Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi all just watching the hockey game.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

looks like the Blues won convincingly

Dragonfire... we don't need another solo Captain America movie...
Old 06-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Chrissy! I hope the Raptors can come back and win!

I guess you all saw that the St. Louis Blues beat the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals. I don't mind, because I'm a Flyers fan so I'm glad the Bruins lost.

Well, that just proves that Marvel TV shows don't last long, dragonfire.

You guys actually believe we'll never have another Captain America movie or another Iron Man movie? You actually believe that Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne will never get to be in the Avengers movies even though they're founding members in the comics?

That's like WB never making another Superman movie or another Batman movie, or another Wonder Woman movie. These characters are timeless, so no one's ever gonna get tired of seeing the adventures of these characters, which is why they keep coming back. If the characters are still popular in the comics then what's the use of never seeing them in movies ever again? And no, Marvel hasn't proven they can make anything work. The Ant-Man/Wasp movies with Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne didn't exactly blow anyone away, which is again why they should've gone with Hank and Janet. Doctor Strange wasn't a runaway hit either. And after they make X-Men and Fantastic Four movies, what's next? You're forgetting that except for Guardians of the Galaxy(which worked because it was a space adventure), most of the Marvel movies have featured Marvel's most prominent marquee characters.

You think in ten years Marvel's gonna be able to continue with MCU with nothing but The Man Called Nova, Power Pack, Namor: The Sub-Mariner, Alpha Flight, etc? Remember, a lot of those comics got cancelled due to lack of interest, and because comic book fans wanted to read about their mainstay characters that make the core of Marvel Comics - Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, etc. What, you think DC/WB is gonna be able to get away with making Suicide Squad movies and Titans movies, Hawk & Dove, Lobo, etc, and never again make any movies about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, or The Flash? They're the mainstays of comics for the last half century for a reason, guys.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

You guys actually believe we'll never have another Captain America movie or another Iron Man movie? You actually believe that Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne will never get to be in the Avengers movies even though they're founding members in the comics?

That's like WB never making another Superman movie or another Batman movie, or another Wonder Woman movie. These characters are timeless, so no one's ever gonna get tired of seeing the adventures of these characters, which is why they keep coming back. If the characters are still popular in the comics then what's the use of never seeing them in movies ever again? And no, Marvel hasn't proven they can make anything work. The Ant-Man/Wasp movies with Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne didn't exactly blow anyone away, which is again why they should've gone with Hank and Janet. Doctor Strange wasn't a runaway hit either. And after they make X-Men and Fantastic Four movies, what's next? You're forgetting that except for Guardians of the Galaxy(which worked because it was a space adventure), most of the Marvel movies have featured Marvel's most prominent marquee characters.

You think in ten years Marvel's gonna be able to continue with MCU with nothing but The Man Called Nova, Power Pack, Namor: The Sub-Mariner, Alpha Flight, etc? Remember, a lot of those comics got cancelled due to lack of interest, and because comic book fans wanted to read about their mainstay characters that make the core of Marvel Comics - Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, etc. What, you think DC/WB is gonna be able to get away with making Suicide Squad movies and Titans movies, Hawk & Dove, Lobo, etc, and never again make any movies about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, or The Flash? They're the mainstays of comics for the last half century for a reason, guys.
Call me crazy but for Steve&Tony yes I do. Except unlike WB/DC with Batman Disney/Marvel don't feel like they need to keep Steve&Tony for the MCU to stay successful. Also, I didn't say anything about WB/DC never making any more Batman movies, Superman movies, and Wonder Woman movies. I do believe WB/DC will continue to make them but I don't know if the same can be said for Disney/Marvel with Steve&Tony.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...new questions on XMen OT

gonna try to take a walk
Old 06-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Alex...new questions on XMen OT

