought so. Yep, his younger Brother played Cory Matthews on BMW. You haven't? Well, Daniel Stern played the Dad, and Fred and Ben Savage played the Sons.

Maybe, but honestly, I don't really care if it does or doesn't cause if what I read is true, then I'm more focused on that, and after I PM it to you you'll know why.

True. I didn't say I trust him with Bughead, and if the show ended as a one and done he was gonna end it with Bughead HEA endgame. Yeah seems the fans do feel that way.

Oh, ok, and probably is. I see, and thanks for telling me that.

That sounds cool. I think they're using Barbara but I could be wrong. Well, that's the way WB likes it with Batman. Ok.

Thanks, and me too. Cool. Oh, ok. Speaking of Perry Mason. It seems like they're rebooting Perry Mason on HBO with I think 8 episodes or so.

I hope everyone is ok.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...OK....I guess she's working a lot...I've had a few years like that....no time at all to do anything fun except for weekends
Sorry you overslept...I was tired too yesterday, but had a nice dinner with my friend
Old 05-23-2020, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Alex...OK....I guess she's working a lot...I've had a few years like that....no time at all to do anything fun except for weekends
Sorry you overslept...I was tired too yesterday, but had a nice dinner with my friend
Hi, Dave! Yep, but don't worry, she'll post as soon as she can.

Well, this lockdown is messing up everyone's plans. I'm sick of it. I think most of us are okay and won't get sick. I just hope they get a vaccine soon so the government people can stop with this crap already.

I'm glad you had a nice dinner. Well, I guess I needed the sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex. Me too.

I guess not, and no I haven't seen those remakes.

I thought so. Yep, his younger Brother played Cory Matthews on BMW. You haven't? Well, Daniel Stern played the Dad, and Fred and Ben Savage played the Sons.

Maybe, but honestly, I don't really care if it does or doesn't cause if what I read is true, then I'm more focused on that, and after I PM it to you you'll know why.

True. I didn't say I trust him with Bughead, and if the show ended as a one and done he was gonna end it with Bughead HEA endgame. Yeah seems the fans do feel that way.

Oh, ok, and probably is. I see, and thanks for telling me that.

That sounds cool. I think they're using Barbara but I could be wrong. Well, that's the way WB likes it with Batman. Ok.

Thanks, and me too. Cool. Oh, ok. Speaking of Perry Mason. It seems like they're rebooting Perry Mason on HBO with I think 8 episodes or so.
Hi, dragonfire! Yes, I'm okay, and you're okay. We're all okay.

Good, those remakes sucked.

Oh, so Ben and Fred starred in a movie together? I'm glad they at least got to do that once.

I got your PM. Well, if that does happen then I guess you'll finally be right about her. But if it's only for two episodes then let's not look too much into it just yet.

What's HEA? And if he knows the show is gonna end he doesn't have to worry about ratings, does he? He can do whatever he wants. But let's see if RAS doesn't shoot himself in the foot here.

You're welcome. I feel bad that today's generation will never be able to see Star Wars the way mine did. It was life changing back then.

I hope they're using Barbara, but if they use Cassandra then I'm not interested. And I know that WB is gonna do what they want to do, but they could tell a lot more stories a lot better in a cable TV format instead of just making movies all the time because the movies don't really do anything good anymore. Like I said, they just repeat the same story over and over again, just putting a new spin on it. This new one is gonna be even worse because it's going the politically correct route.

Oh no, they're rebooting Perry Mason now? How many things are they gonna reboot? Why can't they do anything original? Let me guess, they're gonna make Perry Mason black and have his assistant be a transgender woman.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

New thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f244/burnt-t...side-63238968/