Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
  #151
Fan Forum Hero

 
Calgaryfan2006's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65,185
Hi all just watching the hockey game.
__________________
Malex/Vlamburn
Malex Family
Icon by:Sarah
Chrissy
Calgaryfan2006 is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:58 AM
  #152
Captain Canary

 
Make Them Laugh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 376,886
looks like the Blues won convincingly

Dragonfire... we don't need another solo Captain America movie...
__________________
Merry Christmas in July~ Try it some year if you have Time
Make Them Laugh is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 02:42 PM
  #153
Sara Lance worshipper

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 203,274
Hi, Chrissy! I hope the Raptors can come back and win!

I guess you all saw that the St. Louis Blues beat the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals. I don't mind, because I'm a Flyers fan so I'm glad the Bruins lost.

Well, that just proves that Marvel TV shows don't last long, dragonfire.

You guys actually believe we'll never have another Captain America movie or another Iron Man movie? You actually believe that Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne will never get to be in the Avengers movies even though they're founding members in the comics?

That's like WB never making another Superman movie or another Batman movie, or another Wonder Woman movie. These characters are timeless, so no one's ever gonna get tired of seeing the adventures of these characters, which is why they keep coming back. If the characters are still popular in the comics then what's the use of never seeing them in movies ever again? And no, Marvel hasn't proven they can make anything work. The Ant-Man/Wasp movies with Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne didn't exactly blow anyone away, which is again why they should've gone with Hank and Janet. Doctor Strange wasn't a runaway hit either. And after they make X-Men and Fantastic Four movies, what's next? You're forgetting that except for Guardians of the Galaxy(which worked because it was a space adventure), most of the Marvel movies have featured Marvel's most prominent marquee characters.

You think in ten years Marvel's gonna be able to continue with MCU with nothing but The Man Called Nova, Power Pack, Namor: The Sub-Mariner, Alpha Flight, etc? Remember, a lot of those comics got cancelled due to lack of interest, and because comic book fans wanted to read about their mainstay characters that make the core of Marvel Comics - Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, etc. What, you think DC/WB is gonna be able to get away with making Suicide Squad movies and Titans movies, Hawk & Dove, Lobo, etc, and never again make any movies about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, or The Flash? They're the mainstays of comics for the last half century for a reason, guys.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Avatar Credit: Erin
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:13 PM
  #154
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 11,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

You guys actually believe we'll never have another Captain America movie or another Iron Man movie? You actually believe that Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne will never get to be in the Avengers movies even though they're founding members in the comics?

That's like WB never making another Superman movie or another Batman movie, or another Wonder Woman movie. These characters are timeless, so no one's ever gonna get tired of seeing the adventures of these characters, which is why they keep coming back. If the characters are still popular in the comics then what's the use of never seeing them in movies ever again? And no, Marvel hasn't proven they can make anything work. The Ant-Man/Wasp movies with Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne didn't exactly blow anyone away, which is again why they should've gone with Hank and Janet. Doctor Strange wasn't a runaway hit either. And after they make X-Men and Fantastic Four movies, what's next? You're forgetting that except for Guardians of the Galaxy(which worked because it was a space adventure), most of the Marvel movies have featured Marvel's most prominent marquee characters.

You think in ten years Marvel's gonna be able to continue with MCU with nothing but The Man Called Nova, Power Pack, Namor: The Sub-Mariner, Alpha Flight, etc? Remember, a lot of those comics got cancelled due to lack of interest, and because comic book fans wanted to read about their mainstay characters that make the core of Marvel Comics - Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, etc. What, you think DC/WB is gonna be able to get away with making Suicide Squad movies and Titans movies, Hawk & Dove, Lobo, etc, and never again make any movies about Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, or The Flash? They're the mainstays of comics for the last half century for a reason, guys.
Call me crazy but for Steve&Tony yes I do. Except unlike WB/DC with Batman Disney/Marvel don't feel like they need to keep Steve&Tony for the MCU to stay successful. Also, I didn't say anything about WB/DC never making any more Batman movies, Superman movies, and Wonder Woman movies. I do believe WB/DC will continue to make them but I don't know if the same can be said for Disney/Marvel with Steve&Tony.
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-14-2019, 04:49 AM
  #155
Captain Canary

 
Make Them Laugh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 376,886
Alex...new questions on XMen OT

gonna try to take a walk
__________________
Merry Christmas in July~ Try it some year if you have Time
Make Them Laugh is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:25 PM
  #156
Sara Lance worshipper