gonna try to take a walk
I answered them, Dave. Have a nice walk! I hope your weather is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Call me crazy but for Steve&Tony yes I do. Except unlike WB/DC with Batman Disney/Marvel don't feel like they need to keep Steve&Tony for the MCU to stay successful. Also, I didn't say anything about WB/DC never making any more Batman movies, Superman movies, and Wonder Woman movies. I do believe WB/DC will continue to make them but I don't know if the same can be said for Disney/Marvel with Steve&Tony.
Sorry, dragonfire, but superheroes have been recast for decades. And remember that Marvel characters are not nearly as well known as DC characters, and DC characters get recast all the time. Rob Pattinson will be the 9th actor to play Batman(including David Mazouz), and his Batman is a reboot from the Ben Affleck Batman. There have been 8 actors who have played Superman. And there have been 4 actors who have played Spider-Man. And if Marvel Comics still needs Steve and Tony then the MCU will need them eventually. It would be silly for Steve and Tony to still be in the comics in ten years but not in the MCU. They'll also need to recast Hank and Janet because there's no way that Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer can remain the only version of those characters.

Here's the trailer for Doctor Sleep, Stephen King's sequel to The Shining! It features Ewan MacGregor as a grown up Danny Torrence. I don't know how much of this film follows the Kubrick film and how much of it follows King's novels.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-14-2019 at 03:06 PM
Old 06-14-2019, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

im pissed i had to cancel seeing xmen tommrow i cant wait to see it any longer

mum decided while i was away to have real estates come over appraise the house then she signed with one and have to spend all weekend packing my room and helping pack this house and my sis house instead of watching movies

i also saw aladdin loveeeeedd it going to see again next weekend and hopefully xmen then or weekend after

i havent watched a tv show in three whole weeks

im happy bout rpattz playing batman even though i cant picture it hahaha
Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey all
Old 06-15-2019, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Sorry, dragonfire, but superheroes have been recast for decades. And remember that Marvel characters are not nearly as well known as DC characters, and DC characters get recast all the time. Rob Pattinson will be the 9th actor to play Batman(including David Mazouz), and his Batman is a reboot from the Ben Affleck Batman. There have been 8 actors who have played Superman. And there have been 4 actors who have played Spider-Man. And if Marvel Comics still needs Steve and Tony then the MCU will need them eventually. It would be silly for Steve and Tony to still be in the comics in ten years but not in the MCU. They'll also need to recast Hank and Janet because there's no way that Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer can remain the only version of those characters.
Yes, I know all that. I don't think it would be silly, I think it would be like a win-win situation. As for Douglas&Pfeiffer? Now, this is just my opinion but I think it's possible.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks Dragonfire

Lauren... so you are moving in July then or next week?

Chrissy

I guess NO long walk today...rainy and cold out

Light cleaning and Jessica Jones season 3 today
Old 06-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Dave!

I'm sorry it's cold and rainy where you are. Man, and it's the middle of June? It's almost Summer! I hope you get to have your walk tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Hey all
Hi, Chrissy! I hope you're having a good weekend! Congrats on the Raptors beating the Warriors!

Quote:
Yes, I know all that. I don't think it would be silly, I think it would be like a win-win situation. As for Douglas&Pfeiffer? Now, this is just my opinion but I think it's possible.
I know you don't think it would be silly, dragonfire, but that's just you. You're not a comic book fan and you don't know these characters. No, it wouldn't be win-win. You can't promote these characters if you don't keep having them in movies, and it makes no sense to have them still be the marquee characters in the comics but never feature them in the movies. Like I said, movies and comics are different, and you can't have a continuous movie continuity like the comics do because comic books come out every month, while movies take years to make.

And no, it's not possible for Douglas and Pfeiffer to remain as Hank and Janet. If there were some other reason for it that didn't involve Edgar Wright, you'd have an argument. But because the only reason that Hank and Janet are the way they are in the MCU is because of Edgar Wright, then... no. The man didn't even stick around to make an MCU movie and his script was never meant to be in the MCU anyway, so it's irrelevant. It's just a big mistake that Marvel will one day have to address and correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty cooper (View Post)
im pissed i had to cancel seeing xmen tommrow i cant wait to see it any longer

mum decided while i was away to have real estates come over appraise the house then she signed with one and have to spend all weekend packing my room and helping pack this house and my sis house instead of watching movies

i also saw aladdin loveeeeedd it going to see again next weekend and hopefully xmen then or weekend after

i havent watched a tv show in three whole weeks

im happy bout rpattz playing batman even though i cant picture it hahaha
Hi, Lauren!

