Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aladdin 2019 - you can go ahead and read if you DO NOT plan on seeing the movie
Spoiler:

there are more differences...but those are the dramatic ones.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Hi, dragonfire! Yeah, I think fans would hate it as well. But Jughead waking up in the comic book version of Riverdale and telling Archie and the others about his film noir Riverdale dream would be cool. Of course, he and Betty wouldn't be together in that reality.

Well, a majority of HIMYM fans stopped paying attention to the story that was actually being told around season 4. By the end of season 5 it should've been obvious how the story was gonna end, especially if you paid attention to the show during seasons 1, 2, and 3. But I also agree that the writers screwed it up by not staying on point and keeping the audience's attention on their original intended ending. They kept straying off course into subplots that were meant as misdirection, but you can't keep doing that without undermining your planned ending.

Anyone planning on seeing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood or Dark Phoenix?
Bughead not really together is why fans would hate it. Yeah, the writers let the show grow out of their original intended ending. Which is why they should've can that, and went with the alternate ending that fits better with the show. Also for some reason, Barney felt more like the main character than Ted. No&no.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the spoilers, Dave. Yeah, I wasn't interested in watching that anyway. But those are some rather noticeable changes, and I'm wondering why they were made in the first place. Sounds like a Bollywood version of Aladdin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Bughead not really together is why fans would hate it. Yeah, the writers let the show grow out of their original intended ending. Which is why they should've can that, and went with the alternate ending that fits better with the show. Also for some reason, Barney felt more like the main character than Ted. No&no.
Yeah, I think you're right, dragonfire. But if they did end up in the comics version of Archie, that's what would happen.

Well, the problem is that the ending with Ted's kids was already filmed, and there was no way to reshoot the scene with Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie because they had already grown up by then, and Lyndsy was on the TV show Nikita. And that's not an alternate ending, dragonfire. That's just the same final episode with the actual ending cut out. There were no alternate scenes, just the scenes that ended up getting deleted, like Ted and Robin's conversation over lunch, and Lily paying Marshall the $5 she owed him.

Well, I think that had more to do with Neil Patrick Harris' popularity than anything else, and CBS wanted to capitalize on that. Before Neil was cast, the character of Barney was going to be radically different; an overweight womanizer who thinks he's a lot more desirable than he actually is.

You don't wanna watch either of them? What if they both turn out to be good? Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is getting great reviews. I haven't seen any for Dark Phoenix yet.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yeah, I think you're right, dragonfire. But if they did end up in the comics version of Archie, that's what would happen.

Well, I think that had more to do with Neil Patrick Harris' popularity than anything else, and CBS wanted to capitalize on that. Before Neil was cast, the character of Barney was going to be radically different; an overweight womanizer who thinks he's a lot more desirable than he actually is.

You don't wanna watch either of them? What if they both turn out to be good? Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is getting great reviews. I haven't seen any for Dark Phoenix yet.
Yeah, but I highly doubt they would do that. Or at least I hope they don't. Interesting. You know while I didn't like the series ending I did at least love Barney's ending. That's great but I'm not interested in it and don't get me started on Dark Phoenix. Now if I could I would watch Toy Story 4. Oh, do you know Keanu Reeves plays in it as an evil kenevil toy name Duke Kaboom?
Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but I highly doubt they would do that. Or at least I hope they don't. Interesting. You know while I didn't like the series ending I did at least love Barney's ending. That's great but I'm not interested in it and don't get me started on Dark Phoenix. Now if I could I would watch Toy Story 4. Oh, do you know Keanu Reeves plays in it as an evil kenevil toy name Duke Kaboom?
Exactly, that's why I don't think they'd do that either.

Yep, and I get why a lot of people didn't like the ending, but the only reason I liked the ending is because I managed to figure out what the trick of the story was and I felt it all made sense. Otherwise, Ted's story to his kids wouldn't have made any sense at all if they had ended it any other way, you know? But I do think the writers messed up when it came to staying focused on their story. Do you know that during the end of season 7, when they were preparing scripts for season 8, Craig Thomas gave an interview in 2012 where he admitted who the mother should've been?

Craig Thomas: "It should've been Robin. We screwed up."

In other words, he thought that the direction they took the show and a lot of the mistakes they made could've been avoided had they just made Robin the mother right from the beginning and hadn't done that "Aunt Robin" stuff.

Well, I'll let you know if Dark Phoenix is any good. I hope you like Toy Story 4. And no, I didn't know that, but that sounds cool! And I still haven't seen John Wick 4 yet.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...yes, the critics gave Aladdin a mixed review

OK...I may be on later on tomorrow
Old 05-24-2019, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly, that's why I don't think they'd do that either.

Yep, and I get why a lot of people didn't like the ending, but the only reason I liked the ending is because I managed to figure out what the trick of the story was and I felt it all made sense. Otherwise, Ted's story to his kids wouldn't have made any sense at all if they had ended it any other way, you know? But I do think the writers messed up when it came to staying focused on their story. Do you know that during the end of season 7, when they were preparing scripts for season 8, Craig Thomas gave an interview in 2012 where he admitted who the mother should've been?

Craig Thomas: "It should've been Robin. We screwed up."

In other words, he thought that the direction they took the show and a lot of the mistakes they made could've been avoided had they just made Robin the mother right from the beginning and hadn't done that "Aunt Robin" stuff.

Well, I'll let you know if Dark Phoenix is any good. I hope you like Toy Story 4. And no, I didn't know that, but that sounds cool! And I still haven't seen John Wick 4 yet.
Yeah. Didn't know that, interesting. Well, I hope it does well, ends the Fox X-Men on a high note, and that it doesn't cause any damage to MCU X-Men. Me too, and yeah it does sounds cool. I thought it was John Wick 3?
Old 05-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Saturday all
Old 05-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

to you too!
Old 05-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

what's new Rita and Chrissy?
Old 05-25-2019, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Rita! Hi, Dave!

Yeah, I heard Aladdin wasn't doing all that well with critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Happy Saturday all
Happy Saturday, Chrissy! I hope you're having a good weekend!

Quote:
Yeah. Didn't know that, interesting. Well, I hope it does well, ends the Fox X-Men on a high note, and that it doesn't cause any damage to MCU X-Men. Me too, and yeah it does sounds cool. I thought it was John Wick 3?
Hi, dragonfire! Yeah, I read that while I was researching HIMYM during the final season. I hope so too, and I don't think it should do any damage to the MCU X-Men if they do intend to just start all over.

Yeah, it's John Wick 3. I got mixed up because I typed Toy Story 4 right before that. And because Keanu is in both movies.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire! Yeah, I read that while I was researching HIMYM during the final season. I hope so too, and I don't think it should do any damage to the MCU X-Men if they do intend to just start all over.

Yeah, it's John Wick 3. I got mixed up because I typed Toy Story 4 right before that. And because Keanu is in both movies.
Interesting. Hopefully it won't. Oh, ok. You know I think his character will probably be like the breakout character in Toy Story 4.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...it's doing good with the box office though
Old 05-26-2019, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

why you people watch kids movies? Maybe it's due to my job, but they pretty close to literally make me sick
Old 05-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't watch kids movies, Rita. Well, not all the time.

Well, that's good at least, Dave.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! It was really hot and sunny here.

Quote:
Interesting. Hopefully it won't. Oh, ok. You know I think his character will probably be like the breakout character in Toy Story 4.
Hi, dragonfire! Yep. And no, I don't think it will. When the X-Men enter the MCU in 2024, it'll be a whole new X-Men story and a whole new MCU, hopefully.

Oh, you think so? When does Toy Story 4 come out?