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 203,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Alex...new questions on XMen OT

gonna try to take a walk
I answered them, Dave. Have a nice walk! I hope your weather is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Call me crazy but for Steve&Tony yes I do. Except unlike WB/DC with Batman Disney/Marvel don't feel like they need to keep Steve&Tony for the MCU to stay successful. Also, I didn't say anything about WB/DC never making any more Batman movies, Superman movies, and Wonder Woman movies. I do believe WB/DC will continue to make them but I don't know if the same can be said for Disney/Marvel with Steve&Tony.
Sorry, dragonfire, but superheroes have been recast for decades. And remember that Marvel characters are not nearly as well known as DC characters, and DC characters get recast all the time. Rob Pattinson will be the 9th actor to play Batman(including David Mazouz), and his Batman is a reboot from the Ben Affleck Batman. There have been 8 actors who have played Superman. And there have been 4 actors who have played Spider-Man. And if Marvel Comics still needs Steve and Tony then the MCU will need them eventually. It would be silly for Steve and Tony to still be in the comics in ten years but not in the MCU. They'll also need to recast Hank and Janet because there's no way that Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer can remain the only version of those characters.

Here's the trailer for Doctor Sleep, Stephen King's sequel to The Shining! It features Ewan MacGregor as a grown up Danny Torrence. I don't know how much of this film follows the Kubrick film and how much of it follows King's novels.

__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Avatar Credit: Erin

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-14-2019 at 03:06 PM
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 11:38 PM
  #157
Fan Forum Legend

 
betty cooper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 451,573
im pissed i had to cancel seeing xmen tommrow i cant wait to see it any longer

mum decided while i was away to have real estates come over appraise the house then she signed with one and have to spend all weekend packing my room and helping pack this house and my sis house instead of watching movies

i also saw aladdin loveeeeedd it going to see again next weekend and hopefully xmen then or weekend after

i havent watched a tv show in three whole weeks

im happy bout rpattz playing batman even though i cant picture it hahaha
__________________
Ho Merry Ho
icon
always ursღjasy
betty cooper is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 PM
  #158
Fan Forum Hero

 
Calgaryfan2006's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 65,185
Hey all
__________________
Malex/Vlamburn
Malex Family
Icon by:Sarah
Chrissy
Calgaryfan2006 is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 02:20 AM
  #159
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 11,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)



Sorry, dragonfire, but superheroes have been recast for decades. And remember that Marvel characters are not nearly as well known as DC characters, and DC characters get recast all the time. Rob Pattinson will be the 9th actor to play Batman(including David Mazouz), and his Batman is a reboot from the Ben Affleck Batman. There have been 8 actors who have played Superman. And there have been 4 actors who have played Spider-Man. And if Marvel Comics still needs Steve and Tony then the MCU will need them eventually. It would be silly for Steve and Tony to still be in the comics in ten years but not in the MCU. They'll also need to recast Hank and Janet because there's no way that Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer can remain the only version of those characters.
Yes, I know all that. I don't think it would be silly, I think it would be like a win-win situation. As for Douglas&Pfeiffer? Now, this is just my opinion but I think it's possible.
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-15-2019, 07:56 AM
  #160
Captain Canary

 
Make Them Laugh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 376,886
thanks Dragonfire

Lauren... so you are moving in July then or next week?

Chrissy

I guess NO long walk today...rainy and cold out

Light cleaning and Jessica Jones season 3 today
__________________
Merry Christmas in July~ Try it some year if you have Time
Make Them Laugh is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 12:16 PM
  #161
Sara Lance worshipper

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 203,274
Hi, Dave!

I'm sorry it's cold and rainy where you are. Man, and it's the middle of June? It's almost Summer! I hope you get to have your walk tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Hey all
Hi, Chrissy! I hope you're having a good weekend! Congrats on the Raptors beating the Warriors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yes, I know all that. I don't think it would be silly, I think it would be like a win-win situation. As for Douglas&Pfeiffer? Now, this is just my opinion but I think it's possible.
I know you don't think it would be silly, dragonfire, but that's just you. You're not a comic book fan and you don't know these characters. No, it wouldn't be win-win. You can't promote these characters if you don't keep having them in movies, and it makes no sense to have them still be the marquee characters in the comics but never feature them in the movies. Like I said, movies and comics are different, and you can't have a continuous movie continuity like the comics do because comic books come out every month, while movies take years to make.

And no, it's not possible for Douglas and Pfeiffer to remain as Hank and Janet. If there were some other reason for it that didn't involve Edgar Wright, you'd have an argument. But because the only reason that Hank and Janet are the way they are in the MCU is because of Edgar Wright, then... no. The man didn't even stick around to make an MCU movie and his script was never meant to be in the MCU anyway, so it's irrelevant. It's just a big mistake that Marvel will one day have to address and correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty cooper (View Post)
im pissed i had to cancel seeing xmen tommrow i cant wait to see it any longer

mum decided while i was away to have real estates come over appraise the house then she signed with one and have to spend all weekend packing my room and helping pack this house and my sis house instead of watching movies

i also saw aladdin loveeeeedd it going to see again next weekend and hopefully xmen then or weekend after

i havent watched a tv show in three whole weeks

im happy bout rpattz playing batman even though i cant picture it hahaha
Hi, Lauren!