I'm sorry you can't see X-Men tomorrow. That's when I plan to see it. I'm glad you liked Aladdin.

OMG, are you moving, Lauren? You have to give me your new address so I can send you birthday cards! When are you moving and where are you going?

How are you liking your vacation in New York City? Are you almost done and are you going home soon?

Well, I'm gonna wait and see how Rob does as Batman before I judge.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I know you don't think it would be silly, dragonfire, but that's just you. You're not a comic book fan and you don't know these characters. No, it wouldn't be win-win. You can't promote these characters if you don't keep having them in movies, and it makes no sense to have them still be the marquee characters in the comics but never feature them in the movies. Like I said, movies and comics are different, and you can't have a continuous movie continuity like the comics do because comic books come out every month, while movies take years to make.

And no, it's not possible for Douglas and Pfeiffer to remain as Hank and Janet. If there were some other reason for it that didn't involve Edgar Wright, you'd have an argument. But because the only reason that Hank and Janet are the way they are in the MCU is because of Edgar Wright, then... no. The man didn't even stick around to make an MCU movie and his script was never meant to be in the MCU anyway, so it's irrelevant. It's just a big mistake that Marvel will one day have to address and correct.
I don't know I think you can, and Steve&Tony already been featured in the movies. Shoot arguable they like ate up most of the screen time in the Avengers movies. They had like close to a perfect send-off so why ruin that by bringing them back as Cap&Iron Man? Honestly, we don't need them back as Cap&Iron Man. Ok, but does the Mouse really need a new Hank&Janet? Like are they a priority to the Mouse?
Old 06-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't know I think you can, and Steve&Tony already been featured in the movies. Shoot arguable they like ate up most of the screen time in the Avengers movies. They had like close to a perfect send-off so why ruin that by bringing them back as Cap&Iron Man? Honestly, we don't need them back as Cap&Iron Man. Ok, but does the Mouse really need a new Hank&Janet? Like are they a priority to the Mouse?
Well, are Scott and Hope a priority? You'd think that characters who have been in Marvel Comics for the last 50 years, like Steve, Tony, Hank, and Janet(all of whom have been in the Avengers longer than anyone) would be priorities, instead of Hope, who isn't in the comics at all, and Scott, who's barely a character.

Sorry, sum1, but saying we don't need Steve and Tony back as Cap and Iron Man is like saying we don't need Clark and Bruce back as Superman and Batman. We're always gonna need them back, and I honestly can't believe I'm hearing you say this. You really think that Marvel is never gonna make any more movies with them? Have you been paying attention to anything over the last few decades when it comes to how superhero movies work? Marvel can't sustain the MCU with The Impossible Man and Stilt Man. They have to keep going back to their marquee names, just like DC does. Sooner or later, we'll get a new Steve and Tony, along with a new Hank and Janet. It would be stupid to do otherwise. Maybe YOU don't need another Steve and Tony, but you're just one person, dragonfire, who again, doesn't know much about comic books. Remember, to me you're a newcomer to the Marvel Universe, so please allow that I know more about how important these characters are to Marvel than you do.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex...no walk to the Walmart/bank today...another cold rainy day with some fog...minus the ghost ship

Lauren...watch out for spoilers for XMen... different boards have different rules about posting spoilers on newly released movies....

in my time with FF over 6.5 years...it's been 2 weeks and one Mod a while back said about 2 months before open discussion on a released movie
Old 06-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Alex...no walk to the Walmart/bank today...another cold rainy day with some fog...minus the ghost ship

Lauren...watch out for spoilers for XMen... different boards have different rules about posting spoilers on newly released movies....

in my time with FF over 6.5 years...it's been 2 weeks and one Mod a while back said about 2 months before open discussion on a released movie
That's not the common consensus, far from it!