I'm sorry you can't see X-Men tomorrow. That's when I plan to see it. I'm glad you liked Aladdin.

OMG, are you moving, Lauren? You have to give me your new address so I can send you birthday cards! When are you moving and where are you going?

How are you liking your vacation in New York City? Are you almost done and are you going home soon?

Well, I'm gonna wait and see how Rob does as Batman before I judge.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Avatar Credit: Erin
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 02:24 PM
  #162
Master Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 11,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)



I know you don't think it would be silly, dragonfire, but that's just you. You're not a comic book fan and you don't know these characters. No, it wouldn't be win-win. You can't promote these characters if you don't keep having them in movies, and it makes no sense to have them still be the marquee characters in the comics but never feature them in the movies. Like I said, movies and comics are different, and you can't have a continuous movie continuity like the comics do because comic books come out every month, while movies take years to make.

And no, it's not possible for Douglas and Pfeiffer to remain as Hank and Janet. If there were some other reason for it that didn't involve Edgar Wright, you'd have an argument. But because the only reason that Hank and Janet are the way they are in the MCU is because of Edgar Wright, then... no. The man didn't even stick around to make an MCU movie and his script was never meant to be in the MCU anyway, so it's irrelevant. It's just a big mistake that Marvel will one day have to address and correct.
I don't know I think you can, and Steve&Tony already been featured in the movies. Shoot arguable they like ate up most of the screen time in the Avengers movies. They had like close to a perfect send-off so why ruin that by bringing them back as Cap&Iron Man? Honestly, we don't need them back as Cap&Iron Man. Ok, but does the Mouse really need a new Hank&Janet? Like are they a priority to the Mouse?
dragonfire is online now  
Old 06-15-2019, 02:39 PM
  #163
Sara Lance worshipper

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 203,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I don't know I think you can, and Steve&Tony already been featured in the movies. Shoot arguable they like ate up most of the screen time in the Avengers movies. They had like close to a perfect send-off so why ruin that by bringing them back as Cap&Iron Man? Honestly, we don't need them back as Cap&Iron Man. Ok, but does the Mouse really need a new Hank&Janet? Like are they a priority to the Mouse?
Well, are Scott and Hope a priority? You'd think that characters who have been in Marvel Comics for the last 50 years, like Steve, Tony, Hank, and Janet(all of whom have been in the Avengers longer than anyone) would be priorities, instead of Hope, who isn't in the comics at all, and Scott, who's barely a character.

Sorry, sum1, but saying we don't need Steve and Tony back as Cap and Iron Man is like saying we don't need Clark and Bruce back as Superman and Batman. We're always gonna need them back, and I honestly can't believe I'm hearing you say this. You really think that Marvel is never gonna make any more movies with them? Have you been paying attention to anything over the last few decades when it comes to how superhero movies work? Marvel can't sustain the MCU with The Impossible Man and Stilt Man. They have to keep going back to their marquee names, just like DC does. Sooner or later, we'll get a new Steve and Tony, along with a new Hank and Janet. It would be stupid to do otherwise. Maybe YOU don't need another Steve and Tony, but you're just one person, dragonfire, who again, doesn't know much about comic books. Remember, to me you're a newcomer to the Marvel Universe, so please allow that I know more about how important these characters are to Marvel than you do.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Avatar Credit: Erin
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:51 AM
  #164
Captain Canary

 
Make Them Laugh's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 376,886
Alex...no walk to the Walmart/bank today...another cold rainy day with some fog...minus the ghost ship

Lauren...watch out for spoilers for XMen... different boards have different rules about posting spoilers on newly released movies....

in my time with FF over 6.5 years...it's been 2 weeks and one Mod a while back said about 2 months before open discussion on a released movie
__________________
Merry Christmas in July~ Try it some year if you have Time
Make Them Laugh is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 01:15 PM
  #165
Moderator Support Team

 
wickedrum's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 193,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Alex...no walk to the Walmart/bank today...another cold rainy day with some fog...minus the ghost ship

Lauren...watch out for spoilers for XMen... different boards have different rules about posting spoilers on newly released movies....

in my time with FF over 6.5 years...it's been 2 weeks and one Mod a while back said about 2 months before open discussion on a released movie
That's not the common consensus, far from it!
__________________
wickedrum is